[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Aug 2, 2019 at 5:52 AM Post #5,491 of 9,288
What a laugh - they don't recommend the M11 for anyone who primarily uses IEMs! Apparently it has noticeable electronic hiss, even in low gain. Huh? Is this the same M11 I'm using? Maybe with the Andromeda and other subsonic output impedance IEMs, but not for anything with reasonable (>16ohm) impedance.

m11.jpg

I regret my first response to their video was a bit "assault-ish". But they confirmed that their recommendation is based on using Andromedas.

Aug 2, 2019 at 5:53 AM Post #5,492 of 9,288
On a screenshoot with a Chinesse text there is:

"In Just a few simple steps, you will be able to-
FLAC: Has 1 million CD albums
Hi-Res: Perfect decoding of 24-bit Hi-Res sources
DSD: Original code output DSD (please expect)
Get HiFi music recommendations and comments"

From Google Translate.

Thanks buddy

I dont plan on using the app just showing its there and it needs a easy way to change the languages

Aug 2, 2019 at 5:54 AM Post #5,493 of 9,288
m11.jpg

I regret my first response to their video was a bit "assault-ish". But they confirmed that their recommendation is based on using Andromedas.

The andromeDIva I am now calling them :p

Aug 2, 2019 at 5:56 AM Post #5,494 of 9,288
Thanks buddy

I dont plan on using the app just showing its there and it needs a easy way to change the languages

And with WiFi on, app wants to log in to it, and I does not see any option to change language here.

Looks like some chinesse streaming app for hi-res audio. Not connected with Viper4Android I think.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2019 at 6:01 AM Post #5,495 of 9,288
And with WiFi on, app wants to log in to it, and I does not see any option to change language here.

Thanks again for the efforts buddy, Really the testers at FiiO should have noticed a chinese only app before international release.

Aug 2, 2019 at 6:25 AM Post #5,496 of 9,288
@FiiO Will you be making any update to the EQ within the the fiio app as It barly makes any change to the sound, also the ability to save more than 1 user preset would be nice.

I love the M11 but hate having to spend more to get an EQ that make a difference.

Have a great friday

Juj
You know we normally see eye to eye, but on this one I reckon if you need more than what the FiiO EQ gives you, you’re using the wrong IEMs or headphones. Listen with the FH7 and you’ll hear what I mean :wink:

Fully agree with more than one preset. Also, search and find RE:EQ. Cool little app that gives you system wide EQ with many more settings and a much more pronounced effect.

Aug 2, 2019 at 6:26 AM Post #5,497 of 9,288
Oh the Viper is there hidden in the widgets but.................................. its in chinese so no idea whats going on
This is not the same as Viper FX that’s included on some other DAPs. This is a Chinese music site, whereas Viper FX is a full blown effects and EQ app.

Aug 2, 2019 at 6:28 AM Post #5,498 of 9,288
m11.jpg

So they detect hiss with the world’s most sensitive IEMs and then make a blanket statement like “we don’t recommend the M11 for use with IEMs”? These guys are clowns.

Aug 2, 2019 at 7:44 AM Post #5,499 of 9,288
You know we normally see eye to eye, but on this one I reckon if you need more than what the FiiO EQ gives you, you’re using the wrong IEMs or headphones. Listen with the FH7 and you’ll hear what I mean :wink:

Fully agree with more than one preset. Also, search and find RE:EQ. Cool little app that gives you system wide EQ with many more settings and a much more pronounced effect.

Its for the Audeze LCD2CB :) FH5 have been awesome today at the hospital no EQ required

Aug 2, 2019 at 7:50 AM Post #5,501 of 9,288
Wow you’re running and LCD off a dap? Good job! I’m not that brave. Usually those things need a coal fired amp to sound right :p

Feel better!

M11 to JDS Lab's Atom for the LCD2CB :)

I was looking for a standalone DAC but........................... M11 what else is there to say :p

Aug 2, 2019 at 8:03 AM Post #5,502 of 9,288
I wonder what the reviewers do in the time before an item comes.

I would look at the M11 and see 16Ω recomendation and then ignor it and use andromediva's 12.8Ω.

NO I would not I would look for a better suited IEM something with a high Impedance.

30 seconds reseach got that info but it looks like a lot of reviewers do not take this smple action.

Audiohobo rant over sorry

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2019 at 8:13 AM Post #5,505 of 9,288
So they detect hiss with the world’s most sensitive IEMs and then make a blanket statement like “we don’t recommend the M11 for use with IEMs”? These guys are clowns.

Why? They should maybe add a "if you're using low impedance IEMs". But they are somehow right. I own a pair of KZ AS10 (not my regular portable IEMs though) and theres noticeable hiss. That didnt happen with other DAP. I wonder if it can be corrected via firmware. Like, to lower the noise floor (maybe I'm just talking nonsense) as the specs here are better than other DAPs without the "problem".

On a side note, I think the M11 is the way to go overall. :) Its a win win in terms of value for money, sound, construction quality, design... Only "flaws" I'd point would be the noise floor thing and the "recommended software", i.e., FiiO Music App: it doesnt let you take everything the unit has to offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back