[FiiO M11 Plus LTD/M11 Plus] THXAAA-78,Android 10, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output/4.4 LO output, Dual AK4497/ES9068AS DAC chips, 4GB RAM,64G Flash
Jul 14, 2021 at 6:40 AM Post #541 of 2,991
Last edited:
Jul 14, 2021 at 11:31 AM Post #542 of 2,991
Hello, I finally received FiiO M11+LTD and I have a problem. I am on fw 1.0.2 and FiiO Music APP 3.0.5. The problem is that I cannot change the theme on FiiO Music APP. I only have dark (black) theme, and changing to white or based on cover doesn't do anything at all. I can change default cover and now playing page to spectrum - and it's working fine.
I mean, I can change to other themes, but still have black.
Anyone else having this problem? any solutions? I tried to resetting db, clearing cache, clearing storage to start over and nothing helped.
UPDATE: Problem with themes occurs only on the system dark mode. Imo it should work anyway and it's still a bug in my opinion.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2021 at 1:24 AM Post #544 of 2,991
I just pre-ordered the M11+ to replace my M11 last night from Audio46, and just finished reading this whole thread a few minutes ago. I normally read the owner's threads before buying something, but after my experiences with the all of my Fiio stuff including my M11 the M11+ was an instant no hesitation purchase. I bought the M11 on launch day along with some FH7's, which is IMHO an excellent player and a ridiculous value too relatively speaking... it really spanks my A&K players of old at a small fraction of the price. After reading what the M11+ offered over my M11, I was instantly sold.

Now that I have read this thread though... I am wondering if there will be more M11+s shipped to fill very recent pre-orders, or is the limited stock already oversold, does anyone know? I believe I read in a review that 6000alum+1000SS M11+ units in total would be produced, and due to the death of the AK4497 that would be it forever. From what I have been reading... stock of the M11+ has been an issue, but I am unclear if that was just a short term logistics thing for the first batch, or if perhaps they are all already gone? Based on the previous indications of communications with the resellers, it doesn't seem far fetched that a couple could be doing pre-orders for DAPs because they have not yet been notified that there are none left to sell.

My motivation in asking is that this M11+ is the DAC upgrade I have been looking for with all of the updates that I lusted for in my M11, whereas the M17 is more than I need, and more importantly to me the form factor is not ideal for my use case (it's YUUUUGE lol). So, if these are already basically sold out, then I will begin scouring classifieds, eBay, etc. to locate one ASAP, otherwise I will just wait patiently for a new one (my preferred option).

I very much regret not paying closer attention to the head-fi world for a bit and completely missing out on this release and the opportunity to order from the initial release stock. As is obvious from my Head-Fi profile, I have a head-fi addiction problem and my finances needed a break... but if I had had any idea that this M11+ was coming I would 100% have made an exception, ramen and mac&cheese for a few months is a small price to pay!

Jul 15, 2021 at 3:50 AM Post #545 of 2,991
Hello, I finally received FiiO M11+LTD and I have a problem. I am on fw 1.0.2 and FiiO Music APP 3.0.5. The problem is that I cannot change the theme on FiiO Music APP. I only have dark (black) theme, and changing to white or based on cover doesn't do anything at all. I can change default cover and now playing page to spectrum - and it's working fine.
I mean, I can change to other themes, but still have black.
Anyone else having this problem? any solutions? I tried to resetting db, clearing cache, clearing storage to start over and nothing helped.
UPDATE: Problem with themes occurs only on the system dark mode. Imo it should work anyway and it's still a bug in my opinion.
Dear friend,

Thanks for the feedback. We have reported to the engineer about that problem. Will try to fix this problem in later firmware update.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jul 15, 2021 at 5:45 AM Post #547 of 2,991
Being a generally happy owner so far, I found it odd that when I browse my music library via the folder mode in the FiiO music app, the sorting seems to be following the 8.3 rule rather than the modern win10 long filenaming.

e.g. 123456789.mp3 would be treated as 123456~1.mp3 under the 8.3 rule.

Hence another file with the name 123456780.mp3 would have a 8.3 name as 123456~2.mp3

Which would make the sorting differ if just consider the shorter 8.3 name...

Appreciate if your tech team could take a look to see if this is the case, and perhaps "fix" it to take care with with full filename.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2021 at 6:03 AM Post #549 of 2,991
The number one problem I am having is with Qobuz. When I start a track (downloaded) it starts a half second late. It needs a to buffer just a bit longer or something. Switching to a faster SD card took milliseconds off, it seems a little faster.
I have this problem with all my gear using Qobuz.
Even with my Allo Digione signature.

Jul 15, 2021 at 6:34 AM Post #550 of 2,991
I compared the M11 Plus today with IBasso DX300 - and I can say I don't feel like I'm missing out much at all, infact I might give the win to the M11 when it comes to sound quality.

The Ibasso sound has bit of a sheen to it and bit more mid bass?! It's very clean otherwise and obviously good but going back to the Fiio makes me appreciate it's direct neutral approach - doesn't feel like there is any DSP going on where the ibasso feels a little artificial.. So M11 Plus is more badass in my book, it feels like a more serious honest piece of kit.

Jul 15, 2021 at 8:48 AM Post #552 of 2,991
I compared the M11 Plus today with IBasso DX300 - and I can say I don't feel like I'm missing out much at all, infact I might give the win to the M11 when it comes to sound quality.

The Ibasso sound has bit of a sheen to it and bit more mid bass?! It's very clean otherwise and obviously good but going back to the Fiio makes me appreciate it's direct neutral approach - doesn't feel like there is any DSP going on where the ibasso feels a little artificial.. So M11 Plus is more badass in my book, it feels like a more serious honest piece of kit.
Thanks for your impression about Dx300 Vs Fiio M11 plus. i was trying to get some impression about this comparation.
I like my M11plus, because it sounds good, and everything it does, it does well (bluetooth, wifi, battery, etc)
So, you think that not just a huge diference about the two devices, has some reviews complain?

Jul 15, 2021 at 9:42 AM Post #555 of 2,991
Thanks for your impression about Dx300 Vs Fiio M11 plus. i was trying to get some impression about this comparation.
I like my M11plus, because it sounds good, and everything it does, it does well (bluetooth, wifi, battery, etc)
So, you think that not just a huge diference about the two devices, has some reviews complain?

You might prefer the ibasso sound.. but it wasn't really for me - I'm very sensitive to glare or other digital traits like DSP etc, I could feel the ibasso was trying to do a natural/analogue and refined impression (with a bit of glare on top - like a feeling of smooth glow) and my sensitive ear just detected that a bit like fake DSP going on.. The Fiio M11 Plus just give it to me straight without a trace of digital artefacts or glare (still with a touch of composed politeness). The M11 Plus just sounds reference wide open/direct and honest, and the ibasso was trying to bring something more to the table but didnt quite get there for me.
I also didn't like the look of the ibasso - weird gold volume knob, and slanted side; i didn't quite understand the design language. The M11 Plus looked like a terminator cyborg next to it (cool)

Keep in mind this is only me testing side by side for 1 hour on one set of earphones (Sony IERM7). This is me being very critical - no doubt the ibasso is also very high performance and for some a TOTL dap worthy of consideration.

The only slight minus for the M11 plus is the feeling of slight restraint, as if some of the lower mids dynamics are slightly tapered (THX/feedback amps are know to do this a bit) - there is a sense of slightly restricted music flow, as if the Fiio is so concerned about controlling every aspect of neutrality it doesn't want to completely unleash. I felt the music flowed a little easier/smoother from the IBasso.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back