[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jul 29, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #5,221 of 9,288
So I should do a factory reset after getting new firmware. Will this reset erase my sd card music and do I need to physically remove my card from player before doing the reset? Thanks

No sd card should be safe I left mine in, if you have any apps or other data on the M11 you want to keep move it to the sd tho.

Hope this helps

Jul 29, 2019 at 11:50 AM Post #5,223 of 9,288
try factory reset buddy fixed for me :)

Also hide the apps in a folder (app tray )

No sd card should be safe I left mine in, if you have any apps or other data on the M11 you want to keep move it to the sd tho.

Hope this helps
Well I have the hubby app-can I move it to the sd card and after reset move it back to player storage?(don't want it taking up sd card room)--How would I move the app or should I just reload it?

Jul 29, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #5,224 of 9,288
Jul 29, 2019 at 12:16 PM Post #5,226 of 9,288
How is pure music a pro for you if you don’t use it ?

My main screen is blank apart from the bottom row of 4 applications with the rest including clock etc on screen two
I do not use the "pure music" function, but it is not superfluous, its presence is good.
At the expense of applications on the screen - I liked more when all applications were hidden in a separate place on the device. I do not like to place applications on the second screen. I would prefer to have one screen on which I, at my own discretion, placed the labels of only the applications I need. On firmware 1.0.5 this was fine.
It does not bother me, but earlier it was better:) With firmware 1.0.6 you can live, but there is less opportunity for personalization.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2019 at 12:50 PM Post #5,229 of 9,288
Which is better Neutron or poweramp for m11. Are they much better than the Fiio app.

Just a sugestion have you tried Hiby as its free, I personaly liked Neutron tho before my trail ended it had an excellent eq but I dont want to spend more money as I'm in audiohobo saving mode

Jul 29, 2019 at 12:59 PM Post #5,231 of 9,288
Upgraded to latest firmware and are listening very carefull , the sound had changed a little bit , overal sound stage is tichter better bass control highs everso smooth ad silk.

I say it sounded a tad lesser with the previous firmware.

The added filter that i am listening to now sound realy good.

No listening fatige of what so ever.

Jul 29, 2019 at 1:00 PM Post #5,232 of 9,288
Some guy earlier was saying how much better Pure Music mode is because it keeps Android out of the FiiO music app but I still don't know what the difference is launching the app using the icon left over from 1.0.5 and opening Pure Music Mode - can anyone explain !

Also another guy was saying that any flagship FiiO model must have Play Store support so I want to reach out to FiiO who I have seen posting here and also new visitors that might be put off buying the M11 by trying to redress the balance a bit. I am sure I am not alone in enjoying not being sync'd the whole time with email and stuff and so far I have managed to get any app I have wanted without Play Services.

Lastly, a lot of today's posts have made me giggle. I got my first mp3 player some time around the millennium and there were only 2 or 3 models available in the UK then. Everyone was on xda developers and despite all the money and intellectual effort FiiO have invested in taking the hardware to a completely new level there is one area where nothing has changed - half the conversations then and now consist of endless discussions about file and naming structure. If the same effort had been spent on that there would be just one system that everyone loves :wink:

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #5,233 of 9,288
Some guy earlier was saying how much better Pure Music mode is because it keeps Android out of the FiiO music app but I still don't know what the difference is launching the app using the icon left over from 1.0.5 and opening Pure Music Mode - can anyone explain !

3. What's the difference between Android and Pure Music mode?
A:In Android Mode, the Android homescreen is available and third party apps may be launched;In Pure Music Mode, the Android homescreen is not available and the player starts directly in FiiO Music as a pure music player for fast, direct and stable operation.
from https://www.fiio.com/newsinfo/50160.html

Jul 29, 2019 at 1:48 PM Post #5,234 of 9,288
Hiby app has a stuttering UI experience for me which puts me off using it. FiiO app to me sounds cleaner, Poweramp sounds dirtier - can’t think of a better way to describe it. Haven’t tried Neutron. UI ain’t Onkyo was clean and simple sounded fine, but the adverts put me off the free version.

If you like to fiddle until the cows come home, Neutron looks the business. There is an argument that the more you fiddle and adjust parameters and dsps the further away you are from how the music is supposed to sound. However I do like to adjust a little bit of EQ and tone to my tastes.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back