[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Oct 1, 2020 at 2:35 AM Post #8,433 of 9,288
Downloaded from FiiO site and installed locally. Design is nice but is seems to be slower.
Especially annoying, when fast scrolling through the albums, it shows for a moment generic empty FiiO album icons, until the album thumbnail appears. I thought it might be just for the first time, until the thumbnail database is built, but it seems to be the case every time.

Fiio app V3.jpeg

Oct 1, 2020 at 12:37 PM Post #8,436 of 9,288
Downloaded from FiiO site and installed locally. Design is nice but is seems to be slower.
Especially annoying, when fast scrolling through the albums, it shows for a moment generic empty FiiO album icons, until the album thumbnail appears. I thought it might be just for the first time, until the thumbnail database is built, but it seems to be the case every time.

Same here. I'm experiencing slowness when compared to V2 of the app. It was never as quick as say Poweramp or as smooth, but it does seem slower to me. I thought it would be a cache issue but it hasn't speeded up after use this morning.

Also, still no support for embedded lyrics in track files. Plus a few more crashes when youre too quick around the GUI ( this seems to improve with interim updates so let's hope)

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2020 at 7:14 AM Post #8,438 of 9,288
Hello all.
I am considering the M11 for streaming Tidal incl full MQA.

I have a few questions.

1.I note the EQ cannot be use.
But... Can the "Balance control" be used ? I have reduced hearing in one ear, and cannot find a hardware solution !

i.e. is it 'system wide' or is it greyed out once the Tidal app is running ?

2. Can it download and play Tidal in offline mode, to save power ?

3. How does battery life compare between playing 'locally stored files' with wireless turned off, to streaming MQA Tidal tracks.

4. Can you listen via headphone port while it is charging by usb port or do you hear noise ?

Thank you to anyone who can find time to answer these questions.

I I tend to run the 3.5mm output to a headphone amp (maybe a Schiit or JDS Labs Atom, connected to AKG 702s.

👍👍👍

Oct 4, 2020 at 3:59 PM Post #8,439 of 9,288
Hello all.
I am considering the M11 for streaming Tidal incl full MQA.

I have a few questions.

1.I note the EQ cannot be use.
But... Can the "Balance control" be used ? I have reduced hearing in one ear, and cannot find a hardware solution !

i.e. is it 'system wide' or is it greyed out once the Tidal app is running ?

2. Can it download and play Tidal in offline mode, to save power ?

3. How does battery life compare between playing 'locally stored files' with wireless turned off, to streaming MQA Tidal tracks.

4. Can you listen via headphone port while it is charging by usb port or do you hear noise ?

Thank you to anyone who can find time to answer these questions.

I I tend to run the 3.5mm output to a headphone amp (maybe a Schiit or JDS Labs Atom, connected to AKG 702s.

👍👍👍
1. Yes, the balance control is working with Tidal, being system based.
2. Yes, offline mode is perfectly working.
3. Once you switch off the WiFi, you can significantly save the battery.
4. Yes, you can. No noise.

Oct 4, 2020 at 4:16 PM Post #8,440 of 9,288
I tested the latest 3.0.1 version of the FiiO app and sorry @FiiO - this app is a SHAME for you!

German unlauts (ä,ö,ü for example) are chinese chars....What? NOT yet fixed after "thousand" comments and reported postings? Is this a joke?

WHERE is the better sorting with the 3.0.1 app?
No genre -> artist -> album sorting, just a simple genre -> album sorting...
I have a genre "techno" with 4509 songs! and many, many artists & albums!
App crashed several times after picking a title of "recent playing".

My question to you: WHAT did you changed with this version? I can't see any updates from 2 -> 3.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2020 at 5:06 PM Post #8,442 of 9,288
1. Yes, the balance control is working with Tidal, being system based.
2. Yes, offline mode is perfectly working.
3. Once you switch off the WiFi, you can significantly save the battery.
4. Yes, you can. No noise.

Hi.
Are you 100 percent you can access the Balance control once the Tidal app is up and running ?
400 GBP is a lot to spend.

If it is, I give you many thanks for replying 😁😁👍👍👍

Oct 4, 2020 at 7:05 PM Post #8,443 of 9,288
I own the basic M11 and just received my first ever "custom" 4.4mm cable for my Etymotic ER4SR iems. Ordered from lunashops a while back: 16 conductors, 8-silverplated/8-copper, about $60 USD. Is there a way to check for proper wiring using a multi-meter? Sound isn't quite what I was expecting and wonder if connection(s) may be crossed. Thanks! Charlie

Oct 5, 2020 at 7:18 PM Post #8,445 of 9,288
New to the m11, so I have a question - have a few thousand files on my SSD but nothing on the internal storage - how do I move the SSD stored files to the internal storage? And the Samsung driver does not allow me to connect to the PC - the driver installed, and I can see the m11, just cannot move any files to it. The SSD works file, and all the music is scanned, but... just prefer the music on the internal storage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back