FiiO M11Pro | Dual AK4497 | THX AAA 78 Headpone Amp | 5.15" 18:9 720P | Exynos 7872 | 3G Ram+64G Rom |
Jan 23, 2020 at 8:51 AM Post #946 of 1,931
Update... Returned the first unit for screen issues.... 2nd unit seemed fine until today... Upon turning back on volume kept lowering itself until it was at 0 then I rebooted with the power and play button pressed because it wouldn't shutoff the normal way. All seems fine now... Few more weeks left to return it if I want. Hope this is a isolated incident. Starting to feel like a guinea pig for FiiO... About ready to Chuck this thing!

Jan 23, 2020 at 10:38 AM Post #949 of 1,931
If I have to return it again... I'm done with FiiO...lol

too bad anything at this price point would be considered mid fi dap. I'm thinking about the sony NZ507 to be the next best option, but I don't even think it rivals the m11pro point to point. However, I recently bought a Sony mdr 1am2 and I've started to grow to love Sony's tuning. Not too analytical, not too bass heavy, kinda warm, kinda cold. It's nothing like I've tried before haha

Jan 23, 2020 at 11:02 AM Post #951 of 1,931
Update... Returned the first unit for screen issues.... 2nd unit seemed fine until today... Upon turning back on volume kept lowering itself until it was at 0 then I rebooted with the power and play button pressed because it wouldn't shutoff the normal way. All seems fine now... Few more weeks left to return it if I want. Hope this is a isolated incident. Starting to feel like a guinea pig for FiiO... About ready to Chuck this thing!
The Fiio Music equalizer was turned on when there was a problem with lowering the volume?

Jan 23, 2020 at 3:24 PM Post #952 of 1,931
"All of a sudden My M11Pro is absolutely freaking out and unusable before I reboot like 4 or 5 times. The screen goes crazy... It rapidly switches between apps... the touch screen becomes useless... the last time it took 17 screen shots in a row... among other crazy things"

This was part of an email sent to FiiO that details the problem ( first unit ). I'm now on the second and I fear the problems are about to start again... Factory resets were tried ... Wiping all data was tried.... I'm not holding on to a 650 dollar unit that is completely unstable... If this problem persists... It's going back asap... It has the next few days to act perfectly normal or I'm done with it.... Absolute shame of it is... Is that I love it... It sounds fantastic!

Jan 27, 2020 at 9:57 PM Post #954 of 1,931
Yes, even with my FH7 I'am able to pick up hiss from all of my devices, this includes mojo, idsd black, m11, m11 pro. Th m11 pro beats them with the amount of hiss as I can only hear the hiss in the early morning when my hearing is most sensitive. The only gear where I'm not able to pickup hiss is the TA-ZH1ES but that is a huge a** desktop unit with some proprietery feed forward noise cancelling woodoo stuff.
Hi krumplib430
in NW-ZX500 thread you mentioned that you didn't like the sound of Sony Z7M2 from any source (post #1773). Because I want to buy FiiO M11 Pro which one of the following would you think as best match FiiO FH7, Sony Z7M2, or BeyerDynamic T5 p2.
Thanks in advance.

Jan 28, 2020 at 3:20 AM Post #955 of 1,931
Hi krumplib430
in NW-ZX500 thread you mentioned that you didn't like the sound of Sony Z7M2 from any source (post #1773). Because I want to buy FiiO M11 Pro which one of the following would you think as best match FiiO FH7, Sony Z7M2, or BeyerDynamic T5 p2.
Thanks in advance.
I never heard BeyerDynamic, but I can comment on the other 2.
The FH7 is my current favorite paired with the ZX507, from the M11 pro it sounds a bit bright, but very open and super detailed. Bass is also very good, but not bass head levels. If you are sensitive to brightness, using the bass filter can help a little bit.
The Z7M2 sounds very different from any other headphone I got. Maybe I've just got used to other "normal" tuning thats why it sounds strange to me. It feels like it has bump in the midrange somewhere which is accountable for this tonality.
This video will sound different from the real thing, but you can listen to the tonality relative to Z7 and Z1R:

Jan 28, 2020 at 1:23 PM Post #956 of 1,931
I never heard BeyerDynamic, but I can comment on the other 2.
The FH7 is my current favorite paired with the ZX507, from the M11 pro it sounds a bit bright, but very open and super detailed. Bass is also very good, but not bass head levels. If you are sensitive to brightness, using the bass filter can help a little bit.
The Z7M2 sounds very different from any other headphone I got. Maybe I've just got used to other "normal" tuning thats why it sounds strange to me. It feels like it has bump in the midrange somewhere which is accountable for this tonality.
This video will sound different from the real thing, but you can listen to the tonality relative to Z7 and Z1R:

Thanks for your help krumpli430

Jan 29, 2020 at 7:12 PM Post #958 of 1,931
Can I stream from Deezer with the M15? I mean, via the Deezer app?

As long as you can download it from an app store on the M15, it ought to work just fine. Just like Spotify and Tidal seem to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back