[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jun 7, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #2,311 of 9,288
Obviously we don't know anything about the M13 yet but will it use amp modules like the X7ii? And was there going to be an M15 as well or is my memory getting mixed up? Whatever we're getting I have a good feeling it's going to make some (or many) regret their purchase of the M11, which is really saying something considering how great it is for the price
What we know so far is at least one higher end dap is coming, it will not have amp modules (the Q5s will be the last FiiO device with amp modules), and personally it won’t make me regret buying the M11 unless it does something spectacular for similar money. My guess is it’ll be priced north of $600, probably closer to $800, which is way more than I need to spend on a dap with the M11 in town. In 2-3 years when the M11 is replaced, then we can talk.

Jun 7, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #2,312 of 9,288
Get the M11. Because when the M13 is out you'll want to wait to the M15. When the M15 gets released you'll want to get the newly anounced M17. And so on. History of technology.
Somebody pin this! That said - I bought the M9 thinking ‘this is it’ but it was so crippled in the power department thank goodness the M11 came along quickly. I honestly don’t want for anything with the M11, maybe a few minor tweaks I wouldn’t have even considered before getting it and getting greedy. I’ve already got 256GB in this thing for pocket money, and it drives full size balanced headphone with grace - what else could one possibly need in a dap!?

Jun 7, 2019 at 4:24 PM Post #2,315 of 9,288
Just a little image of the mess that is the FiiO order, cocaine all over the place lol

Juj

Respect on the Gang Starr in your collection. :punch:

I more meant that it sounds like they have a 2.5 cord then using an adapter from that to go into 4.4. To me it wouldn't do anything to make it stronger? Either way the 2.5 plug is being used.

I think the general idea is you wouldn't be taking the 2.5 plug out of the adapter unless you were plugging it into a 2.5 jack. The main reason the adapter exists has less to do with it providing any major benefit and more to do with the convenience factor of buying the cheap adapter as opposed to another cable. Plus, if people have some devices with 2.5 jacks and others with 4.4 jacks, you don't necessarily want to be pulling the cables out of the headphones/iems all of the time when you're switching gear. It's easier just to have the little dongle or adapter.

Jun 7, 2019 at 4:26 PM Post #2,316 of 9,288
I think the general idea is you wouldn't be taking the 2.5 plug out of the adapter unless you were plugging it into a 2.5 jack. The main reason the adapter exists has less to do with it providing any major benefit and more to do with the convenience factor of buying the cheap adapter as opposed to another cable. Plus, if people have some devices with 2.5 jacks and others with 4.4 jacks, you don't necessarily want to be pulling the cables out of the headphones/iems all of the time when you're switching gear. It's easier just to have the little dongle or adapter.

Ah yep that would make sense.

Jun 7, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #2,317 of 9,288
Fiio have said they are stopping with amp modules soon. Maybe they'll go the Cayin n6ii route
Doesn't the N6ii have a similar system where both the amp and the DAC (instead of just the amp) are replaced? I haven't done much research on the DAP but if that's the case that could be revolutionary since it'll essentially become future proof allowing you to improve the sound overtime without having to get a new device

Jun 7, 2019 at 4:44 PM Post #2,318 of 9,288
Guys, these T2's have blown me away with this player. I find the combo perfect for rock music. The symbols and guitar solos are outstanding!

Jun 7, 2019 at 4:55 PM Post #2,320 of 9,288
Low gain. Its clearly audible when nothing plays
I'm not talking about slow passages. That'd be very difficult to spot.

There is a bit of hiss with my SE846's but only faintly audible in total quiet room and only at pauses between music. No more than with the DFR, HA2SE I had. Only things totally silent for me are my V30+ and ZX300 I had.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #2,321 of 9,288
Doesn't the N6ii have a similar system where both the amp and the DAC (instead of just the amp) are replaced? I haven't done much research on the DAP but if that's the case that could be revolutionary since it'll essentially become future proof allowing you to improve the sound overtime without having to get a new device

With my cans and iems I don't know if they could resolve the new sounds of the future. I don't know how much better sound reproduction can get.

I mean dacs for a long time resolve above human hearing and noise and distortion are pretty much inaudible to most.

Jun 7, 2019 at 5:24 PM Post #2,322 of 9,288
What we know so far is at least one higher end dap is coming, it will not have amp modules (the Q5s will be the last FiiO device with amp modules), and personally it won’t make me regret buying the M11 unless it does something spectacular for similar money. My guess is it’ll be priced north of $600, probably closer to $800, which is way more than I need to spend on a dap with the M11 in town. In 2-3 years when the M11 is replaced, then we can talk.

Yes any more $$$ and you're entering the land of diminishing returns. Btw I just got 8 teeth pulled, will have a little bit of extra time to enjoy m11.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2019 at 5:39 PM Post #2,324 of 9,288
There is a bit of hiss with my SE846's but only faintly audible in total quiet room and only at pauses between music. No more than with the DFR, HA2SE I had. Only things totally silent for me are my V30+ and ZX300 I had.
I don't think it's faulty. It exhibits less hiss than X5-iii in comparison. You have to look for it but it's there.
I reckon you have something wrong with your M11. Mine is dead silent. As in pitch black. I auditioned the notoriously sensitive Andromedas last weekend and try as I may, high gain full volume (no load), SE and balanced, quiet songs, loud songs - zero hiss. Not even a faint whisper. This thing is black.

It might be that I have tested it only though regular unbalanced connection. I will have a balanced cable for the 99c soon so will definitely report back. However, having heard daps like iBasso DX90 or the ZX2, I wouldn't say the M11 is dead silent by any means.

Jun 7, 2019 at 5:48 PM Post #2,325 of 9,288
I don't think it's faulty. It exhibits less hiss than X5-iii in comparison. You have to look for it but it's there.

It might be that I have tested it only though regular unbalanced connection. I will have a balanced cable for the 99c soon so will definitely report back. However, having heard daps like iBasso DX90 or the ZX2, I wouldn't say the M11 is dead silent by any means.

I'm using balanced. Its nothing really. I use low gain too.

Much more hiss with the ZX2 I had and the X5III. The original Oppo HA2 was terrible for hiss, had to send back.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back