FiiO M11Pro | Dual AK4497 | THX AAA 78 Headpone Amp | 5.15" 18:9 720P | Exynos 7872 | 3G Ram+64G Rom |
Sep 17, 2020 at 8:33 PM Post #1,501 of 1,931
Also note the USB C output bit perfect with UAPP. If you have a iLCD- 3 planar IEM and plug into the USB-C with a Anker lightning to USB C dongle, the sound is best I ever heard.. It has plenty of power from the USB -C. I cant resist tapping on to that power.

Sep 18, 2020 at 6:49 PM Post #1,504 of 1,931
@FiiO - OTG digital out has issues switching back to headphone jack when disconnected. There is no sound at all if I unplug digital out and switch back to headphone jack. Happens all the time consistently. Need to do a hard reboot. Pls include in your next firmware upgrade fix. - Thanks!

Sep 18, 2020 at 7:20 PM Post #1,505 of 1,931
@FiiO - OTG digital out has issues switching back to headphone jack when disconnected. There is no sound at all if I unplug digital out and switch back to headphone jack. Happens all the time consistently. Need to do a hard reboot. Pls include in your next firmware upgrade fix. - Thanks!
Have you tried a soft reset by going into and out of USB DAC mode - to clear out Android state - and then re-enter Android mode clean again?

Harnessing the normally annoying side effect of resetting Android by going into USB DAC mode for a useful purpose. Maybe a full power off restart isn't necessary.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2020 at 12:13 PM Post #1,507 of 1,931
Hi,

I'm new to the hifi world but I recently bought a fiio M11 pro that i use with focal Elear (impedance of 80 ohms) and a 2.5 balanced cable.

In order to preserve my hearing, I was wondering about my listening level. I usually listen between 45 and 50/120, 55 and 60 with some classical music all in low gain mode. Do you think that's ok ?

Thanks.

Sep 19, 2020 at 5:02 PM Post #1,508 of 1,931
I’ve been using my M11 Pro in line out mode and running into a preamp and power amp, through my home stereo, and there’s a repeating, intermittent clicking sound when the unit is sitting and not playing any music.

Anyone else experiencing this?

It doesn’t do this when I’m using headphones...

Sep 20, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #1,509 of 1,931
Hi,

I'm new to the hifi world but I recently bought a fiio M11 pro that i use with focal Elear (impedance of 80 ohms) and a 2.5 balanced cable.

In order to preserve my hearing, I was wondering about my listening level. I usually listen between 45 and 50/120, 55 and 60 with some classical music all in low gain mode. Do you think that's ok ?

Thanks.
Hello,
I am also using the M11 Pro with the Focal Elear. I am usually around 60, but with high gain.

Sep 20, 2020 at 1:09 PM Post #1,510 of 1,931
I’ve been using my M11 Pro in line out mode and running into a preamp and power amp, through my home stereo, and there’s a repeating, intermittent clicking sound when the unit is sitting and not playing any music.

Anyone else experiencing this?

It doesn’t do this when I’m using headphones...
Hi, a whole bunch of discussion about the clicking in recent posts to this thread (last couple weeks). This is apparently a design flaw. I haven’t heard it myself.

Sep 20, 2020 at 3:33 PM Post #1,511 of 1,931
Hello,
I am also using the M11 Pro with the Focal Elear. I am usually around 60, but with high gain.

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to answer me, it really reassures me. It didn't seem too loud for me either but I wanted to be sure, once the hearing is damaged it's forever and I don't want to have those kind of problems.

In any case, I really appreciate this association. The sound is great.

Sep 21, 2020 at 2:09 AM Post #1,512 of 1,931
Anyone finding the Neutron music app to sound much better than the stock Fiio music app? To me it just sounds bit less treble forward, more natural/organic, more generous bass and wider soundstage - improvements across the board. It makes the M11 Pro sound neutral-smooth, as opposed to a bit forward sounding - still retains the clean sound signature.

Sep 21, 2020 at 9:12 AM Post #1,513 of 1,931
I haven't done this comparison (yet), as I can't live without equalizing my headphones, and since the Neutron player is much (!) better equipped in this respect a comparison is impossible. From memory (and taking the different EQ implementations into account) I have the impression both apps sound about the same, benefitting from the M11 Pro's general smoothness and refinement.

Well, now I recall that I once tested the «Pure Music» mode with FiiO Music against the Neutron player and came to exactly this conclusion.

Interestingly I have detected three or four songs within my collection that have a ~100-millisecond gap (two in one case) with the Neutron player, while FiiO Music and foobar2000 (the latter on a Windows computer) show no gap at all and WaveLab confirmed optically that there's indeed none. I even tried reloading the songs and converting them from Wave to Flac and vice-versa, without success.

Sep 21, 2020 at 7:10 PM Post #1,515 of 1,931
Have you tried a soft reset by going into and out of USB DAC mode - to clear out Android state - and then re-enter Android mode clean again?

Harnessing the normally annoying side effect of resetting Android by going into USB DAC mode for a useful purpose. Maybe a full power off restart isn't necessary.

Do u mean switch the USB dac to storage and back again? try that it didnt work.

Once I unlplug the OTG digital out. I am using LCD i3. there is no sound after that. not even the fiio apps. I have to restart the get the sound back to headphone out. Any help appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back