[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jul 24, 2019 at 1:55 AM Post #4,486 of 9,270
Apps and widgets are customizable and moovable, but you can't delete widgets and you can't make a blank page with nothing on it.

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:22 AM Post #4,487 of 9,270
Apps and widgets are customizable and moovable, but you can't delete widgets and you can't make a blank page with nothing on it.
You can...if you install and use Nova Launcher. I’ve been using Nova since day one, and it continues to work perfectly with FW 1.0.6. I still have my clean home page with Nova’s app drawer, so all is good. I don’t use widgets so can’t comment there, but since Nova controls the entire desktop (including Widgets) I’d wager installing and uninstalling widgets with Nova still works fine.

The one ‘bug’ I did find was switching to Pure Music mode doesn’t switch Nova off, so it essentially does nothing - except disable Android functions like swipe gestures. That means I can launch an app - any app - in Pure Music mode, but can’t swipe to exit. So it’s stuck in a loop. Switching back to Android mode doesn’t work, the swipe gestures are still disabled. So there’s a breakdown in communication somewhere between Nova Launcher and Pure Music mode. I know this because switching off Nova’s ‘launcher’ function allows me to get into FiiO’s Pure Music mode (essentially FiiO Music as the one and only app), and then switch back into Android without any issues.

So...if you want your M11 to look and work just like (actually even better) than before, get Nova Launcher.

D253FC96-1386-4115-8E53-EC1C48EDFC09.png 3534BA0F-3D55-49A5-9144-B1FD307F5DD7.png B6A1595A-7196-45B5-87DE-B5E50DB08DE7.png FBFC48DB-2F70-4A88-8E1A-0ABCD6B872E0.png

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2019 at 2:34 AM Post #4,488 of 9,270
You can...if you install and use Nova Launcher.

Of course I can in this way. But still I can't delete widgets from Fiio Launcher :wink:

I am using Nova Launcher also for couple of last years and yes, I'am on it now. And after entering Pure Music mode, launcher is not available. Even when setting home button to open Nova Search on any screen, it is not opening in this mode. Maybe try to restart your device, or reconfigure your Nova settings.

Edit:

After closing Pure Music mode, Launcher3 is opened instead of Nova. Press Home button and you're back on Nova.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2019 at 2:51 AM Post #4,489 of 9,270
Of course I can in this way. But still I can't delete widgets from Fiio Launcher :wink:

I am using Nova Launcher also for couple of last years and yes, I'am on it now. And after entering Pure Music mode, launcher is not available. Even when setting home button to open Nova Search on any screen, it is not opening in this mode. Maybe try to restart your device, or reconfigure your Nova settings.

Edit:

After closing Pure Music mode, Launcher3 is opened instead of Nova. Press Home button and you're back on Nova.
Yes, looks like all it needed was a reboot. Now it works fine switching between Pure Music and Nova (Android) mode. Thanks for the tip.

On a separate note I found my Idle PowerOff and Sleep timers were reset by the FW update, so if you suddenly find your M11 switched off even though you’d previously disabled Idle Power Off, that’s why.

Jul 24, 2019 at 3:00 AM Post #4,490 of 9,270
On a separate note I found my Idle PowerOff and Sleep timers were reset by the FW update, so if you suddenly find your M11 switched off even though you’d previously disabled Idle Power Off, that’s why.

Thats funny, because on my device Idle setting stays as it was setted :wink:

Jul 24, 2019 at 3:26 AM Post #4,492 of 9,270
Am enjoying the M11 much more than I thought I would. I finally have something which certainly rivals the Mojo's very natural sound. I am just not reaching for other equipment at the moment, which is a very +ve sign.

Now, it's desktop with Mojo and portable with M11. I'm a happy bunny.

Having said this, half the result is definitely due to the pairing with the FH7s. They are phenomenal and just keep on giving more and more the better the equipment.

It's a real case of popping almost any album on any time and just reveling in the detailed, intelligible, lush soundscape.

A dangerously addictive experience.

Nice 1 @FiiO :)

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:46 AM Post #4,493 of 9,270
@FiiO Thanks for firmware 1.0.6

I can not remove the DO NOT DISTURB wigget and other users are saying that its the same for all wiggets.

Screenshot_20190724-093628[1].png

Juj

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:53 AM Post #4,494 of 9,270

I can not remove the DO NOT DISTURB wigget and other users are saying that its the same for all wiggets.

Juj

Definitely it is a bug. Go to Nova instead, at least for now. Maybe clearing data of Launcher3 app will help, but I cannot find it in Apps menu, even in Programmer menu.

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:56 AM Post #4,495 of 9,270
Definitely it is a bug. Go to Nova instead, at least for now. Maybe clearing data of Launcher3 app will help, but I cannot find it in Apps menu, even in Programmer menu.

I just reverted back to teenage juj.

Screenshot_20190724-095358[1].png

I hid it in a folder One will ever know :)

Juj

Jul 24, 2019 at 5:00 AM Post #4,496 of 9,270
Ouh, and I found now, that they've added Album shortcut from Now Playing screen :) I was writing about this feature yesterday, and now I've got it :) I believe it is not connected with my mentioning about this feature, just a little coincidence - nice :)

Jul 24, 2019 at 5:35 AM Post #4,499 of 9,270
I found another bug (or it is a feature? :wink: ), so what do you think about preparing a list of bugs found in current / future firmware version? Believe Fiio's representatives have insight in this trhead and may get this list for consideration.

List of bugs found in current (1.0.6) FW:
1. User can not remove widgets from Home Screens in Launcher3 app (default launcher application). While moving widgets on the screen, button to remove it is visible, but moving widgets to it does not activate it.
2. I found, that when playing tracks in shuffle mode, pressing Next button goes to random next track (but we can go back to previos and go further to the same next track many times), but when swiping album art to the left (swipe left) next song is not randomly selected, but next song from actual playlist / queue is played :)
3. User uses other launcher application and set it as default. When user goes back from Pure Music mode to Android Mode, Launcher3 application is opened instead of defaulted launcher application.

That is all for now.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2019 at 6:00 AM Post #4,500 of 9,270

Juj
Dear friend,

Thanks for your kind feedback. Yes, we have got yo know about this. The engineer will release a new firmware for fixing this issue soon. Sorry for bringing inconvenience to you.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back