[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Aug 2, 2019 at 8:22 AM Post #5,507 of 9,288
You know we normally see eye to eye, but on this one I reckon if you need more than what the FiiO EQ gives you, you’re using the wrong IEMs or headphones. Listen with the FH7 and you’ll hear what I mean :wink:

Fully agree with more than one preset. Also, search and find RE:EQ. Cool little app that gives you system wide EQ with many more settings and a much more pronounced effect.
Haven't tried that one, is it WiseSchematics one?

Aug 2, 2019 at 8:37 AM Post #5,510 of 9,288
Tried almost all the music players available for Android and now back to FiiO App. None of the EQs is as effective as on Cowon.
Onkyo Music app has a nice eq.

Aug 2, 2019 at 8:53 AM Post #5,513 of 9,288
Aug 2, 2019 at 8:58 AM Post #5,515 of 9,288
it is better to use M11 with android 7 than DX150 with terrible bugs on android 8.1

Personlay yes I had 2 DX150's that needed to be returned out the box where as my M11 a few bugs but with 1.0.6 software for me they are all gone.

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:26 AM Post #5,520 of 9,288
Why? They should maybe add a "if you're using low impedance IEMs". But they are somehow right. I own a pair of KZ AS10 (not my regular portable IEMs though) and theres noticeable hiss. That didnt happen with other DAP. I wonder if it can be corrected via firmware. Like, to lower the noise floor (maybe I'm just talking nonsense) as the specs here are better than other DAPs without the "problem".
Because as a “professional” review site they should know that saying something like “we can’t recommend the M11 if you’re primarily using IEMs” (which I’d argue the majority of people with DAPs are using) is just plain wrong! Had they said “be careful with ultra-sensitive IEMs with an output impedance below 16 ohms (which is what FiiO recommends in the specs, by the way), then ok, but they didn’t. Very unprofessional and downright misleading if you ask me.

Not that It affects me, but people with far less experience will take that comment at face value and simply miss out on a better deal.

By the way your AS10 has an impedance of 14 ohms (as I’m sure you know) which is below FiiO’s recommended spec for the M11.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back