[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jul 29, 2019 at 5:32 PM Post #5,251 of 9,288
Lol no, I mean physically hurt my ears. They're very sensitive- probably from wearing iems for so many years that I look for tiny light iems. If they are too big, too heavy, or the nozzle is too thick I just can't tolerate them.

akt8ieii are tiny and very light, so I'm very limited unfortunately. That's why I tried the tin audio p1s- they looked small. But they were a bit too heavy and didn't sound close to my beyers.
Ah, fair enough. Sorry to hear that. Although I was never a great fan of IEMs before, the FH5 and now the FH7 with their silky smooth shape, light weight and shallow insert nozzle are the most comfortable IEMs I’ve ever tried, especially with Spiral Dot silicone tips. Any IEM that hopes to compete for my attention will have to be at least this comfortable. No point sounding great but hurting your ears after a few minutes wear.

Jul 29, 2019 at 5:40 PM Post #5,252 of 9,288
Lol no, I mean physically hurt my ears. They're very sensitive- probably from wearing iems for so many years that I look for tiny light iems. If they are too big, too heavy, or the nozzle is too thick I just can't tolerate them.

akt8ieii are tiny and very light, so I'm very limited unfortunately. That's why I tried the tin audio p1s- they looked small. But they were a bit too heavy and didn't sound close to my beyers.

Bummer bro maybe look at the RHA CL2 they are 9 gram without cable but that comes from your wallet at 800 pound

https://www.rha-audio.com/uk/products/headphones/cl2-planar

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2019 at 6:03 PM Post #5,253 of 9,288
Bummer bro maybe look at the RHA CL2 they are 9 gram without cable but that comes from your wallet at 800 pound

https://www.rha-audio.com/uk/products/headphones/cl2-planar

Thanks, but I was interested in hearing a planar with the p1 and at the price I thought I could sell my 900 dollar akt8ieii to a friend who has been bugging me to sell them to him. But I didn't really like the sound compared to the akt8ieii. The Tesla driver sounds really good, I thought the p1 might sound close but no.

So I'm good :wink:

Jul 29, 2019 at 9:07 PM Post #5,254 of 9,288
Wondered if in pure music mode any Android settings you may have set up like your filter or balance are shut off and only straight music from Fiio app plays? Does the pure music mode save battery life? Could be my imagination but it seemed the pure music mode sounded a tiny bit softer than the regular mode.

Jul 30, 2019 at 3:15 AM Post #5,256 of 9,288
Wondered if in pure music mode any Android settings you may have set up like your filter or balance are shut off and only straight music from Fiio app plays? Does the pure music mode save battery life? Could be my imagination but it seemed the pure music mode sounded a tiny bit softer than the regular mode.

In the "Pure mode" all settings are saved. "Pure music" is a kind of shell for the M11 device created for convenience (when you turn on the device, Fiio music immediately opens) It does not change any settings, everything is the same, but without the Android desktop.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2019 at 4:15 AM Post #5,262 of 9,288
Trolls don’t need to listen to type :wink:

Screenshot_20190730-091422[1].png

:p

Jul 30, 2019 at 5:32 AM Post #5,264 of 9,288
Has anyone is using m11 with some separate amplifier to get low end bass boost? As i don't like any software equalizer, wanted to have this clear unchanged m11 sound from it's good dac with a little more pronounced low end as it is too neutral for me. Heard someone used it with oriolus300 tube amplifier. It should give enough boost in low end so perhaps this is the way to go. So anyone have tried m11 to use with some amp to get this. It could be possible achievet with some bassier iems but it is should be heard before deciding.

Jul 30, 2019 at 5:51 AM Post #5,265 of 9,288
Has anyone is using m11 with some separate amplifier to get low end bass boost? As i don't like any software equalizer, wanted to have this clear unchanged m11 sound from it's good dac with a little more pronounced low end as it is too neutral for me. Heard someone used it with oriolus300 tube amplifier. It should give enough boost in low end so perhaps this is the way to go. So anyone have tried m11 to use with some amp to get this. It could be possible achievet with some bassier iems but it is should be heard before deciding.

I use a jds labs atom at my desk for my Audeze LCD2CB I feel the sound is a little better in the lows, but this could all be a placebo I cant say but what I can say is I like it :)

Sorry I'm confused you want clean sound but want to distort it with a tube amp ?

Different Amps will output different ohms and this will affect the sound of the headphone. I'm no audio engineer tho so if someone knows better sorry :)

If you are looking for a porable amp you might want to look at something like the new FiiO Q5s with a bass boost. (not out yet :frowning2: )

Sorry if I was rude, medication makes me soso

Hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back