FiiO M15 Audio Player | Dual AK4499EQ | 7490 mAh Battery | 64 GB ROM | $1299.99
Mar 19, 2020 at 10:35 AM Post #1,801 of 4,083
So, some experiment for you guys. I took 30 second samples from 3 FLAC files (44 and 48 kHz) and and converted them to DSD256, and uploaded the source files and the converted files to my Google drive. Anyone who wants to give it a try and check for differences?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fVHl_-h-RPF8YyuNpTkosXGEukIJinpu

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2020 at 11:20 AM Post #1,802 of 4,083
So is there a timeline for it being enabled in Tidal for M15? In the launch thread it was indicated March for the update, but I understand the COVID-19 pandemic has put a lot of plans on hold across the globe.

And I guess I’m confused by your point #3. Companies such as Astell&Kern and HiBy have enabled MQA in Tidal on their Android-based DAPs, so users can utilize MQA with offline files. Are you saying this can’t be done with M15?

Then jumpship to AK or HiBy, whatever you are doing isn't helping

Mar 19, 2020 at 2:26 PM Post #1,804 of 4,083
So, some experiment for you guys. I took 30 second samples from 3 FLAC files (44 and 48 kHz) and and converted them to DSD256, and uploaded the source files and the converted files to my Google drive. Anyone who wants to give it a try and check for differences?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fVHl_-h-RPF8YyuNpTkosXGEukIJinpu

Woooaaah! I just added another clip from Cynic / Integral Birth (metal) and the difference on M15 is _incredible_!!! Tested using the balanced output and Stellia. Again, the conversion was done with AuI and DSD256 is directly converted from the 44 kHz FLAC clip.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2020 at 2:52 PM Post #1,805 of 4,083
Then jumpship to AK or HiBy, whatever you are doing isn't helping
I fail to see how asking a question to clarify expectations about a promised feature for a device I already paid for (in part because this feature was promised) is an issue, especially given other users have the same question. And talk about irony; what’s your comment adding to the discussion? :rolling_eyes:

Mar 19, 2020 at 3:14 PM Post #1,806 of 4,083
I am so tired of MQA. Tidal is the only company supporting it. I wish they would move on to simple hires flac. All these equipment manufacturers waste licensing money, software development (and staff) and we, the consumers get caught up in all of it.

Fiio sucks for the screen issue, and insistence on the old exynos processor, but there is literally no reason for MQA to exist. Hell with 5G around the corner, who cares how big the audio file is.

Mar 19, 2020 at 4:20 PM Post #1,808 of 4,083
I am so tired of MQA. Tidal is the only company supporting it. I wish they would move on to simple hires flac. All these equipment manufacturers waste licensing money, software development (and staff) and we, the consumers get caught up in all of it.

Fiio sucks for the screen issue, and insistence on the old exynos processor, but there is literally no reason for MQA to exist. Hell with 5G around the corner, who cares how big the audio file is.

I hope MQA dies as soon as possible, before more money and time is wasted on it.

Mar 19, 2020 at 6:06 PM Post #1,809 of 4,083
Qobus 24bit hi rez sound better to my ears than MQA tidal masters

Just saying :runner:

Mar 19, 2020 at 6:14 PM Post #1,810 of 4,083
Buona sera a tutti, sono onorato di essere un nuovo membro di questo forum, grazie a voi ho inserito ad ascoltare musica in modo diverso! FiioM15, dopo aver restituito il mio primo Dap AK Kann il quale suonava molto bene, ma non è così per quale motivo si trova inchiodato dopo circa un mese di attività. Quindi anche i marchi importanti hanno i loro problemi / difetti. Fiio M15 è un prodotto non economico ma con un rapporto qualità prezzo pazzesco, onore a chi ha gestito questo bel giocatore. Dimenticavo, il mio display sembra non avere difetti. saluti

Mar 19, 2020 at 7:49 PM Post #1,811 of 4,083
Buona sera a tutti, sono onorato di essere un nuovo membro di questo forum, grazie a voi ho inserito ad ascoltare musica in modo diverso! FiioM15, dopo aver restituito il mio primo Dap AK Kann il quale suonava molto bene, ma non è così per quale motivo si trova inchiodato dopo circa un mese di attività. Quindi anche i marchi importanti hanno i loro problemi / difetti. Fiio M15 è un prodotto non economico ma con un rapporto qualità prezzo pazzesco, onore a chi ha gestito questo bel giocatore. Dimenticavo, il mio display sembra non avere difetti. saluti
Grazie ma no capisco niente. English please :)

Mar 19, 2020 at 8:02 PM Post #1,812 of 4,083

Mar 19, 2020 at 11:03 PM Post #1,813 of 4,083
Yes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back