[FiiO M11 Plus LTD/M11 Plus] THXAAA-78,Android 10, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output/4.4 LO output, Dual AK4497/ES9068AS DAC chips, 4GB RAM,64G Flash
Oct 24, 2021 at 8:23 AM Post #1,231 of 2,990
I hear Dolby Atmos with Motorola Edge 2021,Samsung Tablet with Tidal, Amazon HD, Apple Music, don't hear the difference on the FiiO M11 + and it's a very noticeable difference, don't think the FiiO is Dolby Atmos capable ( certified) even though the app (Apple) will say Dolby Atmos,now with Amazon Music HD if you tap on the badge you can choose Atmos or HD and you can definitely hear the difference that's if it's a Atmos track.
Agreed. Apple Music for Android only supports spatial audio on devices that have native Atmos support (Fiio does not). But both Amazon and Tidal do support spatial audio on Android without native Atmos... not sure why it's different.

Oct 24, 2021 at 5:05 PM Post #1,232 of 2,990
It looks like I’ve gone the expensive route to get myself the equivalent of an AM3D module for my Q5 by getting the M11 Plus, but I’m sure it will be more than worth it!

It’s due to arrive tomorrow - but a question (apologies if this is answered in the previous pages!) - I have Apple Music as a free add on by my cell carrier - and it was activated by going to a URL on my phone,

Is there a way / workaround to use that account on the M11 Plus, or do I need to set up another account / use BT from the phone to the player (which would negate most of the reason for doing this)?

Thank you for thoughts :)
I now have the player :)

I didn't realise there is an AirPlay function, that seems to answer my prayers :)

Oct 25, 2021 at 12:28 AM Post #1,233 of 2,990
@FiiO M11 Plus Ltd, balanced port damaged my cable 2.5mm Cable plug. Now the sound cuts out. Very disappointing.

Is any having a similar issue? I had my LC-2.5D cable plugged into BTR-5 and never had this issue. But M11 unfortunately ruined my LC-RE 2.5 connector plug. See the picture attached (will have to zoom it) with 4 metallic grooved rings in-between the black lines on the gold rings. The one on the top is so bad that it scrapped off the metal. This is ruining the sound experience for me.

Did anyone have a similar issue? I can use my 4.4MM adapter plug but fear M11 port will damage it too.

Attachments

• IMG_9614.JPG
    IMG_9614.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9626.JPG
    IMG_9626.JPG
    817.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9627.JPG
    IMG_9627.JPG
    872.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9628.JPG
    IMG_9628.JPG
    763.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 25, 2021 at 2:59 AM Post #1,235 of 2,990
I had no issues yet, however, I do feel the 3.5mm socket on my M11+ is very tight. Sometimes I fear I'll rip out the jack when I try to unplug a cable from the 3.5mm port.

Oct 25, 2021 at 3:53 AM Post #1,236 of 2,990
Whilst we are talking about issues, I tend to watch a lot of YouTube via Chromecast Home - and connecting the M11+ to the Chromecast (via BT) seems to make the Chromecast stop as if there is a WiFi issue, and it seems to take a while to get going again (seemingly skipping a couple of tracks seems to get it to splutter into life after which it is fine until I finish my listening session) - no such issue with my Sony WM1A, Hidizs AP80 Pro or the FiiO Q5 - has anyone else experienced this, and can advise if there is a setting I need to adjust?

Thanks.

Oct 25, 2021 at 7:49 AM Post #1,237 of 2,990
Agreed. Apple Music for Android only supports spatial audio on devices that have native Atmos support (Fiio does not). But both Amazon and Tidal do support spatial audio on Android without native Atmos... not sure why it's different.
I can see that there are no settings for Dolby on the app, but it does work over AirPlay, if that helps… it isn’t really for me, but I did try it out whilst I’m in the experimentation phase.

Oct 26, 2021 at 2:10 PM Post #1,238 of 2,990
My M11 Plus just arrived yesterday. It is a huge upgrade over my DX160 both in sound and size & weight! The S8 has remained my favorite IEM for quite awhile but I would never have described them as authoritative at all until plugging them into the M11 Plus. They also exhibit vastly improved treble extension and sense of space (already a strength of the IEM). I am still in the wow-phase, I need to spend some time with these and try out my Variations but other than the size and weight (which I knew going in) this is one impressive DAP!

PXL_20211026_175234654.jpg

Oct 26, 2021 at 7:03 PM Post #1,239 of 2,990
A few more notes using Wavelet system wide EQ on M11 Plus:
  1. I would recommend enabling the audio app auto detect feature. It's pretty easy to do with clear instructions.
  2. I found a way to lower the pre gain. Just use the channel balance feature since each channel can independently be set. On mine I lowered both channels by -2 dB since I started hearing some clipping with my EQ profile.
  3. The max samples I was able to set was 6K. If I set a higher sampling rate, my 192K streams would start breaking up. I honestly can't hear the difference with lower sample rates but Wavelet says higher is better.
  4. Very important - I was experiencing the EQ shutting off randomly during playback every hour or so. After troubleshooting, I went into system app settings and changed the Wavelet app from "Optimized for Battery" to "Not Optimized". This seems to have fixed the issue. It seems that Android 10 is in the habit of turning some background apps off to save battery.
  5. One last note - you have to have your headphones plugged in for all the options to display.
Other than these quirky things, Wavelet works really well. I've only used for Apple Music but Wavelet lists most streaming apps as verified to work.

Oct 27, 2021 at 4:32 PM Post #1,240 of 2,990
Just did a battery test and pretty impressed. Here is how I tested:

1) Apple Music with continuous lossless streaming from 44 kHz ro 192 kHz files
2) Headphone output on balanced (high) at 58
3) Wavelet EQ turn on at 6K samples/sec rate
4) Screen off
5) Wifi on 5 Ghz
6) No other apps in background

At 4 hours, battery life was at 55% remaining. With some screen usage, this is an easy 8 hour battery life. Very good result and more than what I need.

@FiiO it would be great if you guys implement a battery health feature to stop charging at 80 or 90% so it never over charges or consumes a full charge/discharge cycle. I can live with an hour or 2 less battery life if I get a battery that lasts 5+ years with >80% of original charge capacity.

Oct 27, 2021 at 5:24 PM Post #1,242 of 2,990
@FiiO One small feature request I have is to be able to change the behavior of the physical next/previous track buttons. I find it counterintuitive that the track button below the play/pause is next track and the track button above it is the previous track button. iBasso players give you the option to swap the functionality of these buttons.

buttons.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2021 at 6:50 PM Post #1,243 of 2,990
For anyone looking to get one of these in the U.K. - I got mine from Amazon, ordered last Friday and there were four left, they’re now all gone…. Good luck out there!

Oct 27, 2021 at 9:35 PM Post #1,244 of 2,990
@FiiO One small feature request I have is to be able to change the behavior of the physical next/previous track buttons. I find it counterintuitive that the track button below the "hold" switch is next track and the track button above it is the previous track button. iBasso players give you the option to swap the functionality of these buttons.

@FiiO I agree with this request. The buttons work opposite the way my Sony DAP works and after years of muscle memory I keep hitting the wrong button to advance to the next song. Please add an option that reverses the previous and next buttons’ functionality. Thanks! Love the M11+LTD!

Cheers,
Gus

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back