[FiiO M11 Plus LTD/M11 Plus] THXAAA-78,Android 10, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output/4.4 LO output, Dual AK4497/ES9068AS DAC chips, 4GB RAM,64G Flash
Oct 13, 2021 at 8:51 PM Post #1,201 of 2,984
Tidal unfolds completely fine on my Hiby so we know it's not Tidal. Look at top 352.8K and this is a 16/44.1 song. On the 24/48 songs they unfold to 385K.

I'm sorry for the confusion but we are talking about the M11 Plus and Tidal specifically. Yes, the Tidal app works correctly on my Hiby and Shanling DAPs as well with full unfolds.

Oct 13, 2021 at 9:13 PM Post #1,202 of 2,984
I believe this issue is specific to the Tidal app, not the M11+ in general.

I'm sorry for the confusion but we are talking about the M11 Plus and Tidal specifically. Yes, the Tidal app works correctly on my Hiby and Shanling DAPs as well with full unfolds.

Yes and based on my experience with the Hiby and Tidal working perfectly we know it's NOT Tidal as you stated above. You stated you believed the issue is specific to Tidal and NOT the M11 Plus. If that were the case then Tidal would not be able to unfold on any device.

It's the M11 plus ltd that needs an update. Not Tidal. No confusion here I understand exactly what I'm talking about.

Oct 13, 2021 at 10:00 PM Post #1,203 of 2,984
Yes and based on my experience with the Hiby and Tidal working perfectly we know it's NOT Tidal as you stated above. You stated you believed the issue is specific to Tidal and NOT the M11 Plus. If that were the case then Tidal would not be able to unfold on any device.

It's the M11 plus ltd that needs an update. Not Tidal. No confusion here I understand exactly what I'm talking about.
Works on all my Hiby and Ibasso devices as well.

Oct 14, 2021 at 12:09 AM Post #1,204 of 2,984
Tidal unfolds completely fine on my Hiby so we know it's not Tidal. Look at top 352.8K and this is a 16/44.1 song. On the 24/48 songs they unfold to 385K.

IMG_20211013_194419.jpg
Interesting, that track plays at 44.1k for me on Tidal and the M11+ but there are other tracks by other musicians, that reliably unfold 8x to 352.8k. Who knows what's going on :)

Oct 14, 2021 at 7:38 AM Post #1,205 of 2,984

Tidal has been upgrading there Android app over several months to better support bitperfect and MQA audio on a wider range of Android DAPs. Previously you would need an app like UAPP to get full support. In the case of at least some other newer DAPS such as the Shanling M3x, a Tidal update was required to add support identifying the device as a full MQA decoder.

I suppose it really makes no difference if either Tidal or Fiio needs to make the required changes for full support of the Tidal app on the M11+. Perhaps @FiiO can comment on the specifics and timeline. :sunglasses:

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2021 at 5:16 AM Post #1,206 of 2,984
You are right. With this exact track i am seeing first time 352.8k in output. So seems everything ok. I only can't understand why it is with the same track master i see different output with my daps. With ibasso dx160 it is 176,4k with m11 + 88.2k. Different unfolding levels? Where with same master m11+ makes 96k, ibasso 192 and where m11+88,2 ibasso 176,4 so double. I know this is only numbers not actual thing you can hear but just interesting.
Dear friend,

From the picture you shows, the music file is not detected as MQA correctly in the M11 Plus LTD.
Please go to Tidal settings menu and turn off the 'Loudness normalization' option and check again. Should be MQA 44.1K icon instead of 88.2K icon at that time.
1634288893875.png

According to the latest MQA requirements, the sample rate before MQA compression should be shown (i.e. the source sample rate of the original file). So when playing a MQA track, the status bar and the FiiO Music now playing page will show the source sample rate of the MQA track.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Oct 15, 2021 at 6:02 AM Post #1,207 of 2,984
Dear friend,

From the picture you shows, the music file is not detected as MQA correctly in the M11 Plus LTD.
Please go to Tidal settings menu and turn off the 'Loudness normalization' option and check again. Should be MQA 44.1K icon instead of 88.2K icon at that time.
1634288893875.png
According to the latest MQA requirements, the sample rate before MQA compression should be shown (i.e. the source sample rate of the original file). So when playing a MQA track, the status bar and the FiiO Music now playing page will show the source sample rate of the MQA track.

Best regards
Thanks for this response. This is what I understood to be the MQA license requirement ie. show the source rate, not the unfolded rate. However, on the M11+, some tracks do appear to show the fully unfolded rate and others do not. This suggests that either the M11+ or Tidal are not consistently applying this requirement or the unfolding is not happening as advertised. I don't use loudness normalisation and I can still get tracks playing at 352khz which, I assume, is not their source rate but their unfolded rate.

Oct 15, 2021 at 11:25 AM Post #1,210 of 2,984
Dear friend,

1634288893875.png

Best regards
Thanks for showing the reason, I turned off loudness normalization option on tidal app and now it shows with the same song 44,1k instead of 88,2k. So it shows source sample rate what it should be in current versions of tidal app. Thes shows as i understand that m11+ understands it is playing mqa file and i hope as you say makes full unfolding further even if we dont't see final unfolded sample rate what is a little bit confusing. As we don't see what level of unfolding we have and what we listening in our ears truly. But as i understand this regulations comes from mqa so fiio has to take actions according this. Anyway i now better understand the work of tidal app in my m11 + . This is good. Well this dap in every aspect my favorite now. I really love it. And even Apple or Astel could rent your designer who designed m11+ to see good ideas and how it should be done. It looks amzing for my eyes :wink:

Oct 15, 2021 at 1:35 PM Post #1,211 of 2,984
I'm planning to get myself the HarmonicDyne Poseidon, currently available at the Linsoul Kickstarter campaign.
They say it needs an impedance of 64 ohm, but since I mostly use IEM's which in general have a much lower impedance, I have no idea if the M11 Plus LTD can drive this headset properly or that it's close at its limits?

Currently using the FiiO FH7 with the M11 Plus, and so far it's a great combo for me :smiley:

Oct 15, 2021 at 4:47 PM Post #1,212 of 2,984
Here is a cool system wide EQ:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pittvandewitt.wavelet&hl=en_US&gl=US

For Android 10, you don't need root access. I've been running this on my M11+ and works great. The only minor issue is you have to manually turn it on/off. There seems to be a way to have it auto detect music playing, but it requires a lot of steps. I even created a custom eq curve for my LCD i4 and it's really close to the Reveal plugin.

The UI only has 9 bands, but the custom import has over 50 bands. You can create a custom import for each of your headphones. One quirk is that once you import, I have not figured out a way to delete ones that I didn't like. Also, best to restart both Wavelet and your app after making eq changes. It seems to get stuck with the prior settings sometimes.

Edit - Updated the custom EQ.

Attachments

• LCDi4v7.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 15, 2021 at 9:16 PM Post #1,213 of 2,984
I'm planning to get myself the HarmonicDyne Poseidon, currently available at the Linsoul Kickstarter campaign.
They say it needs an impedance of 64 ohm, but since I mostly use IEM's which in general have a much lower impedance, I have no idea if the M11 Plus LTD can drive this headset properly or that it's close at its limits?

Currently using the FiiO FH7 with the M11 Plus, and so far it's a great combo for me :smiley:
I drive the 300Ω Sennheiser HD820 with my M11 Plus LTD on Low Gain and at full volume they get painfully loud.

It Outputs 588mW at 32Ω, that's insane. I don't understand why people worry about output power with M11 Plus LTD^^

Oct 18, 2021 at 3:35 AM Post #1,214 of 2,984
Don't usually use Roon with this device but I tried it and I keep getting failed to open audio device. I think Roon may be broken with this device (it didn't used to be previously though).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back