[FiiO M11 Plus LTD/M11 Plus] THXAAA-78,Android 10, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output/4.4 LO output, Dual AK4497/ES9068AS DAC chips, 4GB RAM,64G Flash
Sep 29, 2021 at 8:24 AM Post #1,141 of 2,984
Dear friend,

Yes, the apk file is 77MB. And google drive will give that notification when the file is large than 50MB generally. It is safe to download the apk file.
If you are still worried, you could contact us via email. We could send the file to you via email instead.

Best regards
I downloaded and installed on the M11+, but how do I determine that it installed correctly ? I looked at the app About setting, but the version still shows as 3.0.7 just as it did before the install. I expected it to show that it was a beta version.

Sep 29, 2021 at 8:30 AM Post #1,142 of 2,984
I don't think that the DX160 supports amp cards.
That's correct and your description of the sound signatures is very apt. Imo, the M11 Plus is a pretty good deal if one takes sound quality and overall package into consideration.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2021 at 8:38 AM Post #1,143 of 2,984
More M11 Plus LTD Issues

I've repeatedly tried to use the FiiO Technical Support app Feedback function while connected to my local network (which has Internet access) using Wi-Fi and/or USB, but after submitting it gives a "Submission Failed" popup every single time.

I have the language on my M11 Plus LTD set to US English, but when in FiiO Music, Media Server set up, the Automatic Connection description is in another language.

Sep 29, 2021 at 12:14 PM Post #1,144 of 2,984
Is anyone aware how the M11 Plus Ltd. executes its line out mode? I'm just curious how is it able to bypass (if it does) the THX amp when it's using the same ports (3.5mm/4.4mm) for line out function. Thanks!
Similar way they have both balanced and unbalanced signals coming from the same amp circuitry - use of switches to connect/redirect to the various outputs. Yes, it does bypass the THX amp circuitry. You can see the spec measurements are slightly better on line out versus headphone out with balanced showing the greater difference.

Sep 30, 2021 at 5:07 AM Post #1,145 of 2,984
A questionnaire about the FiiO M11 Plus LTD

(If you have the M11 Plus LTD and would like to share your experience with us, please click this link to join the survey: https://forms.gle/ey5j8DJBy3CmHCWLA)

unnamed (1).jpg

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Sep 30, 2021 at 11:53 PM Post #1,147 of 2,984
FiiO works with developers at times, perhaps FiiO can work with MediaMonkey's developer to replicate the issue and work out a solution together, like Tidal and UAPP - USB Audio Player Pro.
I contacted MediaMonkey and they had already tried to work with FiiO, but were rebuffed. They will still try to find a fix the playback issue, but it might take some time. I still plan to use MediaMonkey as the master library for my music.

I did more research and tried more music players from the Google Play Store. I finally settled on USB Audio Player Pro. It's played everything I've thrown at it without missing a bit, has a developer who seems to listen to his customers and is actively trying to improve it, has a decent interface that can be adjusted to my liking, a very customizable equalizer and, best of all, it sounds just as good, if not better, than FiiO Music. While it annoys me greatly when a company uses it's customers as beta testers for expensive new products, I finally feel it's worthwhile to keep the M11+. Now I just have to master importing playlists into the music app and wait another week until my new Focal Elegia headphones arrive !

Oct 1, 2021 at 11:15 AM Post #1,148 of 2,984
Because i read at several places that the sound filters basically don't make any difference, i never touched them.

I prefer the M11 Plus LTD over my WM1Z in pretty much everything except one thing. I like the Sony Sound Signature and so i think Player like the ZX507 and my WM1Z sound better in terms of musicality than the M11 Plus LTD, so the presentation of the sound, not the Quality. But everything else (including sound quality) is much better on the M11 Plus LTD. But especially with the IER-Z1R, the WM1Z had an edge in sounding more musical.

But after reading the technical documentation about the AK4497EQ on the AKM Webpage, i again noticed the sound filters and so played with them a bit.

And i don't know what people talk about, maybe its due to their choice of Music or Headphones or just damaged hearing, but the sound filters do make an audible difference. I should have tried them earlier.

With the music i listen to, there is an clearly audible difference, especially in the drums. How the Hi-Hat and Cymbals ring, how hard the bass-drum hits and the overall presentation of the sound.

I changed the Filter to Sharp Roll-Off and finally this is the sound i wanted. Now (after testing 3 Album with the IER-Z1R, MDR-Z1R and FiiO FA9) the M11 Plus LTD sounds better than my WM1Z.

It just sounds a bit more... how to say. It sounds more acoustic and more emotional. Parts that have been too neutral and sterile for my taste are now a bit less tight/dense and more musical. The sound is a bit less aggressive/direct and the soundstage didn't change in size, but the instruments inside the soundstage got further apart.

Not by a big margin, thats for sure, but its exactly the amount that i missed that made Songs more Emotional on the WM1Z.

I think FiiO should have released more Informations about that feature in the Manual. It doesn't change the overall sound signature but it tunes the sound in a big enough manner that it matters for me.

The Sound now is as close to perfection as i could imagine it (for my taste and my choice of music/headphones)

Oct 2, 2021 at 1:43 AM Post #1,149 of 2,984
Can anyone confirm one way or the other if the M11 Plus LTD is able to circumvent Android’s inherent hi-Rez playback restrictions, and play/download bit-perfect tracks from streaming services such as Amazon HD etc?

Oct 2, 2021 at 2:41 AM Post #1,150 of 2,984
The current version of Fiio Music I have is 3.0.7 which came installed on my new M11+. I'm willing to try a beta version, so started to download the one from your link. However, I stopped when I got the following message

Google Drive has detected issues with your download
This file is too large for Google to scan for viruses. Would you still like to download this file?
This file is executable and may harm your computer.
FiiO Music Beta21092302.apk (77M)

How can I be sure this file is actually from FiiO and safe ?
That is a "standard" Android "alert" message so you realize you are about to download a large file - and if you are on a "toll" Wireless (or Cellular, hey it's Android!) you might want to wait. Plus security is so ramped up these days, even downloading an update file is considered a potential "event". The warning it simply to "wake up" the user to think about what they are doing and confirm it really is "ok". :)

And, google has a size limit for scanning files downloaded - also normal, over a certain sized download.

Go ahead, download / Keep it, and install it and hopefully it will fix what you need fixed :)

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2021 at 3:01 AM Post #1,151 of 2,984
Can anyone confirm one way or the other if the M11 Plus LTD is able to circumvent Android’s inherent hi-Rez playback restrictions, and play/download bit-perfect tracks from streaming services such as Amazon HD etc?
Qobuz is streaming and playing downloaded tracks bit perfect.

Oct 2, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #1,152 of 2,984
is the gist of this question: is FiiOs customised android more ‘music friendly’?
yes.

-on a phone I would need to run an app (eg hf player) to take control of the underlying operating system and what it does to audio..
so, operating systems like windows, macOS and android all have a system (sound) mixer that converts everything to a common sampling rate. in most instances it is 48khz.
48khz kills 44khz sources (like CDs) and most audio aficionados seek out a native playback capability. (dithering of mismatched sample rates leads to poor cymbal crashes)

on a regular android phone, yes, that would require installing specific music software that changes the audio playback, so that android front end sounds (like a tone telling us ‘you’ve got mail’) normally running at 48khz doesn‘t override a users music enjoyment.

FiiOs customised android. straight from the box, does stuff that the native fiio music app (installed on an android phone) doesn’t do.
posts on this thread (and others) for their FiiO DAPs seems to have reaffirmed this pretty wholeheartedly, for those of us who have wondered.
-its a great part of the reason to buy a dedicated music player (even one running android, IS highly customised!!)

Oct 2, 2021 at 11:04 AM Post #1,153 of 2,984
I stream Amazon HD and Tidal no problem with bitrate and resolution no need for UAPP it's a fantastic piece of equipment.

Oct 2, 2021 at 10:51 PM Post #1,155 of 2,984
What is the power output @ 16ohms using 4.4mm balanced? I'm trying to get an idea of the power I'll be looking at with my MEST MK2 and if it's gonna be enough.

Thanks
>=500mW

https://www.fiio.com/m11plusltd_parameters

On Low-Gain, it will destroy your hearing at full volume.

In High Gain it might be loud enough to kill you at full volume.

So I think, loud enough

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back