FiiO M11Pro | Dual AK4497 | THX AAA 78 Headpone Amp | 5.15" 18:9 720P | Exynos 7872 | 3G Ram+64G Rom |
Aug 13, 2020 at 4:34 PM Post #1,442 of 1,931
Having owned the M11 Pro for a while now, I am finding that FiiO Music is frequently choking. I will turn on the unit, load FiiO Music (FM), then choose local music and then the card. Now, I have a 512MB Sandisk card. It's an A2 V30, and it's filled with about 45,000 songs. So, perhaps it might be slow in getting to a song. But what is happening is that I will start playing one song, and then I decide to play a different one. I go to that directory, and touch on it. Frequently, it will just keep playing the earlier song, and ignore my press, and finally tell me that FM has stopped and ask if I should wait or close the program.

This is happening A LOT. To the point that I'm afraid to switch to another song, because I'll have to turn off the unit and turn it on again.

What to do?

EDIT: Sometimes I get the following helpful message also-- "FiiO Music Keeps Stopping."

I switched to the HiBy music app. Better interface, good EQ settings, and no problems so far.

Aug 14, 2020 at 10:36 PM Post #1,444 of 1,931
I tried a few recommended to me here, and like the Neutron layout. You like this better than Neutron?

Only other player app I use is Foobar 2000. I had a HiBy R6 player and liked the player and its EQ capabilities.

I just downloaded the latest firmware (wireless). No issues so far. I can't see any indication that the Tidal app is sending MQA to the M11Pro DAC.

Anyone getting full decoding on MASTERS?

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2020 at 5:06 AM Post #1,446 of 1,931
Absolutely deserves it.
I have read a lot of times in other threads that they only care about sound quality and nothing else..nonsense. There are much more expensive players whose interface, speed and performance is worse compared to FiiO M11 or M11 Pro.

M11 Pro has it all, speed, performance and damn good sound quality. It's wonderful a package overall.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2020 at 2:41 PM Post #1,447 of 1,931
Absolutely deserves it.
I have read a lot of times in other threads that they only care about sound quality and nothing else..nonsense. There are much more expensive players whose interface, speed and performance is worse compared to FiiO M11 or M11 Pro.

M11 Pro has it all, speed, performance and damn good sound quality. It's wonderful a package overall.
You are damn right , but it has only one issue , its overheating .

Aug 17, 2020 at 6:33 AM Post #1,449 of 1,931
A New Honor! FiiO M11 Pro is granted EISA "The Best Mobile Audio Player" Award.

3293741.jpg

On August 15th, EISA (Expert Imaging and Sound Association) has announced the list of EISA Awards 2020-2021. With great honor, FiiO M11 Pro has been granted the "The Best Mobile Audio Player Award 2020-2021". After 3 years, FiiO M11 Pro is once again becoming the award winner following the FiiO X5III. This is not only a great honor for FiiO the brand, but also shows an excellence of the powerful strength of FiiO.

EISA, with the full name as Expert Imaging and Sound Association, is the largest multimedia review agency in Europe, nearly 40 years old. With 61 expert magazines from 29 countries across the globe, and still growing, EISA involves the world of images, audios, mobile electronics and so on.

3288893.png

As one of the world's famous consumer electronics awards, the EISA Awards are chosen annually by 61 expert groups from the globe. From the recommended product list that year, each expert group debated and voted to select the product in each category most favored by consumers in European countries, granting them the Best Product Award of the year. Unlike many awards, there is usually only one winner in each sub-category, involving product scopes of HIFI, Home Theatre Audio, Home Theatre Video, In-Car and Mobile Electronics, and Photography, which highlights the authority and scarcity of EISA awards.

The M11 Pro, the winner of The Best Mobile Audio Player Award 2020-2021, was honorably recognized by 2 expert group of Mobile Devices and HI-FI, and finally awarded "EISA MOBILE AUDIO PLAYER 2020-2021". Panelists of the 2 expert groups include Emidio Frattaroli, chief editor of the well-known Italian online magazine "AV Magazine", Ljubiša Miodragović, chief editor of Serbian high-fidelity and home theater magazine "Hi-Files", Fotos Fotiadis, chief editor of the famous Greek audio technology magazine "SOUND VISION (HXOS)", Andrzej Kisiel, chief editor of Polish professional audio magazine "Audio", and other members.

As members of the EISA have extensive influence in the industry, the annual EISA Award selection attracts great attention. It is recognized as "the most authoritative selection of audio consumer electronics products" with fewer but more sophisticated evaluation methods. Many brands attach great importance to this award. In the HiFi field, there are very few brands that have acquired the EISA award. Winning the award twice, FiiO has received the highest recognition.

FiiO M11 Pro has been a hit since it was released. Coupled with 2 AK4497EQ DAC chips and Samsung SoC chip Exynos 7872, the sound quality of the M11 Pro has made a big leap forward when combined with the fully balanced THX amp module, the dual independent crystal oscillators and other powerful configurations. The solid sound background and copious functions make it a highly-praised player among audiophiles and media outlets. Previously, the M11 Pro has won dozens of awards at home and abroad, such as Silver Award in 2019 Japan Autumn Headphone Festival, Best Portable Player Award in 2019 Guangzhou International Audio Record Fair, zol.com 2019 Professional Selection Award, MicroComputer 2019 Editor Selection Award, sspai.com Strongly Recommendation Guide of the year 2019, Best Player Recommended of the science and technology magazine“Wired” British version, Five-star rating of WHAT HIFI, Gold Award of player category in the Japan 2020 VGP SUMMER. It is truly a star product.

3288780.jpg

Since its establishment, FiiO has always been actively developing local sales agents at home and abroad, nowadays covering a business scope of more than 60 countries/regions in Asia, Europe, America, Oceania and Africa. The M11 Pro, warmly welcomed among overseas audiophiles and sales agents, has been in short supply time after time since the year it was released. Among them, the sales volume in Europe ranked at the top when leaving out the Chinese Mainland, accounting for 39% of the total.

Winning the EISA Award once again, not only is it due to we FiiOers’ hard work, but also it is a recognition from globe audiophiles. Thank you so much for your adoration to FiiO and FiiO products.

▶The link of EISA Award announcement: Click here

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Aug 17, 2020 at 9:32 AM Post #1,450 of 1,931
A New Honor! FiiO M11 Pro is granted EISA "The Best Mobile Audio Player" Award.

3293741.jpg

On August 15th, EISA (Expert Imaging and Sound Association) has announced the list of EISA Awards 2020-2021. With great honor, FiiO M11 Pro has been granted the "The Best Mobile Audio Player Award 2020-2021". After 3 years, FiiO M11 Pro is once again becoming the award winner following the FiiO X5III. This is not only a great honor for FiiO the brand, but also shows an excellence of the powerful strength of FiiO.

EISA, with the full name as Expert Imaging and Sound Association, is the largest multimedia review agency in Europe, nearly 40 years old. With 61 expert magazines from 29 countries across the globe, and still growing, EISA involves the world of images, audios, mobile electronics and so on.

3288893.png

As one of the world's famous consumer electronics awards, the EISA Awards are chosen annually by 61 expert groups from the globe. From the recommended product list that year, each expert group debated and voted to select the product in each category most favored by consumers in European countries, granting them the Best Product Award of the year. Unlike many awards, there is usually only one winner in each sub-category, involving product scopes of HIFI, Home Theatre Audio, Home Theatre Video, In-Car and Mobile Electronics, and Photography, which highlights the authority and scarcity of EISA awards.

The M11 Pro, the winner of The Best Mobile Audio Player Award 2020-2021, was honorably recognized by 2 expert group of Mobile Devices and HI-FI, and finally awarded "EISA MOBILE AUDIO PLAYER 2020-2021". Panelists of the 2 expert groups include Emidio Frattaroli, chief editor of the well-known Italian online magazine "AV Magazine", Ljubiša Miodragović, chief editor of Serbian high-fidelity and home theater magazine "Hi-Files", Fotos Fotiadis, chief editor of the famous Greek audio technology magazine "SOUND VISION (HXOS)", Andrzej Kisiel, chief editor of Polish professional audio magazine "Audio", and other members.

As members of the EISA have extensive influence in the industry, the annual EISA Award selection attracts great attention. It is recognized as "the most authoritative selection of audio consumer electronics products" with fewer but more sophisticated evaluation methods. Many brands attach great importance to this award. In the HiFi field, there are very few brands that have acquired the EISA award. Winning the award twice, FiiO has received the highest recognition.

FiiO M11 Pro has been a hit since it was released. Coupled with 2 AK4497EQ DAC chips and Samsung SoC chip Exynos 7872, the sound quality of the M11 Pro has made a big leap forward when combined with the fully balanced THX amp module, the dual independent crystal oscillators and other powerful configurations. The solid sound background and copious functions make it a highly-praised player among audiophiles and media outlets. Previously, the M11 Pro has won dozens of awards at home and abroad, such as Silver Award in 2019 Japan Autumn Headphone Festival, Best Portable Player Award in 2019 Guangzhou International Audio Record Fair, zol.com 2019 Professional Selection Award, MicroComputer 2019 Editor Selection Award, sspai.com Strongly Recommendation Guide of the year 2019, Best Player Recommended of the science and technology magazine“Wired” British version, Five-star rating of WHAT HIFI, Gold Award of player category in the Japan 2020 VGP SUMMER. It is truly a star product.

3288780.jpg

Since its establishment, FiiO has always been actively developing local sales agents at home and abroad, nowadays covering a business scope of more than 60 countries/regions in Asia, Europe, America, Oceania and Africa. The M11 Pro, warmly welcomed among overseas audiophiles and sales agents, has been in short supply time after time since the year it was released. Among them, the sales volume in Europe ranked at the top when leaving out the Chinese Mainland, accounting for 39% of the total.

Winning the EISA Award once again, not only is it due to we FiiOers’ hard work, but also it is a recognition from globe audiophiles. Thank you so much for your adoration to FiiO and FiiO products.

▶The link of EISA Award announcement: Click here

Congrats!! Fiio

Aug 17, 2020 at 10:22 AM Post #1,453 of 1,931
Yes, dx220 is as good as a frying pan when the PEQ is enabled😁

So if you keep it in your pocket, you get an omelette? 😅

This is a characteristic of class A amplifiers.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2020 at 12:03 PM Post #1,454 of 1,931
Hi, anyone had an issue getting their M11 Pro to enter DAC mode? I have it set to that, plugged into my Macbook and it does nothing. Doesn’t show DAC mode on the device and the device doesn’t show up as an audio output on my laptop. Thoughts? Thanks.

Aug 19, 2020 at 1:00 PM Post #1,455 of 1,931
Hi, anyone had an issue getting their M11 Pro to enter DAC mode? I have it set to that, plugged into my Macbook and it does nothing. Doesn’t show DAC mode on the device and the device doesn’t show up as an audio output on my laptop. Thoughts? Thanks.
Have you installed USB DAC Driver on your computer? If not, then first you need to install the driver. Link

Users who are viewing this thread

Back