[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Oct 30, 2019 at 7:04 PM Post #7,096 of 9,288
I use a set of Bower & Wilkins P9 Signature headphones, they are single ended and as far as I know cannot be modded to be balanced.
My question is would an adaptor that would enable me to connect single ended headphones into either the 2.5 or 4.5mm balanced output
1. Damage my headphones
2. Give any benefit from using the higher output levels of balanced.

Oct 30, 2019 at 7:29 PM Post #7,097 of 9,288
I use a set of Bower & Wilkins P9 Signature headphones, they are single ended and as far as I know cannot be modded to be balanced.
My question is would an adaptor that would enable me to connect single ended headphones into either the 2.5 or 4.5mm balanced output
1. Damage my headphones
2. Give any benefit from using the higher output levels of balanced.
You cant go from single ended to balanced, you can only go the other way around...

Question for the people that have the Fiio FH7, do they hiss with the M11 or M11 Pro??

Oct 31, 2019 at 3:34 AM Post #7,103 of 9,288
I'd like to learn the sound quality of the Bluetooth receiver mode. Can you do the following test for me?
-Play a song from the M11 itself
-Play the same song from your smartphone and stream it to the M11 by Blutooth receiver mode. (Use the same audio file or the same music service such as TIDAL.)

- Compare the sound quality of the two sound outputs

Thanks !

Oct 31, 2019 at 4:28 AM Post #7,105 of 9,288
Thanks, I would assume is the same for the pro version.

edit: what do we know about the MQA Tidal support? Will it come?
I would assume so, given the THX amp design is supposed to lower noise floor. Not sure about MQA, don’t quite see the point of supporting it in FiiO Music when the vast majority of MQA is only available through Tidal (which isn’t supported).

Oct 31, 2019 at 4:44 AM Post #7,106 of 9,288
I would assume so, given the THX amp design is supposed to lower noise floor. Not sure about MQA, don’t quite see the point of supporting it in FiiO Music when the vast majority of MQA is only available through Tidal (which isn’t supported).
Ohh, so MQA in tidal app isn’t supported? Wow I guess that’s a no go for me :frowning2: I’m moving to tidal almost exclusively and that’s a feature I need/want :,(

Oct 31, 2019 at 5:13 AM Post #7,107 of 9,288
Ohh, so MQA in tidal app isn’t supported? Wow I guess that’s a no go for me :frowning2: I’m moving to tidal almost exclusively and that’s a feature I need/want :,(
Only the first unfold, and as far as I know, it doesn’t play back in true hi-res (24/96) on the M11 anyway (no DTA) whereas it does on the R6 Pro I’m using now (can see the bitrate displayed on the player). And no hardware support for MQA in Tidal in the M11 Pro (yet).

Oct 31, 2019 at 5:19 AM Post #7,108 of 9,288
Only the first unfold, and as far as I know, it doesn’t play back in true hi-res (24/96) on the M11 anyway (no DTA) whereas it does on the R6 Pro I’m using now (can see the bitrate displayed on the player). And no hardware support for MQA in Tidal in the M11 Pro (yet).
Thanks gLer, I guess I will have to look somewhere else, I’m having a hard time deciding on a new dap an I was settled on the fiios (one of them) but it seems it’s not what I was looking for...

Oct 31, 2019 at 8:52 AM Post #7,109 of 9,288
I have a set of KZ-ZS10Pro IEMs. I replaced the single ended cable with a balanced cable. This seems to work fine and to my ears they sound better.
Are you saying I should not do this please?

Thanks

-Mat

Where/what kind of cable did you end up getting? I think I'm gonna get the KZ ZS10 PRO with my FiiO (who am I going to lie to, I'll end up getting the BLON 03 and Tin T2 as well in the future)

Oct 31, 2019 at 9:25 AM Post #7,110 of 9,288
Where/what kind of cable did you end up getting? I think I'm gonna get the KZ ZS10 PRO with my FiiO (who am I going to lie to, I'll end up getting the BLON 03 and Tin T2 as well in the future)
I bought this from Amazon:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07SRBZQM6?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title
Make sure you get the qdc connector for the KZ ZS10pros.
I also have a pair of T2pros and just ordered the same cable for them too but obviously the mmcx connector.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back