[FiiO M11 Plus LTD/M11 Plus] THXAAA-78,Android 10, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output/4.4 LO output, Dual AK4497/ES9068AS DAC chips, 4GB RAM,64G Flash
Mar 31, 2023 at 4:20 AM Post #2,731 of 2,984
Still hasn't fixed the issue I and others have reported of the app cutting off the first note of some songs.
Moreover, I think this problem applies not only to the Fiio music app, but also to the system in general, I noticed this on streaming. Anyone else?

Apr 4, 2023 at 10:43 PM Post #2,733 of 2,984
I’m having a problem with Tidal MQA files on the M11 Plus. For the first 5-10 minutes of playing an MQA track I get stuttering audio. This happens with both streaming and downloaded files.

After the 5-10 minutes, the stuttering clears up. UAPP has the same problem, so it’s not the Tidal app.

Neither Tidal nor Fiio support were much – any, actually – help. Their response was “cannot reproduce”.

I’ve tried: app reinstall, factory reset and reverting to older firmware without any success.

Any suggestions? Anyone else have the same problem?

Apr 6, 2023 at 5:19 AM Post #2,734 of 2,984
I’m having a problem with Tidal MQA files on the M11 Plus. For the first 5-10 minutes of playing an MQA track I get stuttering audio. This happens with both streaming and downloaded files.

After the 5-10 minutes, the stuttering clears up. UAPP has the same problem, so it’s not the Tidal app.

Neither Tidal nor Fiio support were much – any, actually – help. Their response was “cannot reproduce”.

I’ve tried: app reinstall, factory reset and reverting to older firmware without any success.

Any suggestions? Anyone else have the same problem?
Dear friend,

Yes, sorry we did not reproduce the same issue in the M11 Plus. You may try the Tidal app in other version to check again? I tried 2.48.0 version with loudness normalization off in Tidal app.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 6, 2023 at 8:09 AM Post #2,735 of 2,984
I did try a number of different versions of the Tidal app, including the old version on the Fiio app store. and all had the same problem. Besides UAPP does exactly the same thing, so it isn't app specific.

Apr 12, 2023 at 11:30 AM Post #2,737 of 2,984
Hey all, I have a question about EQ on the FiiO M11 Plus ESS, I can use EQ fine on the music player mode, but when I try to EQ songs playing on Tidal, I can’t find any EQ option.

Maybe there’s something I’m not doing.

How can you EQ songs playing from Tidal on this DAP?

I’m so stuck and can’t find answers anywhere.

Thank you in advance.

Apr 12, 2023 at 12:48 PM Post #2,739 of 2,984
Hey all, I have a question about EQ on the FiiO M11 Plus ESS, I can use EQ fine on the music player mode, but when I try to EQ songs playing on Tidal, I can’t find any EQ option.

Maybe there’s something I’m not doing.

How can you EQ songs playing from Tidal on this DAP?

I’m so stuck and can’t find answers anywhere.

Thank you in advance.

Both Wavelet and Poweramp Equalizer work with Tidal on the M11 Plus ESS. Just note that full MQA rendering cannot be performed when EQ is being used.

Apr 12, 2023 at 3:43 PM Post #2,740 of 2,984
received the M11 plus ESS today, i previously owned the M11 a few years ago but sold it when apple decided to move over to lossless and the M11 could not install apple music. I ended up just buying an apple dongle and playing music off my iphone. M11 plus now updated to Android 10 and apple music works flawlessly. I love listening on high gain mode

Apr 12, 2023 at 3:44 PM Post #2,741 of 2,984
received the M11 plus ESS today, i previously owned the M11 a few years ago but sold it when apple decided to move over to lossless and the M11 could not install apple music. I ended up just buying an apple dongle and playing music off my iphone. M11 plus now updated to Android 10 and apple music works flawlessly. I love listening on high gain mode
Welcome to the club.

Apr 12, 2023 at 8:05 PM Post #2,743 of 2,984
I don’t have options for Tidal or other High definition streaming apps(Not available in Japan) so I am forced to use Apple Music and it works very well.

Apr 13, 2023 at 3:47 PM Post #2,744 of 2,984
I don’t have options for Tidal or other High definition streaming apps(Not available in Japan) so I am forced to use Apple Music and it works very well.
Off topic
I got interested in your statement.
It's true that you can't buy a Tidal subscription in Japan - it's very strange.
But in general, Tidal service/streaming is not blocked if you already have or bought such an account outside of Japan, or e.g. you came to Japan with an already working Tidal.

I once read that in Japan there are streaming services even in better quality than Tidal, for which you need a very fast internet.
Do you know anything about you used them on your FIIO M11?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back