[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jul 15, 2019 at 4:13 PM Post #4,111 of 9,288
Hello,
im' using my on smart playlists with playerpro on galaxy s9 and it work great , the fiio x5iii was too slow and too weak for that,
is the m11 up to that (playerpro apk? ) or should i get a amp for the s9?

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2019 at 5:26 PM Post #4,112 of 9,288
Hi guys!

I’m strongly considering purchasing an M11 as my first DAP. I’m definitely intrigued by it, however, I will be solely using it for streaming (mostly offline) and admittedly I really don’t need nor necessarily want all the other features (though I’m grateful they exist for ya’ll!)

Being that I am also on a “budget”.. I’d greatly appreciate if someone could spell out for me just how much gain I’d experience from the M11 vs something cheaper like the M9 if I’m quite literally only using for streaming?

Thank you so much!!

Jul 15, 2019 at 8:13 PM Post #4,113 of 9,288
While using the FiiO Music app on my phone I was looking through the settings and was a little confused, what exactly do the "Play through folders" and "Auto-access to" options mean?

Jul 15, 2019 at 8:37 PM Post #4,114 of 9,288
While using the FiiO Music app on my phone I was looking through the settings and was a little confused, what exactly do the "Play through folders" and "Auto-access to" options mean?
play through folders:

depending on where you select your song to play (like artists, albums, or directory), once you reach the end of the album, it'll play to the next folder (or next artist, or next album)

auto access to:

off : if you play a song, it'll will simply play and highlight the song, the window you view doesn't change

on: if you select a song, it'll open up the new playing screen

Jul 15, 2019 at 9:23 PM Post #4,116 of 9,288
After watching his review I wish I had an M11 even more now, but I already have a ZX300 so it's pointless. At this point the best thing I can do is get a Q5s for that good sound

Jul 16, 2019 at 12:04 AM Post #4,117 of 9,288
Right now, the M11 is really the best value dap for your money. It may have some quirks but hey, all daps do.

Jul 16, 2019 at 12:13 AM Post #4,118 of 9,288
I am currently enjoying using the Hiby music app more lately versus the Fiio. For some reason, I find the inability to sort alphabetically correctly a bit disappointing. Although you can type to find a song, it’s still easier if you can just scroll and expect that the song you wanted is just right where you expect it to be. Hope Fiio can fix this. I love how colorful the Fiio app is compared to the others.

Jul 16, 2019 at 2:47 AM Post #4,119 of 9,288
Hi guys!

I’m strongly considering purchasing an M11 as my first DAP. I’m definitely intrigued by it, however, I will be solely using it for streaming (mostly offline) and admittedly I really don’t need nor necessarily want all the other features (though I’m grateful they exist for ya’ll!)

Being that I am also on a “budget”.. I’d greatly appreciate if someone could spell out for me just how much gain I’d experience from the M11 vs something cheaper like the M9 if I’m quite literally only using for streaming?

Thank you so much!!

I presume that right now you're using your phone to stream music. You can consider the following factors:

1. Sound - the M11 will sound "uncolored". You may miss some "warmth" to the sound that you usually get with phones (more bass albeit less detail).

2. Convenience - In my case, I have all my music in my sd card. I never used streaming. It's practical for me since I can free up my phone of much needed space and battery life. With streaming, it's less complicated as you have your entire library accessible online. Ask yourself, do you need another device for these duties?

3. Future uses - Later on your audiophile journey, are you planning to purchase other formats of music (hi-res, dsd, etc.) and wanting to keep them (sd card, hard drive, etc.) so you won't rely on streaming any longer? Are you planning to try hi-quality bluetooth playback and buy bluetooth headphones? Are you planning to try balanced audio (2.5mm and 4.4mm)?

This is not a complete list of considerations but I hope I could help you come up with a wise decision and get your money's worth. These are open ended questions only you can answer. :)

Jul 16, 2019 at 6:06 AM Post #4,120 of 9,288
After watching his review I wish I had an M11 even more now, but I already have a ZX300 so it's pointless. At this point the best thing I can do is get a Q5s for that good sound
ZX300 is good if you are not using streaming services. But if you do, M11 is the best option right now.
With Android you have flexibility to use different players, all the players sound different from each other and different but useful features.

Jul 16, 2019 at 6:33 AM Post #4,121 of 9,288
Just got a scare from my M11. The music went silent after end of 1 song for 5s and then suddenly an alarm-like sound went out in my earpiece. Immediately disconnect from my player. I was using hiby player app.

Tried the last played song and next with fiio and hiby app but cant reproduce this issue. Any thoughts? Im using 2.5mm cable.

Jul 16, 2019 at 7:26 AM Post #4,122 of 9,288
Just got a scare from my M11. The music went silent after end of 1 song for 5s and then suddenly an alarm-like sound went out in my earpiece. Immediately disconnect from my player. I was using hiby player app.

Tried the last played song and next with fiio and hiby app but cant reproduce this issue. Any thoughts? Im using 2.5mm cable.

Sorry this happened, can I ask were you by any chance charging the M11 or using google chrome when this happens as at the moment using the device while charging will give some buzzing until its at 100% and chrome has some bug giving a 90's dial up tone randomly.

Fiio have said there is an update comeing the next few weeks (fingers crossed)

Hope this can help you aviod it happpening again

Juj

Jul 16, 2019 at 8:58 AM Post #4,123 of 9,288
Well it took some time getting used to using an Android based player since I had my X5II for so long but I like it so far. I've used my Sendy Aiva and Tinhifi T2 in balanced mode (they're the only ones I have with balanced cables) and they sound good. Now I don't think it sounds and better that my JDS Labs EL stack but it does have a different overall feel. I do think the soundstage sounds better a lot of the time depending on the music and there's a more 3D presentation as well. I'm going to get some cables for some of my other headphones like the HP-3 so I can use them balanced also. It does react fast with really no lag when moving through different functions which I hear other Fiio player do. All in all I think the M11 is well worth $450 and is a nice upgrade over what I was using.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back