[FiiO M11 Plus LTD/M11 Plus] THXAAA-78,Android 10, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output/4.4 LO output, Dual AK4497/ES9068AS DAC chips, 4GB RAM,64G Flash
Sep 27, 2021 at 8:09 PM Post #1,126 of 2,990
Thanks for all the info and encouragement.

I'm a long time user of MediaMonkey for Windows and Android, so that's the first Android app that I discovered that couldn't play mp3 tracks correctly on the M11+. I use it on my Galaxy S7, so I knew it worked with the older Android versions. After reporting the issue to MediaMonkey, I tried a lot of things to see if I could find a workaround. I couldn't, so then I tried several of the higher rated music players from the Play Store. Each and every one had the identical issue when playing a random mix of mp3, but played flac just fine, so I'd delete them after testing and move to the next. Unfortunately, I didn't keep track of them. I thought it might be an Android codec issue, so tried install a couple from the Play store, but they made no difference when activated.

I have a mix of mp3 and flac in a music collection that's currently at just under 200GB. I ordered a 1TB card with my M11+ and have done all my storage to it.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2021 at 1:26 AM Post #1,127 of 2,990
Thanks for all the info and encouragement.

I'm a long time user of MediaMonkey for Windows and Android, so that's the first Android app that I discovered that couldn't play mp3 tracks correctly on the M11+. I use it on my Galaxy S7, so I knew it worked with the older Android versions. After reporting the issue to MediaMonkey, I tried a lot of things to see if I could find a workaround. I couldn't, so then I tried several of the higher rated music players from the Play Store. Each and every one had the identical issue when playing a random mix of mp3, but played flac just fine, so I'd delete them after testing and move to the next. Unfortunately, I didn't keep track of them. I thought it might be an Android codec issue, so tried install a couple from the Play store, but they made no difference when activated.

I have a mix of mp3 and flac in a music collection that's currently at just under 200GB. I ordered a 1TB card with my M11+ and have done all my storage to it.
Hopefully @FiiO or another FiiO support person will read your posts and can help you help them replicate the problem(s) you describe. :)

When we @FiiO an "alert" is sent to the guys/gals that maintain that login and can forward on to the appropriate person. Sometimes it happens in a short time, sometimes a Chinese Holiday, Outage - as happens during the pandemic when China reduces power/operating hours of factories - sometimes as low as 10 days / month recently I've heard - that's why I say have patience as eventually FiiO persists and come through. :)

If you do go back and run some of the same apps, or run new apps, it helps if you make notes - I keep a Notepad window open - or even use a gmail Draft not sent to keep notes over time, and then you can copy/paste them here to help FiiO focus on the specific problem so they can replicate it and can then work on fixing the problem.

FiiO works with developers at times, perhaps FiiO can work with MediaMonkey's developer to replicate the issue and work out a solution together, like Tidal and UAPP - USB Audio Player Pro.

Good luck :)

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2021 at 3:44 AM Post #1,128 of 2,990
Is anyone aware how the M11 Plus Ltd. executes its line out mode? I'm just curious how is it able to bypass (if it does) the THX amp when it's using the same ports (3.5mm/4.4mm) for line out function. Thanks!

Sep 28, 2021 at 4:25 AM Post #1,129 of 2,990
Needless to say M11LTD owners have a really great basis, going forward, to seeing their downstream music kit performing its best; ie not all transports are created equally.
Are you saying that even with Android apps like Neutron or UAAP that can send bit perfect digital streams (if configured properly) from any android device, the quality still varies from one device to another due to hardware?

Sep 28, 2021 at 6:27 AM Post #1,130 of 2,990
I'm new to high end DAPs and FiiO. I wanted something better than the hacked, all digital iPod Classic Gen 7 I've been using for the last several years. I did a lot of research and felt that the M11 Plus LTD would be a good fit, so ordered one and just received it last week. I'm not new to Android, but this is my first experience with 10. I expect bumps in the road and frustration when setting up and learning how a new device works. I'm astounded at how good the M11+ sounds, but I'm appalled at how poor the documentation on how to use it is.

I'm having issues and have spent several days experimenting and searching the forums for answers, but coming up short. There doesn't seem to be any way to get help from FiiO except through support@fiio.com. I've sent several emails since last week, but so far nada. How does one get FiiO to respond ? I even tried using the error reporting with log sent directly from the M11+, but after showing progress and completing the submit I got a message that it failed to submit !

My current issues are 1) I can't get Playlists to work no matter what I do, and 2) mp3 files won't play correctly (all chopped up like only every 10,000th bit is used) in any of the several android apps I've tried from the Google Play Store -- except FiiO Music. None of the FiiO documentation, FAQs and troubleshooting provide any useful information on resolving. I got a notification of the new OS update OTA and was able to successfully complete it. However, it didn't fix either of my issues.

Any help and guidance would be much appreciated.
Dear friend,

Sorry to hear about that. But we seems not be able to find your email in our email system still.
For the problem with the playlists, please try to update this FiiO Music app in your player to check again first:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NFhWxQ3WPU24sQeqRJBzgbyiUVCNluli/view?usp=sharing
How to update the FiiO Music app in players: Set the device to storage mode and connect to computer, drag the downloaded FiiO Music (.apk) to the device. Then disconnect the connection and enter ES file explorer/file manager, find the FiiO Music app in internal storage/sd card and click install.

For the problem with the MP3 music, would you mind sharing some files to us for check? Thanks in advanced!

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Sep 28, 2021 at 7:42 AM Post #1,131 of 2,990
How do you think guy, is it worth to wait m11 plus with other dac (sabre possibly) or to buy at the moment AKM version. I am not deciding as i know on november it will be possible to buy new version but i quess akm as already unavailable chip is more worth to get right now. And who knows how final sound will be with other dac implemented.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2021 at 8:39 AM Post #1,132 of 2,990
Well as you understand this is a difficult decision!

The M11 Plus is already very good but who knows about the next edition.

Worse it ain't going to because all FiiO new products are very good.

But different, yes it should be and who knows if we are going to like the sound signature more or less!

Decisions.... decisions...

Sep 28, 2021 at 10:10 AM Post #1,133 of 2,990
Well as you understand this is a difficult decision!

The M11 Plus is already very good but who knows about the next edition.

Worse it ain't going to because all FiiO new products are very good.

But different, yes it should be and who knows if we are going to like the sound signature more or less!

Decisions.... decisions...
Yes exact word that describes not easy audio lovers life - its decisions all the time :) i just wanted to hear any other opinion in un easy situation when deciding for a new dap and always in the corner i see some other candidates looking. So thanks. This time its the same model but will it be better or worse i understand - only fiio knows at the moment. But still i believe with right tuning it is possible to get really close sound with different dacs. Will it be some changes other than dac - this is more interesting question. As this could lead to completely new flavour. But still fiio filosophy at the moment with m11 series is clearly not coloured sound. So i hope it will last. And Ichos if you heard and remeber ibasso dx160 - is m11 plus more revealing and detailed ? What do you think.

Sep 28, 2021 at 10:22 AM Post #1,134 of 2,990
Dear friend,

Sorry to hear about that. But we seems not be able to find your email in our email system still.
For the problem with the playlists, please try to update this FiiO Music app in your player to check again first:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NFhWxQ3WPU24sQeqRJBzgbyiUVCNluli/view?usp=sharing
How to update the FiiO Music app in players: Set the device to storage mode and connect to computer, drag the downloaded FiiO Music (.apk) to the device. Then disconnect the connection and enter ES file explorer/file manager, find the FiiO Music app in internal storage/sd card and click install.

For the problem with the MP3 music, would you mind sharing some files to us for check? Thanks in advanced!

Best regards
The current version of Fiio Music I have is 3.0.7 which came installed on my new M11+. I'm willing to try a beta version, so started to download the one from your link. However, I stopped when I got the following message

Google Drive has detected issues with your download
This file is too large for Google to scan for viruses. Would you still like to download this file?
This file is executable and may harm your computer.
FiiO Music Beta21092302.apk (77M)

How can I be sure this file is actually from FiiO and safe ?

Sep 28, 2021 at 10:55 AM Post #1,135 of 2,990
@MariusAB

It been quite a while since I heard the DX160 but from what I remember the M11 Plus is certainly more resolving, with greater detail depth without being analytical.
It is also more neutral and clear/clean wheres the DX160 is a touch warm and not as crystaline.

Sep 28, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #1,136 of 2,990
@MariusAB

It been quite a while since I heard the DX160 but from what I remember the M11 Plus is certainly more resolving, with greater detail depth without being analytical.
It is also more neutral and clear/clean wheres the DX160 is a touch warm and not as crystaline.
Yes that is exactly what i wanted to hear. I was imagining m11 plus to sound like this and in technicalities and resolution should be above dx160 and more to 220 level. I had m11 but exept good details it was a little too bright and thin for my taste. And it sounded good only with bassy warm drivers. So m11 plus i imagine is with m11 details and should be more neutral and natural sounding without additional warmth that hides details. So then it will be what i am looking. So thanks

Sep 28, 2021 at 6:39 PM Post #1,137 of 2,990
@MariusAB

No it's not, I have both different amps will give you different sound.

Sep 29, 2021 at 3:47 AM Post #1,140 of 2,990
The current version of Fiio Music I have is 3.0.7 which came installed on my new M11+. I'm willing to try a beta version, so started to download the one from your link. However, I stopped when I got the following message

Google Drive has detected issues with your download
This file is too large for Google to scan for viruses. Would you still like to download this file?
This file is executable and may harm your computer.
FiiO Music Beta21092302.apk (77M)

How can I be sure this file is actually from FiiO and safe ?
Dear friend,

Yes, the apk file is 77MB. And google drive will give that notification when the file is large than 50MB generally. It is safe to download the apk file.
If you are still worried, you could contact us via email. We could send the file to you via email instead.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back