[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jul 25, 2019 at 2:54 AM Post #4,621 of 9,288
So many of these sorting ‘issues’ can be so easily bypassed if you use some elbow grease (so to speak) and sort out your files into artist-album folders, with tracks numbered and tagged properly. This also gives you the option of navigating by folders rather than relying on FiiO Music to sort things for you.

I understand this doesn’t work for everyone, and everyone listens to music differently, just saying I keep my files neat, foldered, tagged and catalogued, and don’t listen to random tracks or singles (and when I do it’s normally through Tidal, which is also great for discovering new music).

Maybe I’m just old school but I don’t expect my software to just figure everything out when it comes to my music files (I have 4000+ albums after all). The same goes for Audirvana, which is infinitely more powerful than FiiO Music.

Yeah, I go by using the folders rather than any other option tracks or albums. That's how I did it on my X5II so that feels like the normal way to do it for me anyway.

Jul 25, 2019 at 2:55 AM Post #4,622 of 9,288
@FiiO

I know it will be on The weekend when the preview comes out but I’m really interested in any info you can release about the m11 pro, besides the dual 4497 and the thx amp, can you disclaim the release date and aprox price, I’m looking for a dap with an akm dac and I think this would be an amazing call

Here is what I managed to find out: Similar to the FiiO M11, the FiiO M11 PRO will continue to run on Customized Android 7.0 based on the Samsung Exynos 7872 SoC. It will feature a storage configuration of 3GB RAM + 64GB ROM, an upgrade from the 3GB RAM + 32GB ROM available on the M11.

The FiiO M11 Pro will also feature dual AKM AK4497 DAC in place of the dual AK4493 implemented on the M11. The most significant upgrade of the FiiO M11 Pro is the implementation of dual THX AAA modules for the device's amplification application.

Lastly, the FiiO M11 will feature a single micro-SD expansion tray to facilitate optimal performance of the external memory.

Jul 25, 2019 at 3:01 AM Post #4,623 of 9,288
Personally, I was hoping that Fiio in the M11 Pro version will save two microSD memory card slots.

This means that Fiio’s flagship will also have one slot for a memory card. Like most people, it is convenient for me to use two memory cards, it is really convenient and practical!

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2019 at 5:56 AM Post #4,624 of 9,288
Here is what I managed to find out: Similar to the FiiO M11, the FiiO M11 PRO will continue to run on Customized Android 7.0 based on the Samsung Exynos 7872 SoC. It will feature a storage configuration of 3GB RAM + 64GB ROM, an upgrade from the 3GB RAM + 32GB ROM available on the M11.

The FiiO M11 Pro will also feature dual AKM AK4497 DAC in place of the dual AK4493 implemented on the M11. The most significant upgrade of the FiiO M11 Pro is the implementation of dual THX AAA modules for the device's amplification application.

Lastly, the FiiO M11 will feature a single micro-SD expansion tray to facilitate optimal performance of the external memory.

Thank you very much for your summary, all is correct.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jul 25, 2019 at 6:03 AM Post #4,625 of 9,288
Thank you very much for your summary, all is correct.

Only 1 card slot? Such a shame and a real deal breaker for me :frowning2:

Oh well. Maybe the M15 will have the THX amp(s) and 2 card slots?

Jul 25, 2019 at 6:18 AM Post #4,626 of 9,288
Only 1 card slot? Such a shame and a real deal breaker for me :frowning2:

Oh well. Maybe the M15 will have the THX amp(s) and 2 card slots?

I could be wrong I want to be wrong but I think this is the last FiiO dap with 2 card readers :frowning2:

Juj

Jul 25, 2019 at 6:30 AM Post #4,627 of 9,288
I could be wrong I want to be wrong but I think this is the last FiiO dap with 2 card readers :frowning2:

Juj

You are correct sir :)

Btw, people enjoy you're m11s, unless they include playstore support on the new models there isn't going to be much difference. I don't think either is going to be a ' big' upgrade in sound. The only way I'll buy another is if m15 or whatever is smaller.

Ok, btw anybody want an m11 cheap :wink:

Joke^ :)

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2019 at 6:43 AM Post #4,629 of 9,288
Can someone explain in simple terms exactly how this filter "low dispersion short delay filter" affects the sound, at least in theory?

image.jsp

Hope this helps its all I could find

Juj

Jul 25, 2019 at 6:57 AM Post #4,631 of 9,288
Yesterday I listened all evening on a new filter "low dispersion short delay filter" and can share my subjective opinion. I could be wrong, but it seemed to me that when this filter is activated, the "imaginary scene" increases, the sounds become more airy.

Jul 25, 2019 at 7:01 AM Post #4,632 of 9,288
Yesterday I listened all evening on a new filter "low dispersion short delay filter" and can share my subjective opinion. I could be wrong, but it seemed to me that when this filter is activated, the "imaginary scene" increases, the sounds become more airy.
Glad you can tell a difference. For me the only thing that changes is the description of the filter in settings. The sound stays the same.

Jul 25, 2019 at 7:02 AM Post #4,633 of 9,288
I wouldn’t say that, because there will be newer SoCs in future that will natively support two slots. But aren’t you glad you own an M11? :) :)

Hell yes she's the little DAP that could :)

Juj

Jul 25, 2019 at 7:04 AM Post #4,635 of 9,288
Glad you can tell a difference. For me the only thing that changes is the description of the filter in settings. The sound stays the same.

All the changes are only in HIGH frequencies and as such you need to be high to hear them :p

Juj

Users who are viewing this thread

Back