FiiO M15 Audio Player | Dual AK4499EQ | 7490 mAh Battery | 64 GB ROM | $1299.99
Feb 14, 2020 at 3:49 AM Post #1,156 of 4,083
@JamesFiiO Any idea when your newer batch of M15s will be released to Amazon in the US? There are only rip off folks on Amazon now wanting $1500 for the M15. Can't feed corruption.

The situation in China now, like we are playing a video game and someone press the pause button and no one know when it can back to normal so it is impossible answer your question now.

but we hope we can release the 2rd batch in April .

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Feb 14, 2020 at 4:10 AM Post #1,157 of 4,083
Yes, theres a change at about 48hrs. But the biggest change is at about 96hrs. Its now analytical, with more (and better) treble response, but still musical/fun. Bass response not as pronounced as initially, since it gets more controlled and tighter. The benefits are quite positive and sound signature becomes a bit different. Not so warm, more detail focused. Basically it's worth the waiting.
Same here,I am 120 hrs in ,also I am amazed at the upscaling it does as usb dac,I mean fiio x7 mk2 was great,but this one is on next level ,making youtube video songs like I am listening to very hi res audio songs,everything is so crystal clear & musical,love it :D

Feb 14, 2020 at 8:44 AM Post #1,158 of 4,083
The situation in China now, like we are playing a video game and someone press the pause button and no one know when it can back to normal so it is impossible answer your question now.

but we hope we can release the 2rd batch in April .

I can do nothing but wish you all Chinese people a quick recovery from this situation and hope that you can return to normal life as soon as possible. I feel lucky that I was able to grab from the few early pieces of M15. It is really a great product you just released and was well worth the long wait since the announcement. I hope this situation ends very soon, and you can enjoy your achievement, as much as I enjoy using it.

Feb 14, 2020 at 4:42 PM Post #1,160 of 4,083
Jim Bobber,

Your comment from last week stuck with me, and after further listening I had started to hear some deficiencies in the M15/FH7 pairing. After a lot of experimentation what worked for me was changing the filter setting to Super Slow Roll-Off, which to my ears pulled the bass into line. I'm also finding the Super Slow Roll-Off filter works well with the HD800 so it is now my filter setting of choice. Although it seems like a minor tweak, with extended listening I am amazed at how this one setting changes the character of the M15.

How are you doing now with the FH7? If you are using EQ, I would be curious to know what settings you landed on.
Hey expat,

sorry for the delay in replying, had a friend over form the states, have not found much time of late to listen. I also still think I’m going through the tinkering phase. However things are getting there! Biggest revelation to me is that I got the FiiO lc 2.5d balanced cable. I thought I’d made a mistake as you get even more power out of the 2.5mm balanced output! But wow, the Fh7‘s seem more controlled, that heavy bloaty bottom end is far less of an issue. I was quite surprised! I can’t say I’ve noticed a heck of a lot of other difference to the sound stage for instance, but the control is more than enough. Not needing to EQ now! also yep, gone with super slow roll off which you are right, it does bring that low end a bit making it mess flabby. So that with the new cable has made a world of difference. Really now enjo the pairing! I also got the jvc spiral dots which pair well! So I think I’ve found my combo now!!

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2020 at 9:13 PM Post #1,162 of 4,083
Catching up on this thread after a long time, and several trips. The M15 continues to impress me. Again, with the default filter the bass is too pronounced and flabby for my taste, but with the right filter it is very good.

The combination of M15 + A12t + unbalanced + right filter is the best in-flight experience I've had in my life and definitely my current favorite portable combination. I like it better than the AK 2000 which I borrowed for a week. The AK has a slightly/sometimes more open top end, but the M15 always wins me back with a warmth that suits my particular taste.

Feb 15, 2020 at 12:24 AM Post #1,163 of 4,083
Catching up on this thread after a long time, and several trips. The M15 continues to impress me. Again, with the default filter the bass is too pronounced and flabby for my taste, but with the right filter it is very good.

The combination of M15 + A12t + unbalanced + right filter is the best in-flight experience I've had in my life and definitely my current favorite portable combination. I like it better than the AK 2000 which I borrowed for a week. The AK has a slightly/sometimes more open top end, but the M15 always wins me back with a warmth that suits my particular taste.
You got to try it balanced.

There are indeed filters that reduce bass. I prefer the default filter (more bass) even because LCD-i4 is a neutral IEM by default (became kind of a bass bomb with the M15, which I appreciate).

M15 with default filter is pretty much like ifi micro iDSD Black Label with Xbass ON (but better - tighter/superior bass quality).

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2020 at 3:34 PM Post #1,164 of 4,083
Hello, can someone tell me the sound difference to the Lotoo Paw 6000 or Kann Cube?
Thank you

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2020 at 7:31 PM Post #1,165 of 4,083
Hello, can someone tell me the sound difference to the Lotoo Paw 6000 or Kann Cube?
Thank you
I've had KANN Cube prior to M15 (and DX228). Compared to DX220+AMP8, KANN Cube is on another league. DX228 has the wider soundstage, but KANN Vube, the greater fidelity and punch/tightness in the lower region. But it can't compare to M15 especially in terms of soundstage width and depth. It has excepcional fidelity but soundstage is quite narrow. It's its only limitation in my opinion. Then FiiO's software gives you a greater experience. And finally, if it is for portability, forget KANN Cube. It's bigger and heavier than Hugo 2. I've had some laughs from "friends" when I put it off my pocket (big pocket) :D

To sumarize, they have pretty similar level of fidelity, but soundstage wise, and especially depth, there's no comparison. The experience is much more immersive, even "holographic", from M15.

Just my opinion, your mileage may vary.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2020 at 8:38 PM Post #1,166 of 4,083
I've had KANN Cube prior to M15 (and DX228). Compared to DX220+AMP8, KANN Cube is on another league. DX228 has the wider soundstage, but KANN Vube, the greater fidelity and punch/tightness in the lower region. But it can't compare to M15 especially in terms of soundstage width and depth. It has excepcional fidelity but soundstage is quite narrow. It's its only limitation in my opinion. Then FiiO's software gives you a greater experience. And finally, if it is for portability, forget KANN Cube. It's bigger and heavier than Hugo 2. I've had some laughs from "friends" when I put it off my pocket (big pocket) :D
Thanks AudioBomb.
Base on the sound only, I will probably go with the Lotoo Paw 6000 instead of the Cube.

Feb 16, 2020 at 5:36 AM Post #1,169 of 4,083
Anyone compared the m15 with Kann cube yet? Was thinking of upgrading from a Fiio m7.
Will primarily use it to drive dt770 at home and as a player in the car (via Bluetooth or 3.5mm)
Music library will primarily be using qobuz offline and microsd.
I can live with the size of the Kann cube, and battery is of no issue.
SQ and User interface (smoothness,no lagging) will be the primary parameters to choose the DAP.
Thank you for any input

Feb 16, 2020 at 6:05 AM Post #1,170 of 4,083
I currently have >100 hours on the player. I am surprised but I had my wife listen to M15 from SE, balanced and LO to SHA900. Like me, she found the balanced output to have a more extended treble and better controlled bass. Difference is not big but sounds to be there. LO to SHA900 has the most natural of them all. This was our test music, with good instrument separation, tight kick and good textured e-bass and cymbals. How well the Chick's e-keys stand out also gives a good idea about the mids.

Test HP was Stellia.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back