[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Dec 26, 2020 at 12:47 PM Post #8,626 of 9,288
Dec 27, 2020 at 9:18 PM Post #8,628 of 9,288
It improved slightly but not really enough. Two crashes within 5 minutes. So I have done a factory reset and reinstalled FiiO player 3.0.2 on top of the stock 1.1.x player version.

Will see how it goes.
Dear friend,

If the issue still remains, please contact support@fiio.com with the log files attached:

When the certain problem happens on the player, please go to " Settings ->About device" , and continually tap“Model number", until the prompt "Have save output log to built-in storage" appears. Then please wait for about 20 seconds, and go to player's internal storage, then send these two log files "XXX-kernel-xx.log" and "XXX-system-xx.log" to us for further analysis.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 27, 2020 at 10:14 PM Post #8,629 of 9,288
Dear friend,

If the issue still remains, please contact support@fiio.com with the log files attached:

When the certain problem happens on the player, please go to " Settings ->About device" , and continually tap“Model number", until the prompt "Have save output log to built-in storage" appears. Then please wait for about 20 seconds, and go to player's internal storage, then send these two log files "XXX-kernel-xx.log" and "XXX-system-xx.log" to us for further analysis.

Best regards

Thank you. It seems to happen more often when I have imported playlists .m3u8 , multiple crashes occur. With no playlists it seems not to occur. I will add some playlists and try to recreate.

Dec 28, 2020 at 10:14 AM Post #8,630 of 9,288
Got some IEMs for Christmas. They came with different ends and they are labelled for different things - bass, vocal, balanced etc

Anyone here know if they make much difference ? I don't really want to changing the ends constantly and have plumped for bass ones which give a reasonably snug fit. However there are soft ones which may do the same but will I lose bass ?

New to all this.

Dec 28, 2020 at 11:34 AM Post #8,631 of 9,288
Thank you. It seems to happen more often when I have imported playlists .m3u8 , multiple crashes occur. With no playlists it seems not to occur. I will add some playlists and try to recreate.

Seems to be caused by imported .m3u8 playlists weirdly as ones created within the app are not causing any lag so far.

They never caused issue before but lately that seems the case. Testing between app created ones and those imported seems to at least prove something. For the time being I will only use internally created ones and if the issue reoccurs, that will eliminate that possibility and I will forward log files to FiiO.

Dec 28, 2020 at 4:17 PM Post #8,632 of 9,288
Got some IEMs for Christmas. They came with different ends and they are labelled for different things - bass, vocal, balanced etc

Anyone here know if they make much difference ? I don't really want to changing the ends constantly and have plumped for bass ones which give a reasonably snug fit. However there are soft ones which may do the same but will I lose bass ?

New to all this.
I assume by "ends" you mean the flexible "tips" that go into your ears. Generally, they do make a difference based upon the material and bore diameter. There is no right tip so simply experiment looking for one that both sounds best to you and is also comfortable over time. If none are working, there are many aftermarket brands to choose from including Spinfit and Comply to name two.

Dec 29, 2020 at 6:40 PM Post #8,633 of 9,288
Hi everyone,
Apologies if this has been discussed already - ran a few searches here and in Google and couldn't find a definitive answer or any real help.

I have two micro SD cards built out with an A-Z file structure, with each artist inside the folders also listed alphabetically. See first attached photo for how this looks on my Mac desktop. I haven't had any issues on the desktop or in my previous player (the Astell & Kern KANN) but I just got an M11 today and am finding that the FIIO music app has these folders out of order alphabetically, which is frustrating as I sunk hours of time into the file management here. See an attached photo for an example of what the FIIO music app is doing...

I'm noticing that certain newer additions for artists/folders are what show up at the bottom main list, even though I've followed the same alphabetical file structure each time I add something new over the last few months. In the app I've also changed sorting by a-z and by file name several times, to no avail. It's as if it's sorting everything a-z and then by a-z again but factoring in "date modified" even though there's no way to sort or turn that kind of sorting off.

Any suggestions here? I keep trying to play with the folders that are having issues, but nothing is working...

EDIT- I just updated to version 3.0.2. and still having the same issue.

Attachments

• 01 Correct.png
    01 Correct.png
    32.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 02 Fiio Incorrect.jpeg
    02 Fiio Incorrect.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 30, 2020 at 11:42 AM Post #8,637 of 9,288
I spent the night re-copying folders back to my cards from my backup drives, and this, at first glance, corrected the alphabetical issue in the local files read. However, I added a new band (Skepticism) to the S folder and it went straight to the bottom of the file list. However, I also added Jon Spencer Blues Explosion under the J folder, and that sits where it belongs. Same process, no differences.

Driving me a little crazy here - has *anyone* else experienced this issue?

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2020 at 1:43 PM Post #8,639 of 9,288
Structure is not concerned .. Tags are probably the faulty origin .. structure can be complex
With a software like MP3tags it's easy to correct names for sorting purpose..
Usually, file structure on SD has almost nothing to do with sorting songs in Music players. Assuming first directory must be called Music.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2020 at 2:07 PM Post #8,640 of 9,288
My folders are build like this:

SD Card 1 -> Folders A-J
SD Card 2 -> Folders J-Z

In each letter folder, lives another folder for artist. In that folder are folders for albums/singles, what have you. Attaching a quick screenshot of how things are organized a little deeper, for anyone curious.

I'll note again that in a Mac Finder, everything appears as it should. In my Astell & Kern KANN, it does as well. It even reads properly in order when viewing the folders on the storage tab of the main settings page (just checked this as well).

@newworld666 - I'm confused about why it would be tag-related if the Fiio Music app hasn't run a scan yet? This is strictly looking at the folder hierarchy in the Local Music tab of the music app, and trying to pick a folder out of there to just start basic listening.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 2.06.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 2.06.26 PM.png
    191.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back