[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jul 9, 2019 at 3:58 AM Post #3,811 of 9,288
Hi

I am having momentary madness with my M11.

It's occasionally glitching, playing random tracks, scrolling randomly, as if some poltergeist has taken over the screen input.

Is this a known problem?

A reboot is solving the problem, but so far it's happened about 3x since I got it yesterday which is a bit worrying!

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2019 at 3:58 AM Post #3,812 of 9,288
@
It’s not a delay because of Bluetooth but rather just a video lip sync delay in general, and it’s only about half a second (still irritating through). Mainly find this with YouTube, Netflix and Plex playback are ok. Hopefully the YouTube lip sync gets addressed with the next FW update.

Thanks GLer - it is probably more like a half second to 1 second delay.

@JamesFiiO - as gLer said it is more of a lip sync half second delay. Is there any planned update in firmware to resolve this?

Jul 9, 2019 at 5:08 AM Post #3,813 of 9,288
Hi

I am having momentary madness with my M11.

It's occasionally glitching, playing random tracks, scrolling randomly, as if some poltergeist has taken over the screen input.

Is this a known problem?

A reboot is solving the problem, but so far it's happened about 3x since I got it yesterday which is a bit worrying!
Are you perhaps touching the skip track buttons on the side by mistake? You can lock them if need be.

Jul 9, 2019 at 5:44 AM Post #3,815 of 9,288
Are you perhaps touching the skip track buttons on the side by mistake? You can lock them if need be.

thanks for your help, but no, def not touching any buttons, nor the screen. I've been doing some research (called ghost screen input apparently) and it's possibly electrical anomalies when charging causing the screen input to freak out. It's really like a demon's taken over the device when it happens, literally quick random screen inputs all over the screen. Will monitor if it's happening only when charging, if so it's a glitch I can live with.

Jul 9, 2019 at 6:05 AM Post #3,816 of 9,288
Hello, for those that are thinking the bass is lacking and the m11 sounds a bit too digital/neutral here are some MSEB settings in hiby music that will help. Please note sometimes you need to flip the switch off and on again to get the effects. You will know by increased volume and bass.

Also these are applied liberally, I personally couldn't stand anymore bass myself but as you can see you can go a lot more on the sliders. The m11's hardware is excellent, it's powerful, clean and neutral as most audiophiles want- the LPF is tuned very nicely imo. However the fiio app's eq is weak and of course it's nice to have some deeper/fatter harder hitting bass.
Ok pics

20190709_055527.jpg

Bottom settings
20190709_055534.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2019 at 7:35 AM Post #3,818 of 9,288
Hello, for those that are thinking the bass is lacking and the m11 sounds a bit too digital/neutral here are some MSEB settings in hiby music that will help. Please note sometimes you need to flip the switch off and on again to get the effects. You will know by increased volume and bass.

Also these are applied liberally, I personally couldn't stand anymore bass myself but as you can see you can go a lot more on the sliders. The m11's hardware is excellent, it's powerful, clean and neutral as most audiophiles want- the LPF is tuned very nicely imo. However the fiio app's eq is weak and of course it's nice to have some deeper/fatter harder hitting bass.
Ok pics

Bottom settings

Nice. This player needed a slight touch of warmth for me to fully like it.

Any way to change the ugly blue of the appz tho? Haha

Jul 9, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #3,819 of 9,288
Nice. This player needed a slight touch of warmth for me to fully like it.

Any way to change the ugly blue of the appz tho? Haha

You know I'm sure there are different themes somewhere, I had black accents on hiby music before instead of blue, but for the life of me I can't find any theme settings.

Unless it was only for the app on their players.

Jul 9, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #3,820 of 9,288
I got the M11 few days ago. Everything is good. Really good actually. Except one thing... The sound..

Out of 3,5mm SE:

Subbass is so, so weak. It lacks density, depth and physicality. It's like the point of origin of the bass is too far from you. You can hear the bass but you can't really feel it.

The entire presentation (stage) seems distant to me. Stage width is really disappointing, even my lowly OnePlus 5 smartphone has a much wider stage probably like 40-50% wider. Depth is OK, height is OK.
Yes the M11 is more detailed but it's got a pretty bad case of digititus which makes everything sound artificial and too analytical. Am I crazy here or does anyone know what I'm talking about here?

I got a balanced 4.4mm cable coming in a few days, what can I expect will happen to the sound through balanced connection?

I suggest you give it a few more days to burn in, if you believe in that. It just might grow on you, you know (a.k.a brain burn in). Honestly, I find bass a touch fuller now since I last posted my review.

As for me, I just stopped comparing one gear from the other if I got a new gear and just enjoy the new one for what it offers. Comparing takes out a lot of the enjoyment in my case.

Nonetheless, I'm not here to say you're wrong. Can't argue with what you hear. I'm just saying give it chance. You are in fact, invested to it, literally and figuratively. So unless it's defective, why not enjoy it first? :wink:

Happy listening! :)

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2019 at 10:59 AM Post #3,821 of 9,288
Hello,

im looking some good DAP. Thinking about Fiio M11 and Ibasso DX220.
I look for good headphones...like Hifiman Sundara or Sennheiser HD660s...or used HD800...
Anybody use M11 for some big Headphones?

regards,
Simon

I presume by "big" you mean over-ears. I use my trusty Shure SRH440 and Grado SR80e. Occasionally my old JVC HA-RX700 (quite hard to drive, this one, even at a low impedance. It's harder to drive than my previous Superlux HD330 at 150 ohms). Not even half the power and I'm driving all easily (from 40 to 55 of the volume control out of 120).

So short answer is "Yes". It can drive big headphones without problems. :)

Jul 9, 2019 at 11:05 AM Post #3,822 of 9,288
I suggest you give it a few more days to burn in, if you believe in that. It just might grow on you, you know (a.k.a brain burn in). Honestly, I find bass a touch fuller now since I last posted my review.

As for me, I just stopped comparing one gear from the other if I got a new gear and just enjoy the new one for what it offers. Comparing takes out a lot of the enjoyment in my case.

Nonetheless, I'm not here to say you're wrong. Can't argue with what you hear. I'm just saying give it chance. You are in fact, invested to it, literally and figuratively. So unless it's defective, why not enjoy it first? :wink:

Happy listening! :)

Very good advice, technically superior gear doesn't always sound 'better' a lot has to do with power out and headphones impedance. I've found phones usually have a degree of coloration which can make things sound more full and exciting.

He's probably used to the smaller and more intimate stage of his phone. Things are very spread out on m11, I personally like the wider stage with more 'air' between things. Of course I'm using the balanced out. And I could suggest using the hiby music app and using the dsp effects and set the voice slider to more forward and the stage slider 'air' to softer.

Jul 9, 2019 at 11:20 AM Post #3,823 of 9,288
Very good advice, technically superior gear doesn't always sound 'better' a lot has to do with power out and headphones impedance. I've found phones usually have a degree of coloration which can make things sound more full and exciting.

He's probably used to the smaller and more intimate stage of his phone. Things are very spread out on m11, I personally like the wider stage with more 'air' between things. Of course I'm using the balanced out. And I could suggest using the hiby music app and using the dsp effects and set the voice slider to more forward and the stage slider 'air' to softer.

100%. I'm willing to bet, any phone, even the venerable LG V series, will sound warmer. It's just how they're tuned, to be commercially appealing. It's a likeable sound and many call it "fun" but not nearly as resolving, especially at lower volumes. Thus the bigger bass and the immediate impact of it all. More capable music gear will sound leaner. But they sound more "correct" even as you crank the volume higher. Nothing jumps at you as being dominant, especially bass. BUT some people may like a warmer, bassier tuning. So if a warmer tuning suits him/her, then it could be a different DAP. I'm just not sure what DAP that is. :)

Jul 9, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #3,824 of 9,288
o, for those that are thinking the bass is lacking and the m11 sounds a bit too digital/neutral here are some MSEB settings in hiby music that will help. Please note sometimes you need to flip the switch off and on again to get the effects. You will know by increased volume and bass.
Nice job.I was really confused trying to set this MSEB option. Noticed you did not touch any sibilance controls and Im having some overly bright experiences with the Hiby. Could you give me some guidance on knocking down sibilance or perhaps set up another MSEB to control sibilance without loosing the bass . Thanks for your help

Jul 9, 2019 at 11:35 AM Post #3,825 of 9,288
100%. I'm willing to bet, any phone, even the venerable LG V series, will sound warmer. It's just how they're tuned, to be commercially appealing. It's a likeable sound and many call it "fun" but not nearly as resolving, especially at lower volumes. Thus the bigger bass and the immediate impact of it all. More capable music gear will sound leaner. But they sound more "correct" even as you crank the volume higher. Nothing jumps at you as being dominant, especially bass. BUT some people may like a warmer, bassier tuning. So if a warmer tuning suits him/her, then it could be a different DAP. I'm just not sure what DAP that is. :)

Exactly, the problem is sometimes it's hard to keep the resolution and detail and get the warmer sound. I think the hiby effects can help quite a bit, or you could add something like the Oriolus BA300s or spend a ton of money on a cayin N8 or Sony wm1z ouch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back