[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Nov 7, 2019 at 5:07 AM Post #7,126 of 9,288
I plugged mine into Arcam irdac ii via usb using the otg adapter that came with my Samsung s9, it worked fine. I also bought a usb c otg dongle that has PD power delivery to try and charge the fiio while it was connected to Arcam asynchronously, it would either charge or stream to the dac not both at the same time.

Nov 7, 2019 at 5:59 AM Post #7,127 of 9,288
I plugged mine into Arcam irdac ii via usb using the otg adapter that came with my Samsung s9, it worked fine. I also bought a usb c otg dongle that has PD power delivery to try and charge the fiio while it was connected to Arcam asynchronously, it would either charge or stream to the dac not both at the same time.
It suddenly occured to me that the DAC portion of the O2+SDAC has to be powered using USB, so perhaps the USB C port on the M11 isn't able to provide more than 5v 500mA? That would also explain why it works only with the USB C dongle only when power is provided.

@FiiO

Nov 7, 2019 at 6:54 AM Post #7,128 of 9,288
Hi guys, Im wondering if anyone can help me with two questions:

1) I have a car that I''m trying to connect the M11 using the Android Auto but cannot use it as I need Google Play services, is there an alternative or any way around this?
2) My M11 has been restarting a lot lately, has anyone else experienced this and if so whats a the fix?

Also has anyone upgraded to the pro yet and if so is worth the jump?

Thanks guys

To hook the M11 up to my old-ish truck which has no fancy stuff or built-in receiver for wireless, I use a the line-in jack that my radio has in the console.
I've also experimented with the el-cheapo 12 volt gizmos that receive bluetooth and transmit FM radio to the receiver, but these can be a pain in the butt if you can't find an unused FM frequency.

The line-in jack is best quality, not that it matters for me, my M11 far outclasses my truck's stereo system.

Nov 7, 2019 at 8:55 AM Post #7,129 of 9,288
I don't know, my wife nicknamed the M11 the "high-end Solitaire player". :sweat_smile: (She always steals my phone to play solitaire and when the M11 came in and I said it was Android she just asked... "But does it play Solitaire?")
Does it?

Nov 7, 2019 at 9:44 AM Post #7,131 of 9,288
I use a set of Bower & Wilkins P9 Signature headphones, they are single ended and as far as I know cannot be modded to be balanced.
My question is would an adaptor that would enable me to connect single ended headphones into either the 2.5 or 4.5mm balanced output
1. Damage my headphones
2. Give any benefit from using the higher output levels of balanced.

Hi oHOWEo,
You can buy a balanced cable from the seller: mavismodz6 on eBay. He is based in the UK and can customise the cable for you with either a 2.5mm or 4.5mm connection based on your request. I have bought loads of cables from him over the years and have had no issues. I can definitely vouch that the cable I purchased from him for my P9s significantly improved using balanced over SE on my M11!

Nov 7, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #7,132 of 9,288
Hi oHOWEo,
You can buy a balanced cable from the seller: mavismodz6 on eBay. He is based in the UK and can customise the cable for you with either a 2.5mm or 4.5mm connection based on your request. I have bought loads of cables from him over the years and have had no issues. I can definitely vouch that the cable I purchased from him for my P9s significantly improved using balanced over SE on my M11!

+1 for mavismodz. Excellent quality and service.

Nov 7, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #7,133 of 9,288
Hi oHOWEo,

Thanks for the info!
Adding a balanced cable won't make the headphones balanced correct?? Is the sound quality upgrade purly from giving the headphones more power out of the balanced port of the Fiio?

Nov 7, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #7,134 of 9,288
Thanks for the info!
Adding a balanced cable won't make the headphones balanced correct?? Is the sound quality upgrade purly from giving the headphones more power out of the balanced port of the Fiio?

The headphones need to have separate channels for each ear in order to benefit from the balanced connections on the M11. If your headphones have separate inputs for each ear, likely there is an OEM or third-party cable that will have the 2.5mm balanced or 4.4mm/Pentacon plug for that headphone.

Nov 8, 2019 at 2:15 AM Post #7,135 of 9,288
Hello all, may I ask a question.....
I have used M11 since May, but now my player keeps appearing the same problem:
the player suddenly crash, mostly happened when I keep pressing "forward" several times to select the next song I wanna listen
(no playlist setting, play all and random play)
do you guys know the reason why? It's quite annoying to me.......

or any third party player app can replace the FIIO player if it cannot be solved the above problem?

Many thanks.

Nov 8, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #7,136 of 9,288
the player suddenly crash, mostly happened when I keep pressing "forward" several times to select the next song I wanna listen

or any third party player app can replace the FIIO player if it cannot be solved the above problem?

Many thanks.

I have the HiBy app on my M11, works great for me when I use it. Also, use it as part of the work around do I can use Amazon music HD on the M11.

There are others, that cost etc
But happy with HiBy here.

Nov 9, 2019 at 3:27 AM Post #7,137 of 9,288
A question: Fiio Q5s is a Bluetooth and USB receiver. M11 can also be used as a Bluetooth and USB receiver in addition M11 can also play audio at its own thanks to its DAP function. So can it be said that M11 is strictly more advanced device of the Q5s ( can do everything the Q5s and does and more) ?
Dear friend,
1.From the use of matching, Q5s must be more widely used, and the decoding specifications are higher; but M11 is a player which is a integrated solution.
2.From the audio processing, the dedicated decoder amp is better than the same DAC player, just like the desktop machine principle, the comprehensive function of the DAP with amplifier products is average.If it is divided into three machines: player, DAC, amplifier so each machine is more expensive than the integrated machine because it is more dedicated. This is a special usage, so the sound quality will be better.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 9, 2019 at 3:34 AM Post #7,138 of 9,288

Many thanks.
Dear friend,

Did you try the factory restore to see if it helps?

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back