[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jun 21, 2019 at 9:28 AM Post #3,302 of 9,288
I wouldn't say it's a waste of time. Try with and without and see which one you prefer. After all it all comes down to your sound preference.

This Dude knows whats going on :)

Juj

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:23 AM Post #3,303 of 9,288
Not trying to be defensive or dismissive, so I can't imagine there will be any appreciable benefit, the M11 is already a very well designed and engineered DAP with a very solid DAC and amplification section. I don't see a single thing about the D1 that suggests there is anything it could do better/differently. Maybe if it was intentionally coloured in sound character and the OP preferred the colouration, ok, for sure that is a possibility. So given that I think the choice of words of waste of time was poor, but the OP seemed to be asking for a straight forward evaluation and I again would suggest there is zero reason to think the D1 is going to add something besides colouration. That is my feeling anyway, nothing more, nothing less.

Jun 21, 2019 at 11:37 AM Post #3,305 of 9,288
He already owns it so why not try and see which one he prefers.
Absolutely, never said otherwise, but the OP's own words were "would it be a waste of time", and in my opinion (just an opinion) it would be (most likely anyway). Would I test if I were him, sure, why not, you never know until you try.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2019 at 11:41 AM Post #3,306 of 9,288
He already owns it so why not try and see which one he prefers.

Well he did ask, and he was answered. I don't know why he just didn't try it if he was curious. But the other poster is right, it's going to take a really nice piece of kit to output a more 'quality' sound than the m11. Unless the OP finds the sound of m11 lacking?

Me, I couldn't of stood it and I would have tried it immediately, unless I already heard it and knew there wouldn't be any improvements.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #3,307 of 9,288
The point of my inquiry rested on the fact that I own something I have not used in years but also Im not very understanding of a lot of the technical language about the M11. I have read here of people using separate amps with their M11 so I figured maybe Im missing something. Bottom line is the D1 would be a major chore to keep running with a wall outlet power source so going by Sonic defenders explanation Im going to put it behind me however I may just try it out when I have some time just to see what it can do. I have no issues with the M11 sound quality so Im not looking to correct anything. Thanks for your input.

Jun 21, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #3,308 of 9,288
The point of my inquiry rested on the fact that I own something I have not used in years but also Im not very understanding of a lot of the technical language about the M11. I have read here of people using separate amps with their M11 so I figured maybe Im missing something. Bottom line is the D1 would be a major chore to keep running with a wall outlet power source so going by Sonic defenders explanation Im going to put it behind me however I may just try it out when I have some time just to see what it can do. I have no issues with the M11 sound quality so Im not looking to correct anything. Thanks for your input.

Your ears don't need the tech info :wink: But it sounds as it would be a pita anyways.

Jun 21, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #3,309 of 9,288
Don't let me dissuade you from experimenting, could be fun, but yes there really should be no technical reason to expect anything. In some cases people may have headphones that require even more powerful amplification than the M11 provides, that is possible and in those cases makes perfect sense, or if the sound signature of a particular amp is deliberately coloured and they prefer the signature, those are great reasons. Always worth trying if you enjoy playing around. Cheers.

Jun 21, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #3,313 of 9,288
M11 seems to have a larger delay than the Hiby R3 when using it as a LDAC receiver causing videos to go out of sync with the audio. Can this be fixed?

I have tested with my phone to the M11 via bluetooth and I also notice a delay with Bluetooth sink mode.

Juj

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #3,314 of 9,288
Can you give me the differences between Fiio M11 and X5 III?

Too numerous to list specific differences and tech details can easily be found. But to sum it up m11 is better in every aspect, unless you like a warmer sound signature.

Better dacs, better amps, better power management/better caps, better screen, better CPU, and better beer :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back