[FiiO M11 Plus LTD/M11 Plus] THXAAA-78,Android 10, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output/4.4 LO output, Dual AK4497/ES9068AS DAC chips, 4GB RAM,64G Flash
Oct 4, 2021 at 12:50 AM Post #1,157 of 2,984
Well, I just pulled the trigger on the M11 Plus LTD. I’m excited to hear what this thing can do.

Can one create multiple EQ templates and store them, so as to easily switch between various IEMs?

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2021 at 4:54 AM Post #1,158 of 2,984
Guys, doing a deep dive on the M11 Plus LTD, and I have to say, I’m getting a bit suspicious.

I know that some here (in answer to my earlier question about this) have stated that the player is capable of rendering streaming tracks bit-perfectly, but how exactly is that known? I can’t find anything from Fiio confirming this. There is plenty of stuff regarding it’s modified Android OS being able to play Tidal MQA tracks bit-perfectly… but remember, Tidal themselves released an update that allowed their app to bypass Android’s restrictions and unpack MQA tracks. Amazon HD, Apple Lossless, Qobuz etc etc have released no such updates.

Additionally, many of these apps can trigger high resolution “false flags” with many DAPs and DACs when playing… I love Amazon HD, but it is particularly notorious with regards to this… triggering the high-rez 24/192 light on my Mojo and other DACs even when the track being played is 44.1/16 (with upscaling turned off). So an illuminated “high-rez” light or a specific high-rez value being displayed is not always an accurate representation of what is actually being played.

I have seen nothing from Fiio officially stating that the M11 Pro or Plus LTD employs DTA (Direct Transport Audio) architecture which will defeat the Android SRC (Sample Rate Conversion) which downgrades audio from apps that do not employ MQA such as the aforementioned Amazon Music HD, Apple Lossless, Qobuz, et al…

HyBy employs DTA on their R6 2020, and as would be expected, has much to say about this… They emphasize that the player is capable of streaming tracks from all apps bit-perfectly; it’s a major selling point of the player. It seems odd that Fiio would not aggresively market this selling point as well, if its player was in fact able to stream all apps bit-perfectly.

I’m not trying to troll or get flamed here, and believe me, I’d be really, really happy to be wrong about this. I’m hoping that my Google-fu just sucks and there is plenty about this out there that I just missed. As I said in the post before this, I just bought an M11 Plus LTD. So I have a vested interest in it having this feature and my being wrong.

But I need some sort of official statement from Fiio. And I think right now I need to cancel my order until I can get that kind of confirmation. If anyone can point me in the direction of a statement from Fiio confirming that the M11 Plus LTD can stream tracks from all apps bit-perfectly, I’d be very, very grateful. Thanks!

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2021 at 2:58 PM Post #1,159 of 2,984
Guys, doing a deep dive on the M11 Plus LTD, and I have to say, I’m getting a bit suspicious.

I know that some here (in answer to my earlier question about this) have stated that the player is capable of rendering streaming tracks bit-perfectly, but how exactly is that known? I can’t find anything from Fiio confirming this. There is plenty of stuff regarding it’s modified Android OS being able to play Tidal MQA tracks bit-perfectly… but remember, Tidal themselves released an update that allowed their app to bypass Android’s restrictions and unpack MQA tracks. Amazon HD, Apple Lossless, Qobuz etc etc have released no such updates.

Additionally, many of these apps can trigger high resolution “false flags” with many DAPs and DACs when playing… I love Amazon HD, but it is particularly notorious with regards to this… triggering the high-rez 24/192 light on my Mojo and other DACs even when the track being played is 44.1/16 (with upscaling turned off). So an illuminated “high-rez” light or a specific high-rez value being displayed is not always an accurate representation of what is actually being played.

I have seen nothing from Fiio officially stating that the M11 Pro or Plus LTD employs DTA (Direct Transport Audio) architecture which will defeat the Android SRC (Sample Rate Conversion) which downgrades audio from apps that do not employ MQA such as the aforementioned Amazon Music HD, Apple Lossless, Qobuz, et al…

HyBy employs DTA on their R6 2020, and as would be expected, has much to say about this… They emphasize that the player is capable of streaming tracks from all apps bit-perfectly; it’s a major selling point of the player. It seems odd that Fiio would not aggresively market this selling point as well, if its player was in fact able to stream all apps bit-perfectly.

I’m not trying to troll or get flamed here, and believe me, I’d be really, really happy to be wrong about this. I’m hoping that my Google-fu just sucks and there is plenty about this out there that I just missed. As I said in the post before this, I just bought an M11 Plus LTD. So I have a vested interest in it having this feature and my being wrong.

But I need some sort of official statement from Fiio. And I think right now I need to cancel my order until I can get that kind of confirmation. If anyone can point me in the direction of a statement from Fiio confirming that the M11 Plus LTD can stream tracks from all apps bit-perfectly, I’d be very, very grateful. Thanks!
Fiio confirmed many many times that all M-series dap can stream from all apps bit-perfectly except cases then if the app itself somehow processes the sound.

Oct 4, 2021 at 3:34 PM Post #1,160 of 2,984
Fiio confirmed many many times that all M-series dap can stream from all apps bit-perfectly except cases then if the app itself somehow processes the sound.
I know people have definitely said Fiio confirmed that... And again, I’m not saying it’s untrue. But where exactly did Fiio confirm that? I can’t find any mention?.. Again, my Google-fu probably just sucks, so can you provide a link? Very appreciated!

Oct 4, 2021 at 3:35 PM Post #1,161 of 2,984
I've been eyeing on M11 plus LTD but have few inquiries:

1. Anyone tried Sony IER M9 on this DAP? How was it?
2. Currently, I'm using Hiby R5 (original). Anyone compared R5 and M11 Plus? Would you think M11 plus LTD is a great "upgrade" in terms of pure SQ-wise only? (I'm using FLAC files so I won't bother with streaming)

Oct 4, 2021 at 3:48 PM Post #1,162 of 2,984
I've been eyeing on M11 plus LTD but have few inquiries:

1. Anyone tried Sony IER M9 on this DAP? How was it?
2. Currently, I'm using Hiby R5 (original). Anyone compared R5 and M11 Plus? Would you think M11 plus LTD is a great "upgrade" in terms of pure SQ-wise only? (I'm using FLAC files so I won't bother with streaming)

I suspect you'll get plenty of answers saying the M11 Plus is better, but let's face the truth - no recent well put together DAP is a "great" upgrade over another SQ-wise. Spend your money on IEMs if you want noticable differences. Both DAPs are excellent. The M11 Plus is newer and shinier... :sunglasses:

Oct 4, 2021 at 3:59 PM Post #1,163 of 2,984
I suspect you'll get plenty of answers saying the M11 Plus is better, but let's face the truth - no recent well put together DAP is a "great" upgrade over another SQ-wise. Spend your money on IEMs if you want noticable differences. Both DAPs are excellent. The M11 Plus is newer and shinier... :sunglasses:
With all due respect, I strongly disagree. Newer and shinier? Of course, after all you get those bigger and better screens, newer SoC's, more RAM and internal memory with lots of features that were previously inaccessible for a lower-tier devices. I myself have switched from an iBasso DX220 (AMP1mk2 and AMP8) and I can definietely hear the difference in the overall sound quality apart from the obvious, HUGE leap in the case of overall speed and user experience. Is it better than DX220? Not neccessarily, though it's not a downgrade for sure. It just does sound different, has its own character of presentation and I do enjoy it despite owning the A&K SE180 with both SEM1 and SEM2. I personally think that M11 LTD is a very handsome and very well made, capable DAP and I say this as someone who - to put it mildly - wasn't a fan of the brand. I still am not but the M11 LTD is a great device and became my daily driver :)

Oct 4, 2021 at 4:22 PM Post #1,164 of 2,984
With all due respect, I strongly disagree. Newer and shinier? Of course, after all you get those bigger and better screens, newer SoC's, more RAM and internal memory with lots of features that were previously inaccessible for a lower-tier devices. I myself have switched from an iBasso DX220 (AMP1mk2 and AMP8) and I can definietely hear the difference in the overall sound quality apart from the obvious, HUGE leap in the case of overall speed and user experience. Is it better than DX220? Not neccessarily, though it's not a downgrade for sure. It just does sound different, has its own character of presentation and I do enjoy it despite owning the A&K SE180 with both SEM1 and SEM2. I personally think that M11 LTD is a very handsome and very well made, capable DAP and I say this as someone who - to put it mildly - wasn't a fan of the brand. I still am not but the M11 LTD is a great device and became my daily driver :)

It's all good, I can take it. :relaxed: Note that he was asking about SQ over the R5. I totally agree that the M11 Plus is a great DAP. So is the R5 (which he already has).

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2021 at 7:36 PM Post #1,165 of 2,984
Hi there,
I recently purchased a M11 Plus LTD and have been trying to add more files to my DAP.
I've tried downloading Android File Transfer to my Macbook Pro, but the application does not seem to work with my laptop.
Is there any other way for me to access the SD Card?
Cheers!

Oct 4, 2021 at 8:41 PM Post #1,166 of 2,984
Hi there,
I recently purchased a M11 Plus LTD and have been trying to add more files to my DAP.
I've tried downloading Android File Transfer to my Macbook Pro, but the application does not seem to work with my laptop.
Is there any other way for me to access the SD Card?
Cheers!
OpenMTP:

https://openmtp.ganeshrvel.com

Oct 6, 2021 at 11:17 AM Post #1,167 of 2,984
I know people have definitely said Fiio confirmed that... And again, I’m not saying it’s untrue. But where exactly did Fiio confirm that? I can’t find any mention?.. Again, my Google-fu probably just sucks, so can you provide a link? Very appreciated!
I wonder if they did some sort of bypass themselves like other brands do on older Android versions, or if they are just taking advantage of Android 10's support for higher sample rates.

https://source.android.com/devices/audio/highres-effects

Edit: They have also officially commented on SRC here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fii...d-is-officially-released.957867/post-16366794

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2021 at 1:38 PM Post #1,169 of 2,984
Considering buying this DAP. Have LG V60 and wondering if it is worth upgrade?
If you are also using the LG V60 as your smartphone, then it's a difficult answer since you will be carrying around another phone sized device just for audio. If your argument is you want something better for home/desktop use, there are much better and/or cheaper options than a DAP.

Oct 7, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #1,170 of 2,984
Thank you for answer. I do not mind carying another portable device around. Goal is as good sound as possible for reasonable price. I am not so happy with LG V60 as sound is not consistent in my experience. Probably due to Android. I did try all recomendef Anroid music player. I have NCM Bella V2 and Custom Art Ei.XX ciems.

I listen mainly to rock/metal and 80's

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back