FiiO M11Pro | Dual AK4497 | THX AAA 78 Headpone Amp | 5.15" 18:9 720P | Exynos 7872 | 3G Ram+64G Rom |
Jan 29, 2020 at 8:56 PM Post #961 of 1,931
Hey guys. I just bought this unit to be my desktop DAC (mostly)... and in seldom occasions to be my DAP.

When it's connected as a DAC to my Mac Pro and then to my AAA789 In my headphones it constantly doing CLICKS just like relays are switching when any sound is coming from my mac and another click when there is no sound for a short period of time... then silent. Never had this issue before with my Fostex A4BL DAC/AMP

Connected to the USB with the cable from the package and connected to my amp via Audioqest Evergreen from 3.5mm/LO port.
Does anyone have the same or similar problems?

Jan 30, 2020 at 2:25 AM Post #962 of 1,931
And/or use something like UAPP for Tidal?

UAPP needs Google Play Services.. It will not work on any device that has no Google Play Store.

Jan 30, 2020 at 6:58 AM Post #964 of 1,931
Whay I did with my DX220 was downloading and installing Google Play from APKPure and then install it from Google Play. All services worked.

On the M11 Pro (or at least on mine) Google Play does install indeed, but then does not allow me to sign in at all. When going to Updates in the upper right corner menu, it also comes up with an error message. Adding Google Play Services by means of the non-Google Play Services too does not help. Google Play store remains inaccessible.

Furthermore, Soundcloud did work fine prior to this, only complaining about Play Services not available, but otherwise fine. Actually installing Google Play Services makes Soundcloud freeze, with no other option than to deinstall Google Play Services ...

It is indeed as FiiO says. due to Android 7 being taken out of support, there seems to be no way to install a working set og Google Play Services / Play store on the M11 Pro

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2020 at 7:30 AM Post #965 of 1,931
Upgraded my wireless charge receiver today to 5v/2A.... And yes.. It works and charges my FiiO M11 PRO almost as fast as a wired Quick Charger. Got it on AliExpress for 7,61 Euros including shipping ... Charger pad on last picture is the Choetech Quick Qi Charger Pad from Amazon

20200130_122653.jpg
20200130_122720.jpg
20200130_132835.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2020 at 1:21 PM Post #967 of 1,931
Which brand is your case ?

It's the official FiiO M11 case. It actually fits the M11 PRO... I did not want to wait for FiiO to release an M11 PRO case (which they are supposedly readying for release)

Jan 30, 2020 at 7:49 PM Post #968 of 1,931
It's the official FiiO M11 case. It actually fits the M11 PRO... I did not want to wait for FiiO to release an M11 PRO case (which they are supposedly readying for release)

That's what I use on mine...works just fine.

Feb 5, 2020 at 2:10 AM Post #973 of 1,931
Hey guys. I just bought this unit to be my desktop DAC (mostly)... and in seldom occasions to be my DAP.

When it's connected as a DAC to my Mac Pro and then to my AAA789 In my headphones it constantly doing CLICKS just like relays are switching when any sound is coming from my mac and another click when there is no sound for a short period of time... then silent. Never had this issue before with my Fostex A4BL DAC/AMP

Connected to the USB with the cable from the package and connected to my amp via Audioqest Evergreen from 3.5mm/LO port.
Does anyone have the same or similar problems?
Dear user,

The AAA789 you mentioned is an amplifer or DAC?
Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Feb 10, 2020 at 6:19 PM Post #975 of 1,931
So i just made the leap, from phone to dap. M11 Pro. Its a big step . Improvement in sound , power , no hiss with FA7 pitch black -silent. My setup now is , M11 Pro+FA7:scream::thumbsup: with stock cable.Now , next step is to try that 4.4 cable .
For sure, get yourself a 4.4 balanced cable. I don't have the M11 PRO or the FA7, but I have several sets of iems and a Fiio Q1MK2 dac/amp, which has a balanced out. Balanced is so much better than 3.5. I have a balanced cable on every iem I own and the difference in power and resolution is significant. Trust me...it's worth the extra cost. Good balanced cables can be obtained nowadays for about $25. There's no reason why you can't make the most of the balanced output of your Pro, with your iems by splurging a few extra $$ for a balanced cable. I think you will appreciate your new dap much more, as well as your iems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back