FiiO M11Pro | Dual AK4497 | THX AAA 78 Headpone Amp | 5.15" 18:9 720P | Exynos 7872 | 3G Ram+64G Rom |
Aug 7, 2020 at 7:44 PM Post #1,412 of 1,931
I have the Sennheiser SE535 (non-bluetooth) which is (or was) in the same price ballpark. Would you say that the FH7 has better sound quality for use with the M11Pro?

If so, is that because it's inherently better, or because it matches up well (intentionally or otherwise) with the player?
I use the red SE535 with my M11 Pro. The SE535 are fitted with the white Knowles filters which I like better than the stock filters. I am loving the clarity, good bass, and excellent sound stage. The ability to swop filters is a big feature on these earphones, which Sennheiser does not advertise. See the thread here on Head-Fi.

I tried the FH7, and although the sound quality was OK, they were very uncomfortable in my ears (so I returned them).

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2020 at 7:52 PM Post #1,413 of 1,931
Aug 8, 2020 at 12:05 PM Post #1,415 of 1,931
I use the red SE535 with my M11 Pro. The SE535 are fitted with the white Knowles filters which I like better than the stock filters. I am loving the clarity, good bass, and excellent sound stage. The ability to swop filters is a big feature on these earphones, which Sennheiser does not advertise. See the thread here on Head-Fi.

I tried the FH7, and although the sound quality was OK, they were very uncomfortable in my ears (so I returned them).

Thanks for the info. I can’t really buy lots of high end earphones, and the 535 have always been good.

Aug 9, 2020 at 4:04 AM Post #1,416 of 1,931
IMG_20200809_135233__01.jpg

Drives my Empyrean pretty well :)

Aug 11, 2020 at 10:55 AM Post #1,417 of 1,931
Hi all! Did some one have the same issue?

When I play a DSD256 song on the Fiio music app it shows 11.2M in the notification bar that is OK... but when I play the same song in Hiby Music app or USB APP it shows 88.2k and 352.8k.

Regards!

Aug 11, 2020 at 9:48 PM Post #1,418 of 1,931
Having owned the M11 Pro for a while now, I am finding that FiiO Music is frequently choking. I will turn on the unit, load FiiO Music (FM), then choose local music and then the card. Now, I have a 512MB Sandisk card. It's an A2 V30, and it's filled with about 45,000 songs. So, perhaps it might be slow in getting to a song. But what is happening is that I will start playing one song, and then I decide to play a different one. I go to that directory, and touch on it. Frequently, it will just keep playing the earlier song, and ignore my press, and finally tell me that FM has stopped and ask if I should wait or close the program.

This is happening A LOT. To the point that I'm afraid to switch to another song, because I'll have to turn off the unit and turn it on again.

What to do?

EDIT: Sometimes I get the following helpful message also-- "FiiO Music Keeps Stopping."

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2020 at 10:50 AM Post #1,420 of 1,931
Having owned the M11 Pro for a while now, I am finding that FiiO Music is frequently choking. I will turn on the unit, load FiiO Music (FM), then choose local music and then the card. Now, I have a 512MB Sandisk card. It's an A2 V30, and it's filled with about 45,000 songs. So, perhaps it might be slow in getting to a song. But what is happening is that I will start playing one song, and then I decide to play a different one. I go to that directory, and touch on it. Frequently, it will just keep playing the earlier song, and ignore my press, and finally tell me that FM has stopped and ask if I should wait or close the program.

This is happening A LOT. To the point that I'm afraid to switch to another song, because I'll have to turn off the unit and turn it on again.

What to do?

EDIT: Sometimes I get the following helpful message also-- "FiiO Music Keeps Stopping."
After adding songs to the memory card, did you do a full music scan? You also need to scan after each adding music.
I also recommend trying USB Audio Player Pro.

Aug 12, 2020 at 12:14 PM Post #1,421 of 1,931
After adding songs to the memory card, did you do a full music scan? You also need to scan after each adding music.
I also recommend trying USB Audio Player Pro.

Thanks for your thoughts. I'm also on the latest 1.03 firmware. I also tried going to pure Music mode.

I went full tilt on this. Also tried the following:

Completely formatted the sdxc card. Copied all the music to it in one go. Let it sit for a few hours scanning. Then tried it again. Same thing. Now, sometimes even touching another song selection makes it crash.

You think maybe a bug in the player? The one you recommend is good? How would I go about buying and downloading it? I'm used to an Iphone ios environment.

Edit: Ok, figured out downloading. Looks like lots of other player apps. Any other recommendations?

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2020 at 12:45 PM Post #1,422 of 1,931
Thanks for your thoughts. I'm also on the latest 1.03 firmware. I also tried going to pure Music mode.

Completely formatted the sdxc card. Copied all the music to it in one go. Let it sit for a few hours scanning. Then tried it again. Same thing. Now, sometimes even touching another song selection makes it crash.

You think maybe a bug in the player? The one you recommend is good? How would I go about buying and downloading it? I'm used to an Iphone ios environment.

To download the USB APP you have to go to play store and search the app, As I remember this have cost so you have to add some payment method, the app is very good, one of my favorite but why not to try the Hiby Music app before? That one is free and very fast.

Aug 12, 2020 at 2:08 PM Post #1,423 of 1,931

After each firmware update, I recommend doing a full reset to factory settings, this will guarantee the stability of the device on the new firmware. A full reset removes various junk files left over from working on the old firmware, in general, the overall stability of the device increases.
What can I say about the USB Audio Player Pro (UAPP), this is a very good application for listening to music with BitPerfect, that is, in this application, when listening to music, you can be sure that the signal goes directly to the DAC bypassing the operating room Android systems. In addition, in this application, you can log into the Tidal streaming service and other music streaming services, which is convenient. You can buy UAPP in the Play Market application store, the cost of the player is about $ 6.79, plus there is an additional service for connecting MQA support (if you need it), it costs about $ 4.08. This application has a regular equalizer and a parametric one, if I'm not mistaken, then a regular equalizer is free, and to use a parametric equalizer, you have to buy it, but I don't use them, since I have BitPerfect turned on on an ongoing basis. In general, you can try free software players, but I cannot guarantee that they will work directly with a DAC. I am totally confident in three music apps, Fiio Music, Neutron and UAPP.

Aug 12, 2020 at 2:45 PM Post #1,424 of 1,931
After each firmware update, I recommend doing a full reset to factory settings, this will guarantee the stability of the device on the new firmware. A full reset removes various junk files left over from working on the old firmware, in general, the overall stability of the device increases.
What can I say about the USB Audio Player Pro (UAPP), this is a very good application for listening to music with BitPerfect, that is, in this application, when listening to music, you can be sure that the signal goes directly to the DAC bypassing the operating room Android systems. In addition, in this application, you can log into the Tidal streaming service and other music streaming services, which is convenient. You can buy UAPP in the Play Market application store, the cost of the player is about $ 6.79, plus there is an additional service for connecting MQA support (if you need it), it costs about $ 4.08. This application has a regular equalizer and a parametric one, if I'm not mistaken, then a regular equalizer is free, and to use a parametric equalizer, you have to buy it, but I don't use them, since I have BitPerfect turned on on an ongoing basis. In general, you can try free software players, but I cannot guarantee that they will work directly with a DAC. I am totally confident in three music apps, Fiio Music, Neutron and UAPP.
Thanks.
I bought UAPP (After spending close to $700 on the player, I won't get an $8 app??), and it sounds fine. No freezes so far (fingers crossed). You think I should have bit perfect always turned on? No downside?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back