1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FiiO M11-Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by FiiO, Mar 19, 2019.
Tags:
First

Back
198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207
209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218
Next

Last
  1. abitdeef
    You can load Tidal with the fiio store app or apk pure app which is on the fiio store also.

Owludio likes this.
  2. abitdeef
    Was going to try Qobuz, but damn it has some crappy ratings and people saying they got charged despite canceling before the 30 day trial.

3. Vitandus
    Tidal music is in the FiiO app pack, no?
    Google Music requires Play so nope.

4. Owludio
    Thanks a lot. I guess Google music is not popular enough :triportsad:.
    I moved on from Spotify because of sound quality but Tidal library is limited and I only can stream at home as company IT is blocking it on internal Net

abitdeef likes this.
  5. abitdeef
    I'm assuming Google music requires play store support anyways? Which m11 of course doesn't have.

Oh didn't see Vitandus's post above mine.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  6. Vitandus
    I am trying out Deezer right now. I have an Apple Music sub, along with YouTube Premium, which covers music. I’ll keep the latter so my son doesn’t have to ensure ads in his Blippi videos.

7. DarthMarth
    Is it possible to output a line level Bluetooth signal, for devices that have their own volume control? I used Bluetooth for the first time today and was a little surprised that the volume knob on the DAP still worked, even when I set the output mode to LO.

8. audiophilefan
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think LO is applicable to bluetooth. It only works via the 3.5mm port (SE jack or SPDIF). You can try unchecking the option that says "Adjustable volume at LO" within the Audio settings. But it probably isn't safe via bluetooth, unless you're absolutely sure that the volume level at the receiver is set to safe levels (in case LO via bluetooth works, that is, but I doubt it). Hope this helps. :)

9. JimBob85
    I can see this as a system widget, however the interface all in what appears to be Chinese characters.

@JamesFiiO how can we access an English version of this app? I think it would be a great feature to have access to this app on this great DAP

audiophilefan likes this.
  10. abitdeef
    Correct, bluetooth is transmitted by your dap via a bluetooth chip to a receiver and is decoded and amplified at the source ie headphones or speaker, no line level output exists- the daps amp,dac is completely out of the loop.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  11. JimBob85
    @JamesFiiO - Considering the player's current issue with not being able to access the Google Play Store. Is there a risk that in the future Tidal/Spotify may no longer support the Android 7 which this player is limited to and therefore, there is a chance we could no longer be able to access these streaming services? What is the solution to this potential future problem?

Vitandus likes this.
  12. digititus
    How far is the future? Tidal & Spotify do not rely in Google Services. How long these apps are supported on Android 7 is up to the app developer.

13. JimBob85
    Yes, I understand that. I am just wondering that since Spotify /Tidal are advertised as supported services, and the fact that Android 7 is being phased out, whether there is some sort of agreement that companies such as Tidal/Spotify have with DAP developers to maintain support for the app version that works on the device to ensure that the DAP's streaming functions will continue to work throughout its useful lifespan

14. JamesFiiO Contributor
    Sorry we have not answer for this question but again, the Exynos7872 is the best Soc we can choose right now and we don't want go back to Rockchip .

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com http://fiio.udesk.cn/im_client/?web_plugin_id=24494&group_id=47899&language=en-us
    Vitandus and Nayparm like this.
  15. gLer
    Have any of you guys wanting Google Music/Apple Music etc. and worried about future comparability considered streaming from your Android phones TO the M11? Rememberr the M11 supports LDAC and AirPlay receive, so you’re not going to suffer any quality loss from your streaming music and gain all the advantages of the M11’s audio hardware. I know it’s not ideal to tether two devices, but it does seem useful if you’re mainly streaming.

As for Tidal etc not supporting Android 7, Tidal currently supports Android 5+, so chances are you’re good for several years yet and your Tidal app will likely outlive the M11.

Ojisan, misteral201103 and JimBob85 like this.
First

Back
198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207
209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218
Next

Last