FiiO M15 Audio Player | Dual AK4499EQ | 7490 mAh Battery | 64 GB ROM | $1299.99
Mar 15, 2020 at 12:00 PM Post #1,771 of 4,083
I will add to this. Just got a DUNU LUNA. I bought the M15 specifically for the earphones. This goes to show you. You can't believe some of the half baked reviews you see on line from the so called reputable reviewers.

This is coming from a person that owns my share of IEMs and headphones. The M15 sound wise lives up to the hardware specs in every possible way. I have been using and running in the player for the last week ever since I got it. Burning in the player is essential to get it to sound right and I will keep saying this. The player using my LUNA is crazy and I mean that in the best way possible. I can't imagine sonics to get any better with any other source and earphone to be honest.

The pairing is exactly how I imagined it would be. LUNA is very transparent of the source it is fed and I can say the M15 clearly pushes the LUNA to it's limits. The sound is so dynamic and dimensional it is the type of synergy that is hard to describe. But just know the M15 is phenomenal with IEMs and especially transparent flagships. I have yet to hear a single earphone I tried on the M15 that didn't sound absolutely superb.

There is literally no weakness to the sonic production on the M15. In fact owning the M15 now shows me just how weak my other sources are. The sound I am hearing out of the M15 now vs when I first got it is substantial. If you plan on spending your hard earned cash on something that is going to be worth it. The Fiio M15 is worth it. I am all about value in everything I buy and many guys know me on the threads for starting threads that are all about value. To me the M15 at it's price represents just this. If your thinking about it and see the negatives as there are. But if you want the best sounding player you can buy at this price. Go for it. Let it play for a week. Hold on and enjoy the ride.

Mar 15, 2020 at 12:25 PM Post #1,772 of 4,083
I tested the LO vs balanced output of M15 using an external amp, and balanced output is more colored compared to the LO which is a very clean, extended and neutral. 3.5mm LO to RCA should do the job just fine. It should skip the analogue volume control and the HP amp section. There is also a volume control for LO which you can enable from the settings, but it is the DAC digital volume control.

It is not a defect but just not needed. Try it and you will hear what I mean.
knows what I remember when I was very fond of HI-FI, you should never add two amplifiers if you have the possibility to pick up the preamplified signal (LO on 3.5). This will make everything cleaner and less noisy. Obviously if you have a poor external amplifier you will notice that the M15 alone is worth more.

Mar 15, 2020 at 12:33 PM Post #1,773 of 4,083

knows what I remember when I was very fond of HI-FI, you should never add two amplifiers if you have the possibility to pick up the preamplified signal (LO on 3.5). This will make everything cleaner and less noisy. Obviously if you have a poor external amplifier you will notice that the M15 alone is worth more.

I meant LO + external amp vs balanced output. As you said, on M15 you should just stick to the 3.5mm unbalanced LO. I would suggest anyone before complaining for the lack of balanced LO to test the 3.5mm LO of M15. Believe me, there is nothing to complain there.

Mar 16, 2020 at 3:51 AM Post #1,776 of 4,083
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 17, 2020 at 12:43 PM Post #1,779 of 4,083
And UAPP adds support for M15...

20200317_174149.jpg

Mar 17, 2020 at 2:11 PM Post #1,782 of 4,083
i only see it having last update on 3rd of March, on both M15 and smartphone.

Spoke with the developer. This is intentional, staged release, simply out of caution. Just be patient, it will gradually become more available over the next days.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2020 at 3:10 PM Post #1,784 of 4,083
Curiously, for me, for a basic internet use like reading the forum, do some search, read some site, news, etc, the experience is being pretty much like a 2 year old entry level smartphone. Does the job quite remarkably. Adding to this a fantastic, fluid Play Store experience and UAPP, along with an unmatched sound quality for the price, I'm really happy with the DAP.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2020 at 3:53 PM Post #1,785 of 4,083
I still can't believe we have Play Store and all the goodies (including MQA support) :beerchug:

MQA decoder is only available in fiio music. Still totally botched on all other apps. Typical fiio lie. Finally added an asterisk to their product page for m15/m11 pro explaining after 6 months. Another 6 months we will get a "screen static remover" right @FiiO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back