[FiiO M11 Plus LTD/M11 Plus] THXAAA-78,Android 10, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output/4.4 LO output, Dual AK4497/ES9068AS DAC chips, 4GB RAM,64G Flash
Jul 15, 2021 at 10:14 AM Post #556 of 2,991
You might prefer the ibasso sound.. but it wasn't really for me - I'm very sensitive to glare or other digital traits like DSP etc, I could feel the ibasso was trying to do a natural/analogue and refined impression (with a bit of glare on top - like a feeling of smooth glow) and my sensitive ear just detected that a bit like fake DSP going on.. The Fiio M11 Plus just give it to me straight without a trace of digital artefacts or glare (still with a touch of composed politeness). The M11 Plus just sounds reference wide open/direct and honest, and the ibasso was trying to bring something more to the table but didnt quite get there for me.
I also didn't like the look of the ibasso - weird gold volume knob, and slanted side; i didn't quite understand the design language. The M11 Plus looked like a terminator cyborg next to it (cool)

Keep in mind this is only me testing side by side for 1 hour on one set of earphones (Sony IERM7). This is me being very critical - no doubt the ibasso is also very high performance and for some a TOTL dap worthy of consideration.

The only slight minus for the M11 plus is the feeling of slight restraint, as if some of the lower mids dynamics are slightly tapered (THX/feedback amps are know to do this a bit) - there is a sense of slightly restricted music flow, as if the Fiio is so concerned about controlling every aspect of neutrality it doesn't want to completely unleash. I felt the music flowed a little easier/smoother from the IBasso.
Very, very thanks!
That was my impression when compare fiio vs mine Dx160.
Off course Dx300 must be a step forward.

Jul 15, 2021 at 10:16 AM Post #557 of 2,991
Just as an added bonus. I also compared a Matrix Audio mini -i 3 Pro unit - I could definitely hear the sabre flavour on it (very clean and sparkly but with smooth glow on top), the M11 Plus wiped the floor with it - again just sounded more honest, direct and reference like. Doing comparisons like this made me appreciate what a stellar job Fiio have done here - even with some of the slight issues I've moaned about like a spoilt brat..

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2021 at 1:10 PM Post #560 of 2,991
FYI, I called Audio46 to see if the shipment was enough to cover all preorders, and it looks like maybe not, they *think* that they *might* get another order in mid August, but you know how that goes. I guess I will continue to search everywhere for an M11+ until I actually get a tracking number given the logistics issues don't yet seem resolved. Worst case if the timing ends up that I end up with two... I guess I get a spare one?

Jul 15, 2021 at 6:32 PM Post #561 of 2,991
I had the opportunity to compare M11 ltd and the dx300 today. I have the dx300 but have prepared an extra budget for the possible purchase of an additional cheaper dap. And NO. The M11 lacks dynamics and sounds digital. No way to compare it to the dx300. Ibasso has lush, fluid sound with great separation and stage, great dynamics. I missed too much with the M11. I prefer to keep my old good Pioneer xdp-300r as a second dap. i dont know.. This is third time I audition Fiio dap and its always something not mature with its sound.

Jul 15, 2021 at 7:17 PM Post #563 of 2,991
New M11 Plus LTD owner here. Is anyone able to enable double tap to wake? Per page 36 of the manual there should be a toggle under Settings>Global at the very bottom, but mine (running 1.0.2 out of the box) doesn’t have it available. TIA!
Just received mine today & having the same issue . Reported this to Fiio
1626390975742.png

Jul 15, 2021 at 8:09 PM Post #564 of 2,991
I had the opportunity to compare M11 ltd and the dx300 today. I have the dx300 but have prepared an extra budget for the possible purchase of an additional cheaper dap. And NO. The M11 lacks dynamics and sounds digital. No way to compare it to the dx300. Ibasso has lush, fluid sound with great separation and stage, great dynamics. I missed too much with the M11. I prefer to keep my old good Pioneer xdp-300r as a second dap. i dont know.. This is third time I audition Fiio dap and its always something not mature with its sound.
How's the battery life and Heat on the DX300? Also does it come with a pre-applied screen protector? I'm looking at getting one to try out.

Jul 15, 2021 at 8:19 PM Post #565 of 2,991
How's the battery life and Heat on the DX300? Also does it come with a pre-applied screen protector? I'm looking at getting one to try out.
The battery life is outstaning. It plays like 3h and loses around 20% of digital battery. Analog battery is always around 5-7% more. When it comes to the heat, its always cold. Today i Germany was like 27 degrees, i kept it in my pocket and it was slightly warmer (nowhere near to my samsung s20 which was quite hot). It doesnt come with the screen protector installed, you need to apply it by yourself. It has a couple plastic, standard ones and one temper glass.

Jul 15, 2021 at 11:03 PM Post #567 of 2,991
New M11 Plus LTD owner here. Is anyone able to enable double tap to wake? Per page 36 of the manual there should be a toggle under Settings>Global at the very bottom, but mine (running 1.0.2 out of the box) doesn’t have it available. TIA!

Just received mine today & having the same issue . Reported this to Fiio
1626390975742.png
@FiiO please fix! One addition request, please enable “Dark Theme” to be scheduled sunset to sunrise like with “Night Light.” Thank you!

Jul 15, 2021 at 11:51 PM Post #568 of 2,991
@FiiO please fix! One addition request, please enable “Dark Theme” to be scheduled sunset to sunrise like with “Night Light.” Thank you!
Dear friend,

1. The 'Double tag to wakeup' function is not supported by the M11 Plus LTD function currently. We will add it in later firmware update.
2. We will report your feedback to the engineer and assess about that.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back