FiiO M15 Audio Player | Dual AK4499EQ | 7490 mAh Battery | 64 GB ROM | $1299.99
Apr 17, 2020 at 9:56 PM Post #1,981 of 4,083
Guys, I'm just getting my feet wet with in the MQA pond and need some advice on playing back such music files offline as I never stream. So my question is can I, at all, play back MQA files with my Fiio M11Pro or M15 or I need to stream or use MQA cd and a compatible cd player?

I think there are places you can buy MQA files but they ain’t worth it. Buy normal HiRes or DSD instead.

Apr 17, 2020 at 10:00 PM Post #1,982 of 4,083
I just want to make up my own mind regarding MQA but if there is no way to play such files back offline, that is also fine with me as I'm not bent on it. But during the years in this hobby I have learnt to make up my own mind by implementing such a thing into my system let it be MQA, power conditioners or the magic green marker.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2020 at 10:06 PM Post #1,983 of 4,083
I think power conditioners aren’t good enough. You need a power regenerator for the absolute best AC power. I have noticed that my headphones sound the best after midnight before dawn, when the AC power from wall is relatively clean. I am saving up for a power regenerator now so that I can listen during the day.

Apr 17, 2020 at 10:52 PM Post #1,984 of 4,083

If I wanted to listen to music from my phone, I wouldn't bother owning a DAP.

You are wasting your money listening to compressed music on M15. Try Qobuz or TIDAL.

I use Apple Music primarily to discover music for purchase later or just listen as background when I work. My one playlist on Apple Music is literally called "Buy List".

Apr 18, 2020 at 1:04 AM Post #1,985 of 4,083
If I wanted to listen to music from my phone, I wouldn't bother owning a DAP.

I use Apple Music primarily to discover music for purchase later or just listen as background when I work. My one playlist on Apple Music is literally called "Buy List".
Dap = music audio , dap.

Apr 18, 2020 at 2:16 AM Post #1,988 of 4,083
It's not you who decides what a DAP is for everyones needs. This is an android DAP, you can do much more than just listening to music.
What a bitter old man , yes he can use it as a plane or a hat but Im guessing the main focus was for the music. Music from your card , using music apps or streaming. You think watching videos from a dap is the best choice ?

Apr 18, 2020 at 2:17 AM Post #1,989 of 4,083
Selling my M15, BTW. Getting out of this hobby, at least for now. Selling everything, including LCD-i4. If anybody's interested shoot me a PM.
Good luck and come back when you feel better.

Apr 18, 2020 at 2:47 AM Post #1,992 of 4,083
That's no question at all. But you complained, that sound is not in sync when playing videos (while commuting) ...
jmills8 "phone" comment was, look them on your phone, not on M15 ... M15 is an excellent device, if you like to listen to music :thumbsup:

Just for clarification - feedback is not a complaint nor criticism. The best companies in the world love when customers provide feedback.

I personally would like the best audio quality I can get while watching videos, especially live concerts and music documentaries. Now, if Fiio says M15 was never intended to be used for video apps, then I'm fine with that. That is why I specifically said I had "feedback" and would like an answer from Fiio.

But if it makes you feel better, if Fiio says that audio quality will be diminished by even 0.000000000000000001% if they fix the sync issue, I will be the first one to beg them not to fix it.

Edit - My assumption of Fiio's tag line "Smart" Portable Music Player and the fact they point out multi core SOC as a feature is that M15 does more than just play music. I definitely could be reading too much into that.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2020 at 3:59 AM Post #1,993 of 4,083
I just want to make up my own mind regarding MQA but if there is no way to play such files back offline, that is also fine with me as I'm not bent on it.
+1 on avoiding pre-canned opinions and FUD regarding what is quite simply a technology choice.
I mostly stream MQA from Tidal but not everything that's available as MQA files is also available on Tidal. In those cases i buy from https://www.highresaudio.com/en/site/index or http://www.2l.no/ (2L only sell their own, non-mainstream, but magnificently produced releases) and play offline (on an iBasso, not FiiO).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back