[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jan 23, 2021 at 12:30 PM Post #8,716 of 9,288
That is pretty shocking from them - at the very least they could have cleaned the damn thing!

I got my new M11 from them and no issues, but good to know to steer clear for anything not new!
I missed out on the new m11 from them, due to problems with my PayPal, so they have offered me an alternative 🙈 I wass so pi**ed off when I opened the package as the player clearly has seen some usage. Anyway, lesson learned, no refurbished stuff from them ever again and probably nothing else, because not really the first impressions you want from a shop.
Bought one from ebay now, hoping this one will be better 😃

Jan 24, 2021 at 8:30 AM Post #8,717 of 9,288
Received my "bargain" m11 and it arrived with a broken play button and dirty, and scratched 🙈 Honestly if you are in UK, never buy anything refurbished from advancedmp3, as their "as new" standards are lower than our prime ministers taste in hairstyles 😃 Will have to find another one now, for a reasonable price.

I've bought from them before, both new and used. The only issue I had was when i bought the F5 IEMs open box, the balanced cable did not work. They replaced without fuss.

You should be able to get s full refund without issue. I expect this is s case of them not checking the return carefully enough.

Hope it works out for you.

Out of curiosity, how much was the "bafgain" M11?

Jan 24, 2021 at 8:36 AM Post #8,718 of 9,288
I've bought from them before, both new and used. The only issue I had was when i bought the F5 IEMs open box, the balanced cable did not work. They replaced without fuss.

You should be able to get s full refund without issue. I expect this is s case of them not checking the return carefully enough.

Hope it works out for you.

Out of curiosity, how much was the "bafgain" M11?
Yes they have processed the return for a refund, but I wanted a new toy and I was completely gutted when I opened the package 😃 It was 299£ with 12 months warranty, so if it really was as new or at least properly working it would have been a good deal :)

Jan 24, 2021 at 11:24 AM Post #8,719 of 9,288
Yes they have processed the return for a refund, but I wanted a new toy and I was completely gutted when I opened the package 😃 It was 299£ with 12 months warranty, so if it really was as new or at least properly working it would have been a good deal :)

Yes, that would have been a good deal and must have been a disappointment :frowning2:

They don't normally knock that much off their price!

Jan 24, 2021 at 11:56 AM Post #8,720 of 9,288
Yes, that would have been a good deal and must have been a disappointment :frowning2:

They don't normally knock that much off their price!
Well, I had a normal one on preorder, but I had issues with PayPal and was only able to pay couple days after they got them in stock and they have sold out by then, so they have offered me the returned one with a discount as a compensation. But now I think they only wanted to get rid off the garbage lying around in the office 😃

Jan 24, 2021 at 1:33 PM Post #8,721 of 9,288
Well, I had a normal one on preorder, but I had issues with PayPal and was only able to pay couple days after they got them in stock and they have sold out by then, so they have offered me the returned one with a discount as a compensation. But now I think they only wanted to get rid off the garbage lying around in the office 😃

So I guees they no longer due back in stock due to chip supply?

Jan 24, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #8,722 of 9,288
Jan 24, 2021 at 1:42 PM Post #8,724 of 9,288
Well from the previous communications from Fiio, I doubt we see anything too exciting from the 'upgrade' this year. Fingers crossed for your ebay special!
I too hope this time it will turnout ok :)

Jan 24, 2021 at 4:44 PM Post #8,725 of 9,288
PXL_20210123_123038732~2.jpg

Have to say I'm enjoying my M11

Jan 26, 2021 at 9:41 AM Post #8,726 of 9,288
SO having issues again with the sd card 2 and 1 now. Transferring music and it disconnects and transfer quits. Bout ready to throw this thing in the garbage. Really getting pissed off with it screwing up. Just reformated the sd card but it didnt help and lost the progress i had. Now have to pull the sd cards out and put 800 gb of data back on them.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2021 at 8:48 PM Post #8,728 of 9,288
@FiiO New additions are added out of order.
See Foo Fighters at the top of the start of F
Dear friend,

Does this issue remain even after selecting 'sort by file name' or 'sort by first letter' from the top right corner '...' menu?

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 27, 2021 at 7:08 AM Post #8,729 of 9,288
Dear friend,

Does this issue remain even after selecting 'sort by file name' or 'sort by first letter' from the top right corner '...' menu?

Best regards

@FiiO

Just double checked and yes, they remain out of order after selecting either of the sort options. I have numerous examples so it isn't limited to the one artist example. I have not rescanned the whole library as:
1. It is a large library over 2 x 400GB SD cards
2. I would not believe that would or should be necessary

Same thing happens when I add an album to an existing Artist folder who already has albums in the library. The Artist is moved to the top of the letter list

For example, I had 3 albums under Big Country. I added a 4th album to the device and scanned the folder. Now Big Country sits above Bad Company ?!?!

Thanks

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2021 at 8:11 AM Post #8,730 of 9,288
@FiiO you will also notice that even though I have taken all albums out of the Foo Fighter folder by deleting them from the library and also removing the folders manually afterwards, the library still displays an old album cover in the header instead of the only album listed , as seen in the this screenshot

It has to be done this way because even if you select to remove from library AND delete the files when you are editing the library, it doesn’t delete the files from the SD cards

Attachments

• 4837D515-3A0E-4764-ABA9-3A459156C256.jpeg
    4837D515-3A0E-4764-ABA9-3A459156C256.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back