[FiiO M11 Plus LTD/M11 Plus] THXAAA-78,Android 10, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output/4.4 LO output, Dual AK4497/ES9068AS DAC chips, 4GB RAM,64G Flash
Oct 19, 2021 at 3:23 PM Post #1,216 of 2,990
Wow with Wavelet eq and Apple Music I now have a full portable solution for my LCDi4. Yes, it's a little annoying that I have to start Apple Music, then manually turn on Wavelet for the EQ to kick in, but there are no other options that can create the complex EQ adjustments for Apple Music. The best part is, I can start unloading some of my gear because this is all I need for 80% of my listening. For travel, I switch to Sony WF-1000XM4 using LDAC and the sound and convenience is hard to beat. Even the Sony app is great in that it can store custom EQ on the IEM itself. With this amount of EQ control, I feel no need to own multiple headphones. I plan to make a couple more custom EQ curves for my LCDi4 but Wavelet app has a feature where you can adjust the amount of overall EQ as a percentage so it's a great feature to quickly tweak EQ for different genres.

Edit - I was skeptical of the touch volume, but when I dock the M11+ on my desktop stand, touch volume works better.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2021 at 12:07 AM Post #1,217 of 2,990
Wow with Wavelet eq and Apple Music I now have a full portable solution for my LCDi4. Yes, it's a little annoying that I have to start Apple Music, then manually turn on Wavelet for the EQ to kick in, but there are no other options that can create the complex EQ adjustments for Apple Music. The best part is, I can start unloading some of my gear because this is all I need for 80% of my listening. For travel, I switch to Sony WF-1000XM4 using LDAC and the sound and convenience is hard to beat. Even the Sony app is great in that it can store custom EQ on the IEM itself. With this amount of EQ control, I feel no need to own multiple headphones. I plan to make a couple more custom EQ curves for my LCDi4 but Wavelet app has a feature where you can adjust the amount of overall EQ as a percentage so it's a great feature to quickly tweak EQ for different genres.

Edit - I was skeptical of the touch volume, but when I dock the M11+ on my desktop stand, touch volume works better.
What stand are you using? I’m interested in getting one but not sure which work with the M11+.

Oct 21, 2021 at 7:08 PM Post #1,218 of 2,990
What stand are you using? I’m interested in getting one but not sure which work with the M11+.
I got this one:

Smartphone Stand

It works great, but it does cover up the 2.5mm output. I use 4.4mm so it's a non issue for me.

Oct 22, 2021 at 5:57 AM Post #1,219 of 2,990
1-Main Pic.jpg

Text version of FiiO M11 Plus Ltd review

English: https://porta.fi/fiio-m11-plus-ltd-kinesthetic-pleasure-and-more/
Russian: https://porta.fi/ru/obzor-pleera-fiio-m11-plus-ltd-ne-tolko-kinesteticheskoe-udovolstvie/

Oct 22, 2021 at 10:28 PM Post #1,221 of 2,990
I just got my M11 plus, I like it. My last Fiio was a M5 first gen (still working). The M11+ LTD is feature rich I have to say, I have never used an android device so I have a few questions:
- How do I get that neat analog level meter that it is frequently shown with
- is there a way to totally clear the playing queue, and the what has been played list
- how do you close an app
- File storage one the SD, is it best to add files to the card top level, or does it slow things down create genre folders and add artists in subfolders under each genre.

I have googled and searched but no answer to these questions was found. Thanks for your help

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2021 at 2:06 AM Post #1,222 of 2,990
It looks like I’ve gone the expensive route to get myself the equivalent of an AM3D module for my Q5 by getting the M11 Plus, but I’m sure it will be more than worth it!

It’s due to arrive tomorrow - but a question (apologies if this is answered in the previous pages!) - I have Apple Music as a free add on by my cell carrier - and it was activated by going to a URL on my phone,

Is there a way / workaround to use that account on the M11 Plus, or do I need to set up another account / use BT from the phone to the player (which would negate most of the reason for doing this)?

Thank you for thoughts :)

Oct 23, 2021 at 4:02 AM Post #1,223 of 2,990
It looks like I’ve gone the expensive route to get myself the equivalent of an AM3D module for my Q5 by getting the M11 Plus, but I’m sure it will be more than worth it!

It’s due to arrive tomorrow - but a question (apologies if this is answered in the previous pages!) - I have Apple Music as a free add on by my cell carrier - and it was activated by going to a URL on my phone,

Is there a way / workaround to use that account on the M11 Plus, or do I need to set up another account / use BT from the phone to the player (which would negate most of the reason for doing this)?

Thank you for thoughts :)
Just download the app and sign in(if you have the username and password)works on all my devices.

Oct 23, 2021 at 4:04 AM Post #1,224 of 2,990
I just got my M11 plus, I like it. My last Fiio was a M5 first gen (still working). The M11+ LTD is feature rich I have to say, I have never used an android device so I have a few questions:
- is there a way to totally clear the playing queue, and the what has been played list
- File storage one the SD, is it best to add files to the card top level, or does it slow things down create genre folders and add artists in subfolders under each genre.

I have googled and searched but no answer to these questions was found. Thanks for your help
1st question tap the album art.

Oct 23, 2021 at 5:37 AM Post #1,225 of 2,990

close an app - just swipe from the bottom to the top, this will bring up all currently open apps, then do the same with the app you want to close
SD card - doesn´t really matter..you won´t scan your full libary that often? If you add only few new folders / albums etc. just search for them and don´t do a full scan

Oct 23, 2021 at 10:32 AM Post #1,227 of 2,990
Unfortunatelly they removed it with the last update. But why? I want it so much. :frowning2:
It's still there on v1.04. Only when using the Fiio player though. So geeky - I love it :L3000:.

IMG_20210917_142628-01.jpeg

Oct 24, 2021 at 2:57 AM Post #1,228 of 2,990
I went through the thread but couldnt find a definitive answer for this. Can anyone with the M11+ that also uses Apple Music confirm whether or not you can enable Dolby atmos?

Oct 24, 2021 at 6:13 AM Post #1,229 of 2,990
I went through the thread but couldnt find a definitive answer for this. Can anyone with the M11+ that also uses Apple Music confirm whether or not you can enable Dolby atmos?
I don't think you can (going off memory of when I was using Apple Music with it).

Oct 24, 2021 at 6:40 AM Post #1,230 of 2,990
I don't think you can (going off memory of when I was using Apple Music with it).
I hear Dolby Atmos with Motorola Edge 2021,Samsung Tablet with Tidal, Amazon HD, Apple Music, don't hear the difference on the FiiO M11 + and it's a very noticeable difference, don't think the FiiO is Dolby Atmos capable ( certified) even though the app (Apple) will say Dolby Atmos,now with Amazon Music HD if you tap on the badge you can choose Atmos or HD and you can definitely hear the difference that's if it's a Atmos track.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back