[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Feb 8, 2021 at 2:45 PM Post #8,746 of 9,288
Sorry, noob android question here for my M11.

So on the M11 firmware upgrade before 1.1.1, I removed the akpure app in favor of the google store based on the general advise of this forum, since akpure seems to be spamware at best now and we now have the google play store. But perhaps I haven't used the google play store yet and had all my apps installed via akpure.

Today I finally updated to 1.1.1 firmware and I'm trying to see if there are updates for my Tidal app using the google play store, and the google play store wants me to log in. Must I actually register some kind of google ID? Or is the play store supposed to be usable without registering with google? It seems like it will only update chrome and not let me do anything else unless I register.

Feb 8, 2021 at 3:42 PM Post #8,747 of 9,288
Sorry, noob android question here for my M11.

So on the M11 firmware upgrade before 1.1.1, I removed the akpure app in favor of the google store based on the general advise of this forum, since akpure seems to be spamware at best now and we now have the google play store. But perhaps I haven't used the google play store yet and had all my apps installed via akpure.

Today I finally updated to 1.1.1 firmware and I'm trying to see if there are updates for my Tidal app using the google play store, and the google play store wants me to log in. Must I actually register some kind of google ID? Or is the play store supposed to be usable without registering with google? It seems like it will only update chrome and not let me do anything else unless I register.

Yes, you have to have a Google ID for the Play Store.

Feb 9, 2021 at 3:21 AM Post #8,748 of 9,288
so, I did some more testing with the DSF albums. I tried with my headphones and it plays fine. no issues. when I try with a blueetooth speaker in the kitchen (JBL Charge 4) I get the 'format not supported' message

here are the numbers...apologies for grainy image

20210209_080535.jpg

Feb 9, 2021 at 3:32 AM Post #8,749 of 9,288
so, I did some more testing with the DSF albums. I tried with my headphones and it plays fine. no issues. when I try with a blueetooth speaker in the kitchen (JBL Charge 4) I get the 'format not supported' message

here are the numbers...apologies for grainy image

Maybe the speaker doesn't support the files I've had that issue with a headphone amp before

Feb 9, 2021 at 8:53 AM Post #8,751 of 9,288
Hello to everybody. I have one problem with connecting wireless headphones. I stopped seeing LDAC in the top bar. I removed and reinstalled the headphones from the device. Still nothing. I have LDAC checked in the settings.
They are Sony WH-1000XM3.
Does anyone have a similar problem? I think it happened to me after installing the last FW.

Feb 9, 2021 at 11:03 AM Post #8,752 of 9,288
My orginal, applied by Fiio, screen protector on my M11 has cracks & am looking to replace it. Trouble is, I can't find one that fits anywhere. Amazon has a few but with poor reviews. Really looking for a tempered glass screen protector. Can anyone help? I am in the UK!

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2021 at 12:47 AM Post #8,755 of 9,288
Good day guys.

I've been having some problems with the M11 recently. Whenever I use the 4.4mm jack, the button in it seems stuck and won't bounce back properly, so I lost my 3.5mm output whenever that happens. I've tried cleaning it with contact cleaner and isopropyl alcohol, and it didn't solve the issue permanently. Even a slight touch to the inner button will cause it to get stuck again, and I have to repeat the same procedure, and it's annoying. Is there a way to solve this issue?

Also, for @FiiO, is it possible to make a firmware for the M11 that allows all the jacks to be used at the same time like the X7ii does? It doesn't solve the issue, but at least I don't lose functionality with it.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2021 at 5:25 PM Post #8,756 of 9,288
I just got an M11 a couple of days ago. For the most part I consider it quite an improvement over my Cayin N5ii. It is quite brighter than the Cayin. I also found the treble more detailed. However, I sometimes find the treble on some recordings to be a bit harsh. I thought it may be the recordings but they some very smooth on my Galaxy S9/ifi hip dac combo. I have noticed the harshness particularly in some off the choral music that I listen to. I have been playing with the EQ on the Fiio App and UAPP. I lowered 1k,2k by 3db and 4k by 2db. It seems to help. Any eq suggestions will be welcome.

Feb 12, 2021 at 3:06 AM Post #8,758 of 9,288
My orginal, applied by Fiio, screen protector on my M11 has cracks & am looking to replace it. Trouble is, I can't find one that fits anywhere. Amazon has a few but with poor reviews. Really looking for a tempered glass screen protector. Can anyone help? I am in the UK!
You can buy of ebay, there is company protectionfilms24, they ship from germany, but shipping is really fast. I have bough of them before, but not the fiio protectors. All was good, hope this helps :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back