Fiio M11 Pro $600 is coming - Will you Purchase it ?
Sep 28, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #229 of 839
Can anybody who’s heard the M11 Pro compare it to the sound of the M11? I want it to be a noticeable upgrade before I pull the trigger. Or, is it too early for anyone to know yet?

Noticeable upgrade for sure, using Neutron on both wirh exact same settings / PEQ upsampled to 384khz. I can't comment regarding fiio music, I didn't even try it before disabling it.

Sep 28, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #230 of 839
Noticeable upgrade for sure, using Neutron on both wirh exact same settings / PEQ upsampled to 384khz. I can't comment regarding fiio music, I didn't even try it before disabling it.
Here’s a test for you, since you have both. If you EQ the M11 but leave the M11 Pro on default, which one wins?

Sep 28, 2019 at 5:15 PM Post #231 of 839
One more question, please: this dap works in otg connected to a dac?

Sep 28, 2019 at 5:42 PM Post #233 of 839
Erm the M11 would win as any source without eq sounds harsh to me. That's why I love daps with PEQ.
Ok, so here’s another question. Do you think you can make the M11 sound close to or as good as the Pro by tweaking EQ to compensate in the M11 what the Pro is doing “better”? And if not quite as good, how close?

Sep 29, 2019 at 5:19 PM Post #235 of 839
Ok, so here’s another question. Do you think you can make the M11 sound close to or as good as the Pro by tweaking EQ to compensate in the M11 what the Pro is doing “better”? And if not quite as good, how close?

Both sound great / different, I prefer the thicker sound and more detail of the Pro, not had much time with them though this weekend as i've been tiling the kitchen.

Sep 29, 2019 at 11:01 PM Post #236 of 839
When I first started looking for a DAP, I wanted an Android based DAP that can do everything well. Something that can stream Hi-res music via Tidal/Qobuz, full MQA rendering, bypass Android SRC, Google playstore etc. etc. Since then I've realized relying on Wi-fi streaming and android based platforms bring multitude of issues, which detract the users from enjoying the music. For example, weak wi-fi strengths, battery drain issues, software glitches, APP issues (TIDAL/QOBUZ) etc. etc. It was just frustrating. Since then I've focused on amassing offline music library so I can move away from streaming music. Now I use TIDAL to pick out the albums I like, then purchase a HI-RES FLAC (24/192) or DSD files for offline listening, with no drama. I'm just waiting for the next generation of TOTL DAP to hit the market for purely offline use.

Offline music library. My avocation also. I decided on such several years back and have amassed a diverse lossless collection, an archive of sorts. Meticulously redundant. Something about having it as your own, curating the music, tailoring id tags/album art. The whole streaming thing presents alien to me, the necessity of being online for access, although it probably simplifies. Each to his own but I appreciate what seems like an “old school” mentality to having a record collection even if, reductively speaking, it amounts to little more than a fragile, vastly compressed array of electromagnetic ones & zeroes. Cheers

Sep 29, 2019 at 11:35 PM Post #237 of 839
Offline music library. My avocation also. I decided on such several years back and have amassed a diverse lossless collection, an archive of sorts. Meticulously redundant. Something about having it as your own, curating the music, tailoring id tags/album art. The whole streaming thing presents alien to me, the necessity of being online for access, although it probably simplifies. Each to his own but I appreciate what seems like an “old school” mentality to having a record collection even if, reductively speaking, it amounts to little more than a fragile, vastly compressed array of electromagnetic ones & zeroes. Cheers

I agree with you 100%. I know streaming would be easier, but for some reason I just really enjoy curating my own lossless music collection and don’t think I could ever get used to not “owning” my music.

Sep 29, 2019 at 11:57 PM Post #238 of 839

I still stand by my earlier post, but I do see merits of streaming services, where one can quickly browse through countless albums and try new genres and lossless music with ease. And it's significantly cheaper than buying hires albums online and not having to worry about the quality of mastering of your purchases is another plus. In the end though, android platform and streaming has too many potential fail points for me. And like you said, I like the feeling of owning my music. But i can play the devil's advocate on either part if I had to.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2019 at 12:10 AM Post #239 of 839
Thing about streaming services, you don't have to be online. Monthly fee gives you access to an extensive library that you can stream as well as store on your device and listen to offline as you please. Only need to show up online for a split second maybe once a week to verify your account.

Sep 30, 2019 at 11:58 PM Post #240 of 839
No reviews yet on m11 pro? Or its not out yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back