FiiO M15 Audio Player | Dual AK4499EQ | 7490 mAh Battery | 64 GB ROM | $1299.99
Feb 16, 2020 at 6:38 AM Post #1,171 of 4,083
Anyone compared the m15 with Kann cube yet? Was thinking of upgrading from a Fiio m7.
Will primarily use it to drive dt770 at home and as a player in the car (via Bluetooth or 3.5mm)
Music library will primarily be using qobuz offline and microsd.
I can live with the size of the Kann cube, and battery is of no issue.
SQ and User interface (smoothness,no lagging) will be the primary parameters to choose the DAP.
Thank you for any input

I had the KANN Cube and just from memory (as also stated above), M15 sounds to have more detail and larger stage and a more fun sound signature. I would take the M15 over Cube anytime. UI is anyway a no contest thing for M11/15, as they have the most powerful SoC in the DAP market. Software package and features of M15 is (for me) pretty ahead of all other Android DAPs.

Just search for Cube in the thread, there are several other posts about it.

I am also using Qobuz. I reported previously an issue with going from HiRes to 44/16 files, which seems to be fixed with the firmware FiiO released recently. It runs pretty smoothly.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2020 at 1:47 PM Post #1,172 of 4,083
Hi guys, just wondering if you've heard any rumors of a third party producing cases for the M15? I'm interested in getting one, but I'm also a stickler for pristine-looking devices/products, so I'm hesitant to pull the trigger until a good case is available. The current FiiO-branded case isn't the solution I'm looking for - removing the magnetic flap to change the volume isn't ideal, from a user-experience perspective; I change volume a lot. Thanks in advance!

Feb 16, 2020 at 4:48 PM Post #1,173 of 4,083
Hi guys, just wondering if you've heard any rumors of a third party producing cases for the M15? I'm interested in getting one, but I'm also a stickler for pristine-looking devices/products, so I'm hesitant to pull the trigger until a good case is available. The current FiiO-branded case isn't the solution I'm looking for - removing the magnetic flap to change the volume isn't ideal, from a user-experience perspective; I change volume a lot. Thanks in advance!
I find it strange that the flap covers the volume so completely.
@ezekiel77 it looks like from your photos a little of the pot is exposed, you can’t adjust it with ought popping the magnet? Even just a few %?

Feb 16, 2020 at 9:27 PM Post #1,176 of 4,083
You got to try it balanced.

The first few days I tried it with balanced cable and my A12t's, and the bass was too exaggerated for me in that config. I think the impedance is too high on that output. To my ears with those IEMs I preferred the unbalanced (in my case Moon sliver dragon unbalanced vs moon silver dragon balanced)

The balanced output does sound great to me on my Z1R's. But that's not a combination I carry around much.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2020 at 10:53 PM Post #1,177 of 4,083
I had the KANN Cube and just from memory (as also stated above), M15 sounds to have more detail and larger stage and a more fun sound signature. I would take the M15 over Cube anytime. UI is anyway a no contest thing for M11/15, as they have the most powerful SoC in the DAP market. Software package and features of M15 is (for me) pretty ahead of all other Android DAPs.

Just search for Cube in the thread, there are several other posts about it.

I am also using Qobuz. I reported previously an issue with going from HiRes to 44/16 files, which seems to be fixed with the firmware FiiO released recently. It runs pretty smoothly.
Great...the M15 it is then. Thanks for the advice,it's really hard to choose a dap if you have to blind buy and can't audition it.

Feb 16, 2020 at 11:23 PM Post #1,178 of 4,083
Great...the M15 it is then. Thanks for the advice,it's really hard to choose a dap if you have to blind buy and can't audition it.
Lets us know what you think of the Cube.

Feb 17, 2020 at 11:11 AM Post #1,183 of 4,083
I find it strange that the flap covers the volume so completely.
@ezekiel77 it looks like from your photos a little of the pot is exposed, you can’t adjust it with ought popping the magnet? Even just a few %?
You can adjust it yeah, little by little with the lid on. Just that for me it isn't the most elegant solution.

Feb 18, 2020 at 3:37 AM Post #1,185 of 4,083
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back