[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jun 16, 2019 at 8:24 PM Post #3,108 of 9,288
You can load Tidal with the fiio store app or apk pure app which is on the fiio store also.
Thanks a lot. I guess Google music is not popular enough :triportsad:.
I moved on from Spotify because of sound quality but Tidal library is limited and I only can stream at home as company IT is blocking it on internal Net

Jun 16, 2019 at 8:31 PM Post #3,109 of 9,288
Thanks a lot. I guess Google music is not popular enough :triportsad:.
I moved on from Spotify because of sound quality but Tidal library is limited and I only can stream at home as company IT is blocking it on internal Net

I'm assuming Google music requires play store support anyways? Which m11 of course doesn't have.

Oh didn't see Vitandus's post above mine.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2019 at 10:58 PM Post #3,111 of 9,288
Is it possible to output a line level Bluetooth signal, for devices that have their own volume control? I used Bluetooth for the first time today and was a little surprised that the volume knob on the DAP still worked, even when I set the output mode to LO.

Jun 16, 2019 at 11:41 PM Post #3,112 of 9,288
Is it possible to output a line level Bluetooth signal, for devices that have their own volume control? I used Bluetooth for the first time today and was a little surprised that the volume knob on the DAP still worked, even when I set the output mode to LO.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think LO is applicable to bluetooth. It only works via the 3.5mm port (SE jack or SPDIF). You can try unchecking the option that says "Adjustable volume at LO" within the Audio settings. But it probably isn't safe via bluetooth, unless you're absolutely sure that the volume level at the receiver is set to safe levels (in case LO via bluetooth works, that is, but I doubt it). Hope this helps. :)

Jun 16, 2019 at 11:42 PM Post #3,113 of 9,288
6. Lastly, hidden as a system app (you can also find it as a widget) is Viper Hifi. If it's the same Viper app that a lot of you love using, it comes pre-installed. I don't use it though so please check on your own.

I can see this as a system widget, however the interface all in what appears to be Chinese characters.

@JamesFiiO how can we access an English version of this app? I think it would be a great feature to have access to this app on this great DAP

Jun 16, 2019 at 11:51 PM Post #3,114 of 9,288
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think LO is applicable to bluetooth. It only works via the 3.5mm port (SE jack or SPDIF). You can try unchecking the option that says "Adjustable volume at LO" within the Audio settings. But it probably isn't safe via bluetooth, unless you're absolutely sure that the volume level at the receiver is set to safe levels (in case LO via bluetooth works, that is, but I doubt it). Hope this helps. :)

Correct, bluetooth is transmitted by your dap via a bluetooth chip to a receiver and is decoded and amplified at the source ie headphones or speaker, no line level output exists- the daps amp,dac is completely out of the loop.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2019 at 12:19 AM Post #3,115 of 9,288
@JamesFiiO - Considering the player's current issue with not being able to access the Google Play Store. Is there a risk that in the future Tidal/Spotify may no longer support the Android 7 which this player is limited to and therefore, there is a chance we could no longer be able to access these streaming services? What is the solution to this potential future problem?

Jun 17, 2019 at 2:17 AM Post #3,116 of 9,288
@JamesFiiO - Considering the player's current issue with not being able to access the Google Play Store. Is there a risk that in the future Tidal/Spotify may no longer support the Android 7 which this player is limited to and therefore, there is a chance we could no longer be able to access these streaming services? What is the solution to this potential future problem?
How far is the future? Tidal & Spotify do not rely in Google Services. How long these apps are supported on Android 7 is up to the app developer.

Jun 17, 2019 at 2:23 AM Post #3,117 of 9,288
How far is the future? Tidal & Spotify do not rely in Google Services. How long these apps are supported on Android 7 is up to the app developer.

Yes, I understand that. I am just wondering that since Spotify /Tidal are advertised as supported services, and the fact that Android 7 is being phased out, whether there is some sort of agreement that companies such as Tidal/Spotify have with DAP developers to maintain support for the app version that works on the device to ensure that the DAP's streaming functions will continue to work throughout its useful lifespan

Jun 17, 2019 at 2:35 AM Post #3,118 of 9,288

Sorry we have not answer for this question but again, the Exynos7872 is the best Soc we can choose right now and we don't want go back to Rockchip .

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jun 17, 2019 at 3:01 AM Post #3,119 of 9,288
Have any of you guys wanting Google Music/Apple Music etc. and worried about future comparability considered streaming from your Android phones TO the M11? Rememberr the M11 supports LDAC and AirPlay receive, so you’re not going to suffer any quality loss from your streaming music and gain all the advantages of the M11’s audio hardware. I know it’s not ideal to tether two devices, but it does seem useful if you’re mainly streaming.

As for Tidal etc not supporting Android 7, Tidal currently supports Android 5+, so chances are you’re good for several years yet and your Tidal app will likely outlive the M11.

Jun 17, 2019 at 3:15 AM Post #3,120 of 9,288
Have any of you guys wanting Google Music/Apple Music etc. and worried about future comparability considered streaming from your Android phones TO the M11?

That's an excellent idea!
For Google Music, you also have the option to access it online in the browser (on the M11) - https://play.google.com/music/listen?u=0#/home
Again, as with gLer's suggestion, it's not perfect - obviously we would rather have the app running natively. But without rooting and possibly applying a custom ROM, it won't happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back