[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jul 24, 2019 at 9:42 PM Post #4,607 of 9,288
@JamesFiiO
Hello

There are so many things to love about the M11, and just a very few not to.

Every time I purchase a new Fiio player I ask for the same thing perhaps hoping against hope.

I pray tenacity and sheer determination prevail lest all faith is lost and the ship abandoned.

So, here it is: does it not make sense that we click the Artist category and are presented with albums, or, tick a (non existent ) box for the list of all songs by that artist?

From there we would be able to select any songs or albums for play to the (also non existent) Now Playing cue or some other playlist?

Actually Hiby executes this quite well, among others, you can add songs or albums from virtually anywhere to the current playing list. This is what I pray for.

The icing would be the ability to drag and change the order.

If some of you M11 owners agree please let the Fiio team know.

Jul 24, 2019 at 11:55 PM Post #4,608 of 9,288
I found another bug (or it is a feature? :wink: ), so what do you think about preparing a list of bugs found in current / future firmware version? Believe Fiio's representatives have insight in this trhead and may get this list for consideration.

List of bugs found in current (1.0.6) FW:
1. User can not remove widgets from Home Screens in Launcher3 app (default launcher application). While moving widgets on the screen, button to remove it is visible, but moving widgets to it does not activate it.
2. I found, that when playing tracks in shuffle mode, pressing Next button goes to random next track (but we can go back to previos and go further to the same next track many times), but when swiping album art to the left (swipe left) next song is not randomly selected, but next song from actual playlist / queue is played :)
3. User uses other launcher application and set it as default. When user goes back from Pure Music mode to Android Mode, Launcher3 application is opened instead of defaulted launcher application.

That is all for now.

Re- n. 2. This should NOT change - this is a badly needed feature. I am still waiting for album shuffle as well, which was disappointingly not implemented in the last update.

Jul 25, 2019 at 12:59 AM Post #4,609 of 9,288
@FiiO

My one major grip with the Fiio music software is that they use an awful ABC system as a sidebar.

It is a fairly useless and ugly feature and should be replaced by a slider bar in all cases:

1) To be able to use the ABC system you need to know what you are seeking, in which case you have the global search function; ie, you cannot actually browse with it specifically
2) In my case I have numbered my albums eg.... 00001 Eliminator, 00002 Best of Barclay James Harvest, etc, thus the ABC system is useless.
3) It deplaces the screen icons when it clunks on and off in use, which is very unaesthetic.

Please consider using a slider bar in album, track and artist views

Jul 25, 2019 at 1:21 AM Post #4,610 of 9,288
Dear friend,

@Jujoe @x X x

Please update your M11 to this firmware for solving the issue with removing the widget: http://fiio-file.fiio.net/M11-ota-1.0.6.zip

Best regards

Thank you. Some other changes included?

@JamesFiiO
Hello

There are so many things to love about the M11, and just a very few not to.

Every time I purchase a new Fiio player I ask for the same thing perhaps hoping against hope.

I pray tenacity and sheer determination prevail lest all faith is lost and the ship abandoned.

So, here it is: does it not make sense that we click the Artist category and are presented with albums, or, tick a (non existent ) box for the list of all songs by that artist?

From there we would be able to select any songs or albums for play to the (also non existent) Now Playing cue or some other playlist?

Actually Hiby executes this quite well, among others, you can add songs or albums from virtually anywhere to the current playing list. This is what I pray for.

The icing would be the ability to drag and change the order.

If some of you M11 owners agree please let the Fiio team know.

I was writing about it too some posts ago. From my point of view, the Tidal app is the one that other brands should follow in case of functionalities and possibilities for user. (-) for not having a regular queue with ability to modify it, and (-) for not functional Artist shortcut from Now Playing app (there are much more clicks to give you want you want).

Re- n. 2. This should NOT change - this is a badly needed feature. I am still waiting for album shuffle as well, which was disappointingly not implemented in the last update.

How it is badly needed, man? :D It is does not make any sense for me - but hey, I was writing about me only. Maybe, when you are playing randomly an album and try to go back/further to track from album playlist when in shuffle mode, but when playing all tracks from your device, it is useless.

@FiiO

My one major grip with the Fiio music software is that they use an awful ABC system as a sidebar.

It is a fairly useless and ugly feature and should be replaced by a slider bar in all cases:

1) To be able to use the ABC system you need to know what you are seeking, in which case you have the global search function; ie, you cannot actually browse with it specifically
2) In my case I have numbered my albums eg.... 00001 Eliminator, 00002 Best of Barclay James Harvest, etc, thus the ABC system is useless.
3) It deplaces the screen icons when it clunks on and off in use, which is very unaesthetic.

Please consider using a slider bar in album, track and artist views

(-) for 1. and 2. - slidebar without accessing by letters. It is deal breaker for me and for most users I think. You're have your way to tag your music library, but I am sure, that 99% of us uses a normal way to do this and browse music.
(+) for 3. - this should be corrected. In 1.0.5, as far as I know, it was working differently, letters slider was not dissappering from the screen.

Jul 25, 2019 at 1:32 AM Post #4,611 of 9,288
Did fiio fix the alphabetical sorting in the new firmware update? Currently staying on 1.0.5.

Jul 25, 2019 at 1:38 AM Post #4,612 of 9,288
Jul 25, 2019 at 1:43 AM Post #4,613 of 9,288
@FiiO

I know it will be on The weekend when the preview comes out but I’m really interested in any info you can release about the m11 pro, besides the dual 4497 and the thx amp, can you disclaim the release date and aprox price, I’m looking for a dap with an akm dac and I think this would be an amazing call

Jul 25, 2019 at 1:46 AM Post #4,614 of 9,288
Jul 25, 2019 at 1:56 AM Post #4,615 of 9,288
So many of these sorting ‘issues’ can be so easily bypassed if you use some elbow grease (so to speak) and sort out your files into artist-album folders, with tracks numbered and tagged properly. This also gives you the option of navigating by folders rather than relying on FiiO Music to sort things for you.

I understand this doesn’t work for everyone, and everyone listens to music differently, just saying I keep my files neat, foldered, tagged and catalogued, and don’t listen to random tracks or singles (and when I do it’s normally through Tidal, which is also great for discovering new music).

Maybe I’m just old school but I don’t expect my software to just figure everything out when it comes to my music files (I have 4000+ albums after all). The same goes for Audirvana, which is infinitely more powerful than FiiO Music.

Jul 25, 2019 at 2:11 AM Post #4,616 of 9,288
Hello, how do you delete a folder from the SD card? When I delete from ES File Explorer it just says "task failed" When I delete from the Android file transfer, It would seem to be deleted from the computer, but when you check inside of ES File explorer, it's still there.

Jul 25, 2019 at 2:23 AM Post #4,617 of 9,288
How it is badly needed, man? :D It is does not make any sense for me - but hey, I was writing about me only. Maybe, when you are playing randomly an album and try to go back/further to track from album playlist when in shuffle mode, but when playing all tracks from your device, it is useless.

I use it all the time. I shuffle all, and if I choose to start from songs, swiping left and right will get to other versions of that same song, by other artists etc. If the shuffle starts from the albums page, swiping left and right will give you the tracks before and after the one that came in the shuffle mode. So, if I do shuffle, and I get a song in live version, and I want to hear the song in studio version instead, I can just swipe to find it and it's still within the shuffle (ie a random track will start after). But if I started on the album page, and a song came up that makes me want to listen to the whole album, I like to swipe to the first track and turn shuffle mode off.

I literally use this swipe-during-shuffle feature multiple times a day! :)

Jul 25, 2019 at 2:25 AM Post #4,618 of 9,288
I use it all the time. I shuffle all, and if I choose to start from songs, swiping left and right will get to other versions of that same song, by other artists etc. If the shuffle starts from the albums page, swiping left and right will give you the tracks before and after the one that came in the shuffle mode. So, if I do shuffle, and I get a song in live version, and I want to hear the song in studio version instead, I can just swipe to find it and it's still within the shuffle (ie a random track will start after). But if I started on the album page, and a song came up that makes me want to listen to the whole album, I like to swipe to the first track and turn shuffle mode off.

I literally use this swipe-during-shuffle feature multiple times a day! :)

Shuffelin' all day long :wink: Thats make sense man.

Jul 25, 2019 at 2:39 AM Post #4,619 of 9,288
Last edited:
Jul 25, 2019 at 2:43 AM Post #4,620 of 9,288
Hello, how do you delete a folder from the SD card? When I delete from ES File Explorer it just says "task failed" When I delete from the Android file transfer, It would seem to be deleted from the computer, but when you check inside of ES File explorer, it's still there.

Screenshot_20190725-074034[1].png Screenshot_20190725-074039[1].png Screenshot_20190725-074043[1].png Screenshot_20190725-074055[1].png Screenshot_20190725-074059[1].png Screenshot_20190725-074103[1].png

Here is a guild to delete music files which might help with the folders.

Hope it helps.

Juj

Users who are viewing this thread

Back