[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jul 9, 2019 at 4:14 PM Post #3,841 of 9,288
Just ordered an M11 which will be my first new DAP since getting the X5II years ago. I've been very happy with the X5II but felt it was finally time to upgrade. I almost got the M9 but thought why not go big and get the top dog.

Jul 9, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #3,842 of 9,288
I've noticed that the bluetooth connection is spotty when I connect to headphones via ATX. It tends to beep, seeming to reconnect over and over as it loses the connection, for the first several minutes after I connect (using V-Moda Crossfade 2s). I have normal, non-ATX, bluetooth headphones and a JBL speaker that connect fine, so it only seems to be the higher rez codecs. My x5iii used to do this (not on the same headphones), so it's kind of annoying that it's still an issue.

Anyone else noticed this?

LDAC works very good, so it's not the high res codecs. I'd just use that.

Jul 9, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #3,843 of 9,288
LDAC works very good, so it's not the high res codecs. I'd just use that.

V-Moda only has ATX....so I'm stuck with that. I just got the V-Moda's new. I debated between them and the Sony noise canceling ones that support LDAC, but went with the V-Moda's because noise canceling freaks me out.

Just curious if anyone else has the same issue with ATX.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #3,846 of 9,288
Really digging the Fiio Link function, control navigation and volume of Fiio music app from my Android device !

tzx08vO.jpg

Jul 9, 2019 at 7:47 PM Post #3,847 of 9,288
V-Moda only has ATX....so I'm stuck with that. I just got the V-Moda's new. I debated between them and the Sony noise canceling ones that support LDAC, but went with the V-Moda's because noise canceling freaks me out.

Just curious if anyone else has the same issue with ATX.

My Sony XB950B, Plantronics Backbeat Pros and Audio Technica WS99BT all use APTX and none of them have had issues connecting. LDAC works great on my ANC Sonys but only on stable. Sound Quality setting gives me stutters and drop outs.

Jul 10, 2019 at 2:24 AM Post #3,848 of 9,288
Jul 10, 2019 at 3:16 AM Post #3,850 of 9,288
My Mini Review - Sound only - M11+ FH7 = amazing combo.

I have the X7ii and the M6, and the X7ii sounds, to my ears, hard/brittle with the FH7s which disappointed me a bit. I was hoping for an end game setup with that combination.

I also have an ageing Mojo which is relegated mostly to desktop use and that's sounding really great with the FH7s and I wanted something all in one to compete with that sound.

The M6 is great as an ultraportable device, but I felt it was lacking a little in terms of SQ for more serious listening. So back to the drawing board, and actually it was Bad Guy''s video of the FH7 which he tests using the M11, which made me really think the M11 would be a great device to go with the FH7.

is the link.

The is a synergy between the FH7s and the M11 for sure.

For a start there's an overall smoothness to the sound, nothing jarring, or grating, which is a good start.

Having said that, the signature is very dynamic, energetic, making well-recorded live albums with good spacial cues really pop. Also, well recorded studio albums come alive, especially percussion parts, never sounding harsh, but just sound alive.

Leading edges of acoustic instruments stand out too, like plucked strings, acoustic guitars, etc.

Spatially, the soundstage is very nicely defined, with instruments floating in the mix and seemingly more prominent than I have heard previously. In dense mixes, there's so much resolving power. Heck, I'm succumbing to the old cliché of hearing stuff in well worn mixes that I've never heard before. Not only instruments popping out, hitherto unheard, but specific drum parts really sounding alive and dynamic. Good examples I was listening to yesterday were Selling England By The Pound, Court and Spark, and John Mellencamp's Big Daddy, all excellent recordings and differing so much in presentation.

I think overall, the sound is quite faithful to original recordings with a really rich and dynamic bloom and decay of notes, great timbre and space between instruments. There's a really good out of the head feeling with these albeit on an intimate level; the mix is intimate and quite close, really detailed sounding yet instruments are nicely defined in their own spaces.

Compared to Mojo+FH7; extremely close. M6 is definitely not as resolving; listening to Dreams off Rumours, for example, the massed vocal parts have clearer delineation with M11, on the M6. Haven't gone back to the X7ii yet.

Summing up.. I'm very happy with this indeed.

Jul 10, 2019 at 3:51 AM Post #3,851 of 9,288
I presume by "big" you mean over-ears. I use my trusty Shure SRH440 and Grado SR80e. Occasionally my old JVC HA-RX700 (quite hard to drive, this one, even at a low impedance. It's harder to drive than my previous Superlux HD330 at 150 ohms). Not even half the power and I'm driving all easily (from 40 to 55 of the volume control out of 120).

So short answer is "Yes". It can drive big headphones without problems. :)

Thank you ...yes I mean hard to drive headphones...
Sundara, HD 660s...

regards,
Simon

Jul 10, 2019 at 6:10 AM Post #3,852 of 9,288
Kind of a rite of passage here, getting your ears blasted by the LO setting or some other volume snafu.

That's why I'm abitdeef:wink: and I cu*t hear you. :)

Yup. Had this happen with Mojo at full blast (3V!) into super sensitive SE846...

Jul 10, 2019 at 11:38 AM Post #3,854 of 9,288
anyone having problems with gapless? rarely do I hear it transition smoothly, still hear a gap between songs

also, how can I get neutron player on it if I wanted to switch? dont have google store

thanks!!

Everything is gapless that's supposed to be for me. Lol you should hear the pops between songs on U8, sounds like ladyfingers going off

Ok that's a supreme exaggeration, but m11 is gapless as good as any dap I've used. Silent between tracks, unless they're ****ed up. I'm using hiby player btw. But dont really remember any gaps from the fiio player either.

Can't help you with neuron my friend, but it's been discussed here and I'm sure someone will chime in. Or you could search the thread for neutron. I know it works on m11, because several are using the paid version.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2019 at 7:21 PM Post #3,855 of 9,288
Everything is gapless that's supposed to be for me. Lol you should hear the pops between songs on U8, sounds like ladyfingers going off

Ok that's a supreme exaggeration, but m11 is gapless as good as any dap I've used. Silent between tracks, unless they're ****ed up. I'm using hiby player btw. But dont really remember any gaps from the fiio player either.

Can't help you with neuron my friend, but it's been discussed here and I'm sure someone will chime in. Or you could search the thread for neutron. I know it works on m11, because several are using the paid version.
that's awesome it works for you :)) it DID work for me for my albums too that were designed to be gapless, but out of nowhere, even with it switched on, I can hear gaps now within songs, as if it wasn't on. when I turn OFF gapless, the delay is much longer, so there is a difference, but idk it was seamless at first and now I never hear that instant transition anymore. any reason why??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back