[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jul 24, 2019 at 6:02 AM Post #4,501 of 9,288
Dear friend,

Thanks for your kind feedback. Yes, we have got yo know about this. The engineer will release a new firmware for fixing this issue soon. Sorry for bringing inconvenience to you.

Best regards

Thanks for the swift heads up

Juj

Jul 24, 2019 at 6:02 AM Post #4,502 of 9,288
I found another bug (or it is a feature? :wink: ), so what do you think about preparing a list of bugs found in current / future firmware version? Believe Fiio's representatives have insight in this trhead and may get this list for consideration.

List of bugs found in current (1.0.6) FW:
1. User can not remove widgets from Home Screens in Launcher3 app (default launcher application). While moving widgets on the screen, button to remove it is visible, but moving widgets to it does not activate it.
2. I found, that when playing tracks in shuffle mode, pressing Next button goes to random next track (but we can go back to previos and go further to the same next track many times), but when swiping album art to the left (swipe left) next song is not randomly selected, but next song from actual playlist / queue is played :)
3. User uses other launcher application and set it as default. When user goes back from Pure Music mode to Android Mode, Launcher3 application is opened instead of defaulted launcher application.

That is all for now.
Dear friend,

1. Swiping the album art to the left will not goes to random next track. It is designed like that and same in previous firmware as well.
2. You would need to click the home button for restart the third party launcher application in order to restart it. The app is turned off after entering pure music mode.

Best regards

Last edited:
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jul 24, 2019 at 6:13 AM Post #4,503 of 9,288
Dear friend,

Swiping the album art to the left will not goes to random next track. It is designed like that and same in previous firmware as well.

Best regards

So we have a feature here, not a bug :D Nice to know, but is this realy usefull or needed for someone? :wink:

Btw. thanks for adding Album shortcut from Now Playing screen (when accessing three dots menu). Please, add acces to it from other places of app (like from list of tracks / playlist / current playing queue).

And I have another proposition: is there a possibility for adding a feature to add selected song to playing queue as next (and/or last) playing track, instead of replacing all queue? Accessible from three dots menu, would be handy.

Jul 24, 2019 at 6:16 AM Post #4,504 of 9,288
So we have a feature here, not a bug :D Nice to know, but is this realy usefull or needed for someone? :wink:

Btw. thanks for adding Album shortcut from Now Playing screen (when accessing three dots menu). Please, add acces to it from other places of app (like from list of tracks / playlist / current playing queue).

And I have another proposition: is there a possibility for adding a feature to add selected song to playing queue as next (and/or last) playing track, instead of replacing all queue? Accessible from three dots menu, would be handy.

I do, if i am on shuffle and I get the feel to listen to a song again, mainly RTJ angel duster LOL :)

Juj

Jul 24, 2019 at 6:23 AM Post #4,505 of 9,288
I do, if i am on shuffle and I get the feel to listen to a song again, mainly RTJ angel duster LOL :)

Juj

It is not working this way. When you in shuffle mode, listening track A and press next track button, the next random track - B - is played. When you pressing previous track button, again track A is played, but now when presing next button - another random track is played (not B again).

When using swiping mode, When you have eg. tracks A, A1, A2, B, C, and from track A goes to track C by pressing next button, when swiping from C track to left - track B will be played, not A.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2019 at 6:28 AM Post #4,507 of 9,288
It is not working this way. When you in shuffle mode, listening track A and press next track button, the next random track - B - is played. When you pressing previous track button, again track A is played, but now when presing next button - another random track is played (not B again).

When using swiping mode, When you have eg. tracks A, A1, A2, B, C, and from track A goes to track C by pressing next button, when swiping from C track to left - track B will be played, not A.

I'm sorry but if I press the next track (physical down button) it plays next random song and when I go to previous track (the physical up button) it always plays my last song.

Maybe we are getting our wires crossed, do you use the screen to go back'n'forth? I try use only the side buttons.

Hope this helps

Juj

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2019 at 6:37 AM Post #4,508 of 9,288
I'm sorry but if I press the next track (physical down button) it plays next random song and when I go to previous track (the physical up button) it always plays my last song.

Indeed, that was I writing about. But swiping does not works this way. For example, If you play all yout track (by pressing Play All button on All Tracks screen), all your tracks are in queue in alphabetical order. Pressing physical buttons / buttons on a screen works as you wrote above, but swiping does not work this way. Swiping loads next or previous track which is in queue, in alphabetical order. So if you have tracks queue eg. (A, B, C, D, E) pressing buttons will load tracks in order eg. A>D<A>C, but swiping works like this: A>B<A>B - it is not shuffling. It is a litte confusing, and - from my point of view - useless feature. But this is only my opinion and I am not forced by software capabilities to use it :)

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2019 at 7:08 AM Post #4,511 of 9,288
strange they removed the app draw, so can you customise the home screen, or move them to a different page of the home screen?
Why do fiio make changes like this then introduce more bugs, could it be to push people to buy their next dap, then they stop rolling out updates to older units, hmmm
Dear friend,

Many users suggest about removing the app draw to us. Besides, most mobilephones do not have app draw in order to keep the page more clear and beatiful. So we tried our best to achieve this new design in M11 now.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jul 24, 2019 at 7:16 AM Post #4,512 of 9,288
Dear friend,

Many users suggest about removing the app draw to us. Besides, most mobilephones do not have app draw in order to keep the page more clear and beatiful. So we tried our best to achieve this new design in M11 now.

Best regards

This trend for removing appdrawer from android devices is most popular in China and other west countries. Here in Europe it is not as common as there, at least companies gives user possibility to decide which option prefers.

It is not a deal breaker and we will live with it, because why not. But wouldn't be nicer to have a possibility to choose, and not use additional ram and memory taking appications to replace not user-friendly decides of a company? I believe it would be. Especially on a music-oriented device, not a powerfull horsepower flagship with almost unlimited capabilities.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2019 at 7:22 AM Post #4,514 of 9,288
I also prefer a single home screen + app drawer to multiple screens

Jul 24, 2019 at 7:22 AM Post #4,515 of 9,288
Has anyone here tried music mode ? Do it work different than android, any sound differences?

I have for the last hour or so, I think the bass sound tighter but I am using my Philips fidelio X2 as its too hot for my LCD2CD :)

New player is better because of the placebo effect i dont know but I am enjoying it :p

Hope this helps

Juj

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back