[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jul 17, 2019 at 9:28 PM Post #4,201 of 9,288
I just remembered the one time someone told me his friend was a Hi-Fi enthusiast because he used Airpods.

Yeah. I don't even know.

Jul 17, 2019 at 9:42 PM Post #4,202 of 9,288
Sorry for the repost but it's killing me...is there an option to automatically switch from LO to PO whenever I unplug and plug in a cable?

Jul 17, 2019 at 10:44 PM Post #4,203 of 9,288
I have a massive, growing digital music collection, all ripped lossless or downloaded as such, for which myself or friends have paid for. And libraries, too. Except bootleg Grateful Dead via file sharing. I am rather a curator of music I adore. Also an archivist. This makes it intimately personal to me, as opposed at streaming at will or randomly. The processes of seeking, sampling, collecting, filing, paying and caring for it increases my appreciation and enjoyment. And listening!

Well said, I'm in the same boat. To me it's a lonely journey as none of my friends and family care about. It's ok but if I had a friend to share the hobby it would be nice.

Jul 18, 2019 at 3:22 AM Post #4,204 of 9,288
Exactly right, we are the minority by a long shot. Most people are absolutely satisfied with a pair or beats, skull candy and a phone. Walkmans, Discmans, minidisk, and daps are all overtaken by smart phones now.

I think us 'older' folks spent way more on audio when we were younger, amps, receivers, huge speakers and expensive discman. All my friends and me had sweet audio systems when I was young- McIntosh, marantz, pioneer, technics, infinity, Nad, crown, Naim, Nakamichi, on and on.

I bought an anniversary discman for a load of cash and my parents thought I was nuts. And then minidisk and mp3 players came and then I was really hooked.

I'm sure it was similar for some of you guys also. Audio now- you can get a Bose soundbar and some satellite speakers and be done with it. Oh and of course we cranked the hell out of our systems :)
Yes yes...feels like deja vu

Jul 18, 2019 at 3:27 AM Post #4,205 of 9,288
Has anyone else had the M11 playback there music at half or double speed?

@FiiO I had my music paused and when I unpaused it it was double speed so I repaused the music and when restarted is was half speed, restared the M11 and all is ok now.

I found that It happend in both neutron and fiio apps

Juj
Dear friend,

If the issue happen again, could you please share the certain file and log files to us for check? Which output were you using?
The logs files can be grabed from firmware 1.0.4 or above. So when the certain problem happens on the M11, please go to " Settings ->About device" , and continually tap“Model number", until the prompt "Have save output log to built-in storage" appears. Then please wait for about 20 seconds, and go to M11's internal storage, then send these two log files "M11-kernel-xx.log" and "M11-system-xx.log" to us for further analysis.

Please be noted that, please do not reboot the M11 before you grab the log files, because the log files will not be gotten after reboot.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jul 18, 2019 at 4:51 AM Post #4,206 of 9,288
Has anyone else had a problem with tracks being played out of order or it combining double disc mix comps together like Global Underground or Balance albums? Quite a few of my mixed comps that are tracked it's combining both mixes and playing tracks 1-1-2-2-3-3 and so on. I have each in separate folders but the M11 combines them into one and I dont know how to change it. I never had any problems with X5II so I guess it has something to do with the Android OS.

Jul 18, 2019 at 5:35 AM Post #4,207 of 9,288
Dear friend,

If the issue happen again, could you please share the certain file and log files to us for check? Which output were you using?
The logs files can be grabed from firmware 1.0.4 or above. So when the certain problem happens on the M11, please go to " Settings ->About device" , and continually tap“Model number", until the prompt "Have save output log to built-in storage" appears. Then please wait for about 20 seconds, and go to M11's internal storage, then send these two log files "M11-kernel-xx.log" and "M11-system-xx.log" to us for further analysis.

Please be noted that, please do not reboot the M11 before you grab the log files, because the log files will not be gotten after reboot.

Best regards

I think I might have found the issue, I had three copies of the same song all in different file formats mp3, flac and dsd I removed the mp3 and dsd copys and havent run into the problem since.

Juj

Jul 18, 2019 at 5:44 AM Post #4,208 of 9,288
Has anyone else had a problem with tracks being played out of order or it combining double disc mix comps together like Global Underground or Balance albums? Quite a few of my mixed comps that are tracked it's combining both mixes and playing tracks 1-1-2-2-3-3 and so on. I have each in separate folders but the M11 combines them into one and I dont know how to change it. I never had any problems with X5II so I guess it has something to do with the Android OS.

The file ordering of the M11 is strange these type of errors are all over the library and while I can live with it as I like to listen on shuffle for other it needs to be fixed asap.

Screenshot_20190718-103712[1].png

Juj

Jul 18, 2019 at 7:56 AM Post #4,209 of 9,288
I hope the new FiiO AKM4497*2 device will be tuned as a warm DAP to compete with the N6ii.

I had to sell my M11 because it completely changed my Sony IEMs sound signature to the opposite way. I didn't want to sell it and may regret selling it though.

Jul 18, 2019 at 10:00 AM Post #4,214 of 9,288
Musicbee's wifi sync app.

OH I use musicbee on the pc :) so I'll try see if I can get it installed will report back soon,

Ok tried to install but all I got was

Screenshot_20190718-150513[1].png

So not at the moment but in the future :)

Hope this helps

Juj

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back