FiiO M15 Audio Player | Dual AK4499EQ | 7490 mAh Battery | 64 GB ROM | $1299.99
Feb 22, 2020 at 2:35 AM Post #1,276 of 4,083
Finally I could go to Zococity and try the M15 and the AK futura 100. Also tried HD800S, Andromeda, Solaris and Khan. I kept my rig with me to make more comparisions, so add the Hugo 2, Clears, LG V30 and SE846.

All the tests were done with Tidal App, and UAPP-Tidal in the case of the Hugo.

20200210_131538_HDR_resized.jpg

M15: Powerfull. It can move the HD800S with ease. Nice feel at hand. Big but pocketable. Tons of features. Noticeable hiss with sensitive iems, the Campfire ones. Fast interface.

AKf100: Less power than the M15. No hiss problems. Angled shape makes it unconfortable to hold. The volume pot was too soft, didn't like it. Fast interface.

About headphones and iems, I loved the HD800S highs, but the lack of bass makes me prefer the Clears. Andromeda and Khan have the same problem, the lack of bass is evident. I'm not a basshead by any means, but like some presence of them. Anyway, the differences between cans and iems were huge, and loved the Solaris so much, with its energetic sound and clarity.

Referred to my actual gear, found all the daps a step below the Hugo, mainly in dynamics and definition. M15, AKf100 and V30 were sometimes a bit blurry in comparision, something we could expect I guess. But the big surprise to me was how good the LG V30 stood against M15 and AKf100, with iems of course. No hiss, similar level of detail and dynamics, nice tone, and one thing the daps couldn't match, the sim card. So, to me, the sound differences between the daps and the V30 are not enough to justify the spent of 1500€, and the phone makes possible to stream on the go directly, so the needs of storing space are minimal.

I found the M15 to be a good gadget to walk around home while listening music with big cans, but to sit and listen to music H2 is better, and on the go as I've said I prefer the convenience of the V30.

Hope this impressions help someone.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2020 at 2:41 AM Post #1,277 of 4,083
Finally I could go to Zococity and try the M15 and the AK ultima 100. Also tried HD800S, Andromeda, Solaris and Khan. I kept my rig with me to make more comparisions, so add the Hugo 2, Clears, LG V30 and SE846.

All the tests were done with Tidal App, and UAPP-Tidal in the case of the Hugo.

M15: Powerfull. It can move the HD800S with ease. Nice feel at hand. Big but pocketable. Tons of features. Noticeable hiss with sensitive iems, the Campfire ones. Fast interface.

AKu100: Less power than the M15. No hiss problems. Angled shape makes it unconfortable to hold. The volume pot was too soft, didn't like it. Fast interface.

About headphones and iems, I loved the HD800S highs, but the lack of bass makes me prefer the Clears. Andromeda and Khan have the same problem, the lack of bass is evident. I'm not a basshead by any means, but like some presence of them. Anyway, the differences between cans and iems were huge, and loved the Solaris so much, with its energetic sound and clarity.

Referred to my actual gear, found all the daps a step below the Hugo, mainly in dynamics and definition. M15, AKu100 and V30 were sometimes a bit blurry in comparision, something we could expect I guess. But the big surprise to me was how good the LG V30 stood against M15 and AKu100, with iems of course. No hiss, similar level of detail and dynamics, nice tone, and one thing the daps couldn't match, the sim card. So, to me, the sound differences between the daps and the V30 are not enough to justify the spent of 1500€, and the phone makes possible to stream on the go directly, so the needs of storing space are minimal.

I found the M15 to be a good gadget to walk around home while listening music with big cans, but to sit and listen to music H2 is better, and on the go as I've said I prefer the convenience of the V30.

Hope this impressions helps someone.

Cheers.
With iems the Hugo is the better choice over any dap , any .

Feb 22, 2020 at 2:54 AM Post #1,279 of 4,083
Well, something I forgot to say is I had hiss with H2 and Solaris also. So I agree overall with you, but with Solaris maybe I would prefer other combo.
Or get rid of CF iems.

Feb 22, 2020 at 3:43 AM Post #1,281 of 4,083
Well, something I forgot to say is I had hiss with H2 and Solaris also. So I agree overall with you, but with Solaris maybe I would prefer other combo.

please don't turn on the big cans mode and set the gain to low, the hiss will be very very small. even in IEMs mode and low gain, the M15 already has plenty of power to drive any IEMs.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Feb 22, 2020 at 7:22 AM Post #1,283 of 4,083
I bought M15 from Hifigo.com last month(The service by Hifigo’s staff was excellent! ). I’ve owned and enjoyed some DAPs, that is to say A&K SE100,A&K SP1000, Hifiman R2R2000, and Sony NW-WM1A.
I like all the Daps,but I’m enjoying M15 only recently. The reason is below:

1. AK4499EQ x2 are awesome. Compare to SP1000(AK4497EQ x2), the sound quality is the best. Incomparable with SE100 which is same price range.

2. Earphone jack are mounted by 2.5mm,3.5mm,and 4.4mm…Any earphone can be used.

3. Long battery life. Long listening but charges only need once every two or three days.

4. Compact and light. Compare to SP1000,SE100, and NW-WM1A.

5. Android mode and pure music mode are prepared. The former can install Android apps via Fiio store app or apkpure.com.

6. High power. All high impedance earphone(ex. RHA CL750) can be enjoyed.

…and more. I might the other DAPs to part.

I listened to M15 last week in Singapore, AV One shop has demo unit. None for sale, and the very nice guy at the shop said they won't have stock until possibly April.

M15 driving my LCDi4 blew me away from first minute. It is another level from Ibasso dx200 and Onkyo X1, my favorite DAPs.

Very friendly guy at shop put my SD card with very familiar tracks in M15, I don't have words to describe it, but the clarity is very likely due to extremely low distortion figures of amplifier chip, together with best DAC available at the moment. This level of audio quality I only heard from serious $ desktop setups. I have never listened to Astell 2000.

I'm looking to buy M15, no one seems to have it. I quoted you, because you said you bought your's from hifigo.com. Curiously they are only taking pre orders. How did you manage the buy it?

Someone posted last week they got it from Amazon UK, but today M15 is nowhere to found there. Strange!

Hifigo.com M15 page:

Screenshot_20200222_190828_com.android.chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2020 at 8:16 AM Post #1,284 of 4,083
Feb 22, 2020 at 8:33 AM Post #1,285 of 4,083
AVshop on Amazon UK are showing as having stock with delivery for midweek
https://www.amazon.co.uk/FiiO-M15-P...a_1_1?keywords=fiio+m15&qid=1582377347&sr=8-1

Nice!

1199£ = $1550 = 1430€

Above suggested retail, but that's expected, most usual places just don't have it. Didn't it come out in Dec, now is end of Feb, and Fiio can't make enough of them.
AV One quoted $1999 SGD, that's $1430 USD, once they have it in stock.

AV One is kind of big deal in Singapore, authorised dealer for Audeze, UE, Astell, Fiio and every other brand you can think of, and they don't have it for at least another month, they said. Interesting.

AV One Singapore.jpg

Feb 22, 2020 at 8:43 AM Post #1,286 of 4,083
Nice!

1199£ = $1550 = 1430€

Above suggested retail, but that's expected, most usual places just don't have it. Didn't it come out in Dec, now is end of Feb, and Fiio can't make enough of them.
AV One quoted $1999 SGD, that's $1430 USD, once they have it in stock.

AV One is kind of big deal in Singapore, authorised dealer for Audeze, UE, Astell, Fiio and every other brand you can think of, and they don't have it for at least another month, they said. Interesting.

It is not that FiiO is not able to make enough of them, but they are just worried about other things at the moment. Production in China was frozen just after the release of M15 and the virus started to take lives. Now people are not able to go to work, thus the lack of production.

Feb 22, 2020 at 8:52 AM Post #1,287 of 4,083
It is not that FiiO is not able to make enough of them, but they are just worried about other things at the moment. Production in China was frozen just after the release of M15 and the virus started to take lives. Now people are not able to go to work, thus the lack of production.

Understood. And it's going to be like this in China for a while, not one or two months.

Feb 22, 2020 at 9:45 AM Post #1,288 of 4,083
Yes, those that have the M15 early, received them before the lunar new year holiday. It was during the holiday when the virus situation really headed south, and like Andy Kong from Cayin said, China has basically hit the big pause button until the virus is fully under control.

Feb 22, 2020 at 10:54 AM Post #1,289 of 4,083
I listened to M15 last week in Singapore, AV One shop has demo unit. None for sale, and the very nice guy at the shop said they won't have stock until possibly April.

M15 driving my LCDi4 blew me away from first minute. It is another level from Ibasso dx200 and Onkyo X1, my favorite DAPs.

Very friendly guy at shop put my SD card with very familiar tracks in M15, I don't have words to describe it, but the clarity is very likely due to extremely low distortion figures of amplifier chip, together with best DAC available at the moment. This level of audio quality I only heard from serious $ desktop setups. I have never listened to Astell 2000.

I'm looking to buy M15, no one seems to have it. I quoted you, because you said you bought your's from hifigo.com. Curiously they are only taking pre orders. How did you manage the buy it?

Someone posted last week they got it from Amazon UK, but today M15 is nowhere to found there. Strange!

Hifigo.com M15 page:

I think that anyone who listens to that combo M15+LCD-i4 will be very very impressed. They were made for each other.

Today I was listening to LCD-i3 with the M15 and the experience is nowhere close to LCD-i4. My conclusion is that a DAP this good is to be used with a very high-end IEM or headphone in order to realize what it is capable of. Scalability is impressive.

Concerning Hugo 2, it's not a match for LCD-i4, the experience with M15 is much more enjoyable. Fuller, bigger, what LCD-i4 needs. It fills in this in-ear headphone with emotion and grandiosity.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2020 at 4:44 PM Post #1,290 of 4,083
Hi I have a question, when using fiio m15 in "usb dac" mode and using it with tidal master (mqa), does something appear on the screen? just put usb dac and the resolution that gives the interface according to how you have configured windows for example: 32/384 .... etc .. Is the USB dac compatible with mqa or is it only used and activated with the application of tidal in the m15 itself? Thanks a lot Greetings Patxi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back