Fiio M11 Pro $600 is coming - Will you Purchase it ?
Nov 18, 2019 at 10:22 AM Post #676 of 839
I can, but the shops are usually too noisy to hear hiss. I've sold daps/sources after liking them in the shop and then hearing hiss in my usual, quiet listening environment. (M11, oppo HA2). I'm genuinely allergic to it.

All sorts. But I appreciate warmer signatures, 3D soundstage and bass needs to be well present but tight.
I usually go by 12 when nobody is at the shop. Some shops has a small room to demo.

Nov 18, 2019 at 10:25 AM Post #677 of 839
I usually go by 12 when nobody is at the shop. Some shops has a small room to demo.

Yeah... there's one store here like that I've recently discovered. I want to go listen to m11 pro and dx220 side by side next weekend.

Nov 18, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #678 of 839
Yeah... there's one store here like that I've recently discovered. I want to go listen to m11 pro and dx220 side by side next weekend.
I had the dx200 and 220 but sold both quickly.

Nov 18, 2019 at 12:39 PM Post #680 of 839
Nov 18, 2019 at 1:04 PM Post #681 of 839
Did anyone had dead pixels on the screen? I have some...
Another thing, will it actually stop getting pretty hot?
I'm going to buy the case made for the M11, just hope the fit is ok and not so tight that I have to disable the buttons as someone mentioned on this thread or in the official one...

Nov 18, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #682 of 839
Did anyone had dead pixels on the screen? I have some...
Another thing, will it actually stop getting pretty hot?
I'm going to buy the case made for the M11, just hope the fit is ok and not so tight that I have to disable the buttons as someone mentioned on this thread or in the official one...

I haven't seen any dead pixels. My device gets a little warmer when listening to Tidal than off the SD card. It's never been alarmingly warm.

Nov 18, 2019 at 5:33 PM Post #683 of 839
I don’t have M11, but M11 Pro does have some hiss with Zeus. It’s not objectionable to me, though, and in fact I love the pairing.

It isn’t as quiet as my DX220 or N6ii, though, for instance. But the difference isn’t vast.

I am interested to hear others’ experience with M11 vs M11 Pro.
Of the three you tried (Cayin N6ii, Ibasso DX220, M11 Pro), which one did you like most in sound quality? and if possible in what order would you put them?

Nov 18, 2019 at 10:15 PM Post #685 of 839
Did you sell the DX220? why? Didn't you like the sound? or was it a software problem, wifi, bluetooth, etc?
Sound was good but not great especially comparing to other daps , battery , heat.

Nov 19, 2019 at 4:48 AM Post #686 of 839
Hi guys,

I am interested by the M11 Pro but hesitating with Hiby R6 pro.
Currently I have a Fiio Q5S using a smartphone as source in bluetooth, however needing both for listening music is difficult for me.

So I would like to use only on DAP to listening music.
Is someone is able to tell me what will be the difference in term of sound between the Q5S and the M11 pro?
> Looks like M11 pro will sound brighter?

On the other side Hiby R6 sounds warmer from what I have read.
I like neutral sound toward warm and Q5S is perfect on this point : what will be the result with the M11 pro?

M11 pro is very interesting for me as it will be able to receive bluetooth audio signal from my smartphone if needed (important as jack port is disappearing from smartphones today).
R6 pro on its side will not be able to receive audio content via bluetooth.

I am kind of puzzle on fact I do not know if the M11 pro will sound to brighter and cold.
> Currently I am using Oriolus M2 iem which sound neutral toward warm.

Nov 19, 2019 at 4:52 AM Post #687 of 839
I'm not sure where you heard this but the R6 Pro can receive both AAC (iPhone) and LDAC (Android) Bluetooth (the M11/Pro can't receive AAC). I owned the M11, switched to the R6 Pro. The sound is warmer/fuller/punchier than the M11. Haven't heard the Pro, but from what I've read it's also punchier than the M11. You can't go wrong with either, but the R6 Pro is more powerful, has full Play Store support, and has Android SBC bypass for all third party apps.

Nov 19, 2019 at 5:15 AM Post #688 of 839
Sounds interesting!
I have read on R6 pro topic that audio streaming through bluetooth was not possible even if it as bi-directional bluetooth,whereas Fiio DAP can. (Only Hiby link which allows user to control the DAP has been set on)
> Are you able to test it on an Android smartphone ?

So could you confirm that if I using youtube by example on my smartphone, I will be able to listen its content on the R6 pro by bluetooth pairing between the DAP and the smartphone?
> So using the smartphone as source and R6pro as bluetooth audio receiver.

As you had the M11 in the past, is the sound is lot of colder than your R6 pro?
Regarding the sound stage which one is the larger?

Nov 19, 2019 at 5:22 AM Post #689 of 839
Sounds interesting!
I have read on R6 pro topic that audio streaming through bluetooth was not possible even if it as bi-directional bluetooth,whereas Fiio DAP can. (Only Hiby link which allows user to control the DAP has been set on)
> Are you able to test it on an Android smartphone ?

So could you confirm that if I using youtube by example on my smartphone, I will be able to listen its content on the R6 pro by bluetooth pairing between the DAP and the smartphone?
> So using the smartphone as source and R6pro as bluetooth audio receiver.

As you had the M11 in the past, is the sound is lot of colder than your R6 pro?
Regarding the sound stage which one is the larger?
But , he only listens to Nora Jones and Celine Dion.

Nov 19, 2019 at 8:16 AM Post #690 of 839
Hi guys,

I am kind of puzzle on fact I do not know if the M11 pro will sound to brighter and cold.
> Currently I am using Oriolus M2 iem which sound neutral toward warm.
M11 Pro is neither bright nor cold.

FWIW, R6 Pro can receive bluetooth.

I never had my R6 Pro and M11 Pro side by side, so I can't comment on how they compare... but if you like neutral-to-warm, both are good choices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back