FiiO M15 Audio Player | Dual AK4499EQ | 7490 mAh Battery | 64 GB ROM | $1299.99
May 24, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #2,311 of 4,083
I have M15 , its a monster player . Worth every €€. Now i think to gwt FA9.
Just asking , if its great obvious you already have something in or on your ear then why buy something more ? You believe buying something more will make the M15 sound just a little bit better ?

May 24, 2020 at 1:53 PM Post #2,312 of 4,083
Very good sound. Warmish with very awesome spot on treble. Drive power is also awesome. Just as good as the SP1000 if not better.
Hello! I am new here in Head-Fi , and I have never listened to any dap. I have Meizu pro 6 plus smartphone with dac . And I just wondering if those 1000$-over daps can really sound somewhat amazing compare to phones with dac?

May 24, 2020 at 1:55 PM Post #2,313 of 4,083
"Certainly, I understand that not everyone has the same demand. So let's take it to the next level, designing this function into a user-definable button. Users can set this multifunctional button to their most frequently-used operation in the system menu, or long press this button to call out the setting menu in the bright screen state.
In this way, it can meet the requirements of more people for a certain high-frequency operation. Even I am thinking that latter players can be designed with a bulk management button. A simple click can realize a series of specified operations, which is very meaningful for high-frequency operations.
If you are an M15 user, will you like this feature? Do you still want us to keep this design in the future products?"

Yes @FiiO, I personally enjoy this option. Even Zeos in Z-Reviews is this is probably the best feature to randomly shuffle songs is worth the cost of the M15 alone, exaggerating but that is how important it is.

Only irk I have with it is that it shuffles through the folder of the music and then goes to another folder after those are done. If it was a true shuffle, that would be brilliant.

May 24, 2020 at 2:59 PM Post #2,314 of 4,083
Hello! I am new here in Head-Fi , and I have never listened to any dap. I have Meizu pro 6 plus smartphone with dac . And I just wondering if those 1000$-over daps can really sound somewhat amazing compare to phones with dac?

Not really. My experience is that, once you get past the $500 mark or $1000 mark, the improvements are good and appreciated by me, but not to the level of "amazing". I never heard an amazing DAP. Only heard amazing desktop setups and amazing speakers.

May 24, 2020 at 3:55 PM Post #2,315 of 4,083
Not really. My experience is that, once you get past the $500 mark or $1000 mark, the improvements are good and appreciated by me, but not to the level of "amazing". I never heard an amazing DAP. Only heard amazing desktop setups and amazing speakers.

And here lies the beauty of headfi because I would say the opposite.

I have experienced what I would call some amazing DAPs that are leaps and bounds above the quality of my smartphone.
I've also heard some DAPs that were very expensive and very over rated.

The point about price is true though, you get to a certain point and the old diminishing returns sets in.

However I do think that Fiio have made a real gem with the M15, it is a clear step above anything I've heard in its immediate price range but again others will disagree!

May 24, 2020 at 4:49 PM Post #2,316 of 4,083
And here lies the beauty of headfi because I would say the opposite.

I have experienced what I would call some amazing DAPs that are leaps and bounds above the quality of my smartphone.
I've also heard some DAPs that were very expensive and very over rated.

The point about price is true though, you get to a certain point and the old diminishing returns sets in.

However I do think that Fiio have made a real gem with the M15, it is a clear step above anything I've heard in its immediate price range but again others will disagree!

M15 is good

May 26, 2020 at 8:59 AM Post #2,323 of 4,083
The M15 is fantastic.... I'm still in awe that they put two AKM4499 DAC chips in.... there is NO PHONE that will sound as good as this...

I wish the M15 can do native DSD512 playback like the SP2000 but overall it is an AMAZING unit for it's price range.

May 26, 2020 at 9:00 AM Post #2,324 of 4,083
I wish the M15 can do native DSD512 playback like the SP2000 but overall it is an AMAZING unit for it's price range.
Which albums would you play if the M15 could ?

May 26, 2020 at 9:25 AM Post #2,325 of 4,083

You can easily try it by:

- Connect your M15 to your computer as a USB DAC
- Either download the https://samplerateconverter.com/ and convert a very well recorded album to DSD512, and play it using foobar2000 (I haven't tried using the foobar2000 but played through HQPlayer). EDIT: https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/articles/00075146
- Or download the HQPlayer (https://www.signalyst.com/consumer.html) and use real-time DSD512 conversion
- In both cases play through M15 and check if you hear any difference.
- If you like, repeat it with DSD256 which should not be any different from DSD512

You can also try hard to find a DSD512 album and its DSD256 version and maybe also its FLAC version - and compare them all by playing on your computer with M15 in USB DAC mode.

My conclusion was, DSD512 is simply not needed on M15.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back