FiiO M11Pro | Dual AK4497 | THX AAA 78 Headpone Amp | 5.15" 18:9 720P | Exynos 7872 | 3G Ram+64G Rom |
Aug 12, 2020 at 3:03 PM Post #1,426 of 1,928
Thanks.
I bought UAPP (After spending close to $700 on the player, I won't get an $8 app??), and it sounds fine. No freezes so far (fingers crossed). You think I should have bit perfect always turned on? No downside?
When BitPerfect is activated, the equalizer is not available for use. For me, BitPerfect is the advantage of this player, since when it is activated, I am completely sure that all my music goes directly to the DAC without any Android processing.

Aug 12, 2020 at 3:38 PM Post #1,427 of 1,928
If anyone is interested in trying fun stuff, Samsung Odin mode can be enabled with POWER+PLAY/PAUSE, the Fastboot mode can be enabled by POWER+REWIND (<<), and Recovery with POWER+FORWARD(>>).

I guess Fastboot is the most interesting one, as you can flash a custom recovery, and from there you can make backups or flash root packages and so on.

I also attached the stock recovery (flashable via Fastboot). For Fastboot, you will need to manually install the driver. I attached an archive - you can manually install the "Android ADB Interface" one.

One thing would be porting the TWRP recovery, for example, that could then be flashable via Fastboot. I already tried installing a TWRP from a similar device (same SoC and resolution) but the recovery was not starting, and I restored the stock one from the attached archive and everything was fine again.

Good luck!

Attachments

• fastboot_driver.zip
    8.3 MB · Views: 0
  • recovery_m11pro_stock.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 13, 2020 at 1:06 AM Post #1,428 of 1,928
I gotta say, the forward/back track buttons on the side are driving me crazy. I press the back one by accident almost every time I use the M11P.

Really wish you could disable them. I only ever use the touch screen anyway.

Aug 13, 2020 at 6:11 AM Post #1,429 of 1,928
I gotta say, the forward/back track buttons on the side are driving me crazy. I press the back one by accident almost every time I use the M11P.

I agree, despite great build quality, the side buttons are prone to accidental pressing, very light touch is already enough. An old style lock button would have been icing on the cake.

Aug 13, 2020 at 9:25 AM Post #1,430 of 1,928
If anyone is interested in trying fun stuff, Samsung Odin mode can be enabled with POWER+PLAY/PAUSE, the Fastboot mode can be enabled by POWER+REWIND (<<), and Recovery with POWER+FORWARD(>>).

I guess Fastboot is the most interesting one, as you can flash a custom recovery, and from there you can make backups or flash root packages and so on.

I also attached the stock recovery (flashable via Fastboot). For Fastboot, you will need to manually install the driver. I attached an archive - you can manually install the "Android ADB Interface" one.

One thing would be porting the TWRP recovery, for example, that could then be flashable via Fastboot. I already tried installing a TWRP from a similar device (same SoC and resolution) but the recovery was not starting, and I restored the stock one from the attached archive and everything was fine again.

Good luck!
Thanks a lot . But does this mean we can root the M11 pro using twrp and flash sound mod via recovery? I am currently using Magisk to root M11 pro systemlessly and enjoy some sound mod shared on xda. Still want to use twrp root but not yet successfully to try some other sound mod like arkamys or arise...I've heard people say it is unable as the boot section is locked.

Please share how to root using twrp if possible. Thanks a lot.

Aug 13, 2020 at 9:29 AM Post #1,431 of 1,928
Thanks a lot . But does this mean we can root the M11 pro using twrp and flash sound mod via recovery? I am currently using Magisk to root M11 pro systemlessly and enjoy some sound mod shared on xda. Still want to use twrp root but not yet successfully to try some other sound mod like arkamys or arise...I've heard people say it is unable as the boot section is locked.

Please share how to root using twrp if possible. Thanks a lot.

If someone will port TWRP, then the person will also share how to install it.

I only shared this info in the hope that someone will do it. I own a Sony WM1A and I will sell the M11 Pro soon.

Aug 13, 2020 at 9:37 AM Post #1,432 of 1,928

I only shared this info in the hope that someone will do it. I own a Sony WM1A and I will sell the M11 Pro soon.
Ex-owner of ZX300 here. I agree that Sony has its own house sound and enjoyable Similar it is to their earphones. I own a M9 and it is addicted. But I like this M11 pro for for the screen touch and powerful and modifiable Android apps (UAPP/Neutron/PowerAmp). Try some sound mod and you will never regret.

Aug 13, 2020 at 9:42 AM Post #1,433 of 1,928

You like more the WM1A? Please share your reasons!

I really like the organic sound of the sony DAP but I feel that it do not have enough amp power to drive some headphones like Jubilee or Z7.

Aug 13, 2020 at 9:54 AM Post #1,434 of 1,928
I like the Sony DAP because of the awesome organic sound, analog-like, which is even more improved with mods like those from my signature (which allows switching the sound signature to the one of the 1Z for example). The M11 Pro sound is too "clear" and analytical, it indeed sounds digital.

I used Poweramp and USB Audio Player Pro a lot on my phone, and also on the M11 Pro, but I don't really like the laggy Android that is used. I don't miss anything in the WM1A player app, the interface is awesome, and the Walkman OS is not laggy at all.

Also, by installing one of the mods, you can get DSEE HX AI (ported from DMP-Z1/A55), which aims to restore both low and high frequencies, as well as the sense of soundstage, where the song calls it, and it really works beautifully.

The laggy Android was one of the reasons I didn't buy the ZX507 player, and instead I went with the WM1A, and I have no regrets.

Regarding headphones, I don't have really hungry ones. The most hungrier could be the Beyerdynamic DT1770 Pro (250 Ohm), and especially if I switch to high gain, I can't go to the maximum level, as the sound gets too loud.

Aug 13, 2020 at 10:16 AM Post #1,435 of 1,928

I agree, despite great build quality, the side buttons are prone to accidental pressing, very light touch is already enough. An old style lock button would have been icing on the cake.
In the device settings, you can choose which buttons will be available when the screen is off, if you wish, you can disable all of them.
You need to go to settings / general / key-lock settings

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200813-201523.png
    Screenshot_20200813-201523.png
    258.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 13, 2020 at 10:20 AM Post #1,436 of 1,928
In the device settings, you can choose which buttons will be available when the screen is off, if you wish, you can disable all of them.

Still not the same as a hold button.

Aug 13, 2020 at 10:26 AM Post #1,438 of 1,928
I like the Sony DAP because of the awesome organic sound, analog-like, which is even more improved with mods like those from my signature (which allows switching the sound signature to the one of the 1Z for example). The M11 Pro sound is too "clear" and analytical, it indeed sounds digital.

I used Poweramp and USB Audio Player Pro a lot on my phone, and also on the M11 Pro, but I don't really like the laggy Android that is used. I don't miss anything in the WM1A player app, the interface is awesome, and the Walkman OS is not laggy at all.

Also, by installing one of the mods, you can get DSEE HX AI (ported from DMP-Z1/A55), which aims to restore both low and high frequencies, as well as the sense of soundstage, where the song calls it, and it really works beautifully.

The laggy Android was one of the reasons I didn't buy the ZX507 player, and instead I went with the WM1A, and I have no regrets.

Regarding headphones, I don't have really hungry ones. The most hungrier could be the Beyerdynamic DT1770 Pro (250 Ohm), and especially if I switch to high gain, I can't go to the maximum level, as the sound gets too loud.

Yes!! I am agree with you in everything. In the moment I have the ibasso dx200 too with amp8 that is very near to that organic sound but the android performance is a pain. I'll go back to the wm1a in the near future. I try the new mods firmware and was a really big improvement

Aug 13, 2020 at 10:28 AM Post #1,439 of 1,928
Yes!! I am agree with you in everything. In the moment I have the ibasso dx200 too with amp8 that is very near to that organic sound but the android performance is a pain. I'll go back to the wm1a in the near future. I try the new mods firmware and was a really big improvement

Oh, and I forgot to mention battery life, there is a big difference, and also no heating when playing music.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2020 at 11:11 AM Post #1,440 of 1,928

This helps, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back