FiiO M11Pro | Dual AK4497 | THX AAA 78 Headpone Amp | 5.15" 18:9 720P | Exynos 7872 | 3G Ram+64G Rom |
Sep 9, 2020 at 11:55 AM Post #1,486 of 1,931
Hi everyone - newbie to audiophile here... I'm thinking of getting a planar over-ears headphone (LCD2, Sundara, etc) and have a Tin P1 on order. Will the balanced (and single end) output be adequate to drive these should I want to do some mobile or "around-the-house" listening? Thanks.
I am running HD6XX on balanced, M11Pro powers them good but I run out of volume on quite recordings. If you use EQ, you definitely need a portable AMP to enjoy that clean sound more.
LCD2 is ok but Sundara needs more power.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2020 at 7:51 PM Post #1,487 of 1,931
This is for Apple user only. For Andriod - no need to read

I can finally connect iphone airplay to M11pro without my home wifi router. This quality is about the best since the stream uncompressed lossless quality vs LDAC (still lossy at 990kbps).

Here are the steps

1) Share iphone wifi (your carrier plan must support wifi sharing)
2) Connect M11pro wifi to your iphone
3) slide down the top of m11pro and click airplay.
4) M11pro screen will show airplay and everything freeze (except vol rocker)
5) On your iphone search airplay device and you will see m11 pro.
6) Fire up your apple (lossless ALAC) or Amazon HD (lossless flac) = Boom - you get the same quality as if playing lossless from your m11pro.

The connection is much stable than Bluetooth as I get noise using Bluetooth even LDAC. FINALLY - lossless streams from iphone to M11pro.
The disadvantage is you cannot forward or skip on your m11pro, but the volume rocker still works. The volume in Iphone is fixed.
Main adavantage - the connection never breaks and never skip (since airplay has a 2 sec delay buffer). I dont need a wifi at home since i travel alot. The connection range is awesome. I can go all the way to the edge of my wifi coverage and still get lossless.

My reason for doing this.
1) I have too much invested in apple eco system and its a pain to get the ALAC out.
2) Good for carplay as I can control on my iphone on the windscreen instead of looking up and down and during night drive the m11pro is super birght.
3) I can stream Ipad lossless to M11 pro in hotels without a wifi router. No need to stuck wired with a separate dac and amp.

Basically - I prefer airplay streaming compared to LDAC, since it stream uncompressed CD quality. The airplay 2 connection with latest IOS is much more stable than airplay many years ago.

Sep 11, 2020 at 11:22 PM Post #1,488 of 1,931
This is for Apple user only. For Andriod - no need to read

I can finally connect iphone airplay to M11pro without my home wifi router. This quality is about the best since the stream uncompressed lossless quality vs LDAC (still lossy at 990kbps).

Here are the steps

1) Share iphone wifi (your carrier plan must support wifi sharing)
2) Connect M11pro wifi to your iphone
3) slide down the top of m11pro and click airplay.
4) M11pro screen will show airplay and everything freeze (except vol rocker)
5) On your iphone search airplay device and you will see m11 pro.
6) Fire up your apple (lossless ALAC) or Amazon HD (lossless flac) = Boom - you get the same quality as if playing lossless from your m11pro.

The connection is much stable than Bluetooth as I get noise using Bluetooth even LDAC. FINALLY - lossless streams from iphone to M11pro.
The disadvantage is you cannot forward or skip on your m11pro, but the volume rocker still works. The volume in Iphone is fixed.
Main adavantage - the connection never breaks and never skip (since airplay has a 2 sec delay buffer). I dont need a wifi at home since i travel alot. The connection range is awesome. I can go all the way to the edge of my wifi coverage and still get lossless.

My reason for doing this.
1) I have too much invested in apple eco system and its a pain to get the ALAC out.
2) Good for carplay as I can control on my iphone on the windscreen instead of looking up and down and during night drive the m11pro is super birght.
3) I can stream Ipad lossless to M11 pro in hotels without a wifi router. No need to stuck wired with a separate dac and amp.

Basically - I prefer airplay streaming compared to LDAC, since it stream uncompressed CD quality. The airplay 2 connection with latest IOS is much more stable than airplay many years ago.
Thanks for reminding me that we have Airplay with the M11 Pro.... sounds great ... plus its also an easy way for you to share with someone else's iphone/ipad songs...

Also cool that you get all of the ios apps audio thru the M11 pro... like movies and the other apps too....

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2020 at 7:06 PM Post #1,490 of 1,931
Just got back my player from repair and updated to 1.0.3. Did fiio removed the green/blue dot for MQA files?

Sep 17, 2020 at 8:25 PM Post #1,499 of 1,931
Noob question. Could one use both 3.5mm and 2.5mm/4.4mm ports simultaneously with an unbalanced IEM and a balanced IEM respectively?

No only 1 at a time. if u plug both in, Balance 4.4/2.5mm has the priority, Unbalance 3.5mm has no sound. Pull out the balance, 3.5mm has sound.

Try to use balance. The unbalance sound worst than my Ipod Touch 5G. The 3.5mm is mellow sounding. Balance has the power and dynamic and slam

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2020 at 8:27 PM Post #1,500 of 1,931

Users who are viewing this thread

Back