FiiO M11Pro | Dual AK4497 | THX AAA 78 Headpone Amp | 5.15" 18:9 720P | Exynos 7872 | 3G Ram+64G Rom |
Sep 22, 2019 at 5:32 AM Post #62 of 1,931
Only if it has the option to switch between nutube and THX. You don’t want a nutube as your only option. And nutube isn’t balanced.
Sure, there are some trade-offs involved, but I would still love it. I think Cayin solved that quite well and it would be very cool to have the option at a lower price point. At the end of the day it is just speculation anyway and I saw some very interesting rumours about the M15/M15 Pro floating around, such as dual AK4499, which I would not mind either. :D

Sep 22, 2019 at 7:50 AM Post #63 of 1,931
Sure, there are some trade-offs involved, but I would still love it. I think Cayin solved that quite well and it would be very cool to have the option at a lower price point. At the end of the day it is just speculation anyway and I saw some very interesting rumours about the M15/M15 Pro floating around, such as dual AK4499, which I would not mind either. :D
Those aren’t rumors, they’re facts. Confirmed by FiiO. :)

Sep 23, 2019 at 12:57 AM Post #68 of 1,931
Not heard either to comment but I know a man that has both @gazzington
The fiio with oriolus sounds fantastic but does it sound better than the n8? Nope. To my ears the n8 sounds richer with more layers. Saying that the n8 sounds great with balanced and no tubes too

Sep 23, 2019 at 2:33 AM Post #70 of 1,931
You should probably take his videos with a grain of salt. He is pretty biased toward favoring Fiio, basically Fiio always wins when compared to nearly every other dap in his videos.
I think we should not buy any device based on reviews. If you have a chance to demo them, that would the perfect way.
When you don't have a chance to demo them, you should take reviews as reference and not go blindly with them.

Sep 23, 2019 at 2:48 AM Post #71 of 1,931
I think we should not buy any device based on reviews. If you have a chance to demo them, that would the perfect way.
When you don't have a chance to demo them, you should take reviews as reference and not go blindly with them.
Agreed. Also I don’t think BGGA is biased towards FiiO, he just correctly points out that FiiO DAPs like the M11 will get you 90% there compared to the big guns for 50% or less of the price. At least for now, until the others catch up (which they’re trying to do with the R5 (HiBy) and DX160 (iBasso) but aren’t quite there yet). The M11 Pro, at $700, should be even closer in terms of SQ, but just makes too many compromises over the M11 design in my opinion so the value prop won’t be the same.

Sep 23, 2019 at 6:13 AM Post #72 of 1,931
Agreed. Also I don’t think BGGA is biased towards FiiO, he just correctly points out that FiiO DAPs like the M11 will get you 90% there compared to the big guns for 50% or less of the price. At least for now, until the others catch up (which they’re trying to do with the R5 (HiBy) and DX160 (iBasso) but aren’t quite there yet). The M11 Pro, at $700, should be even closer in terms of SQ, but just makes too many compromises over the M11 design in my opinion so the value prop won’t be the same.
Agreed, I have been following his reviews for a long time now. I got X5 3, Kanas Pro after watching his reviews because I know exactly what his sound preferences are.

Sep 23, 2019 at 6:20 AM Post #73 of 1,931

Fiio Daps are good as a whole package imho but they do not sound as good as other offerings in their price range.

Sep 23, 2019 at 6:25 AM Post #74 of 1,931
Fiio Daps are good as a whole package imho but they do not sound as good as other offerings in their price range.
I don't agree with that. M11 is the best value DAP in the market right now and it sounds very good for it's price. Definitely not inferior to any DAP in it's price range when it comes to sound quality.
You say you prefer other DAPs, that's a whole different story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back