[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jun 7, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #2,281 of 9,288
Haven't used this baby with Bluetooth. I'll have to check it out. I've been using the little m6 and it sounds really good, and LOUD.

I do love m11, I think it's even tightened up with some use.

Jun 7, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #2,282 of 9,288
I've made a small comparison video of M11 and X7-II, if anyone is deciding between this two models :)
Cleg - did you compare the M11 with X5III ?
Personally, I liked the X5III sound signature better than X7II - I prefered the X5III smoother and somewhat laid back sound signature (compared to X7II). How do you perceive the M11 compared to those 2 DAPs? will it be an upgrade (sound signature wise) for me, or is it more targeting people who are after the less smooth and less laid back signature of X7II?

Jun 7, 2019 at 1:14 PM Post #2,283 of 9,288
Personally, I liked the X5III sound signature better than X7II - I prefered the X5III smoother and somewhat laid back sound signature (compared to X7II). How do you perceive the M11 compared to those 2 DAPs? will it be an upgrade (sound signature wise) for me, or is it more targeting people who are after the less smooth and less laid back signature of X7II?
Think he prefers more treble.

Jun 7, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #2,284 of 9,288

I was also one who liked X5-iii's signature a lot.
Early days but the M11 is equally smooth yet more resolving and balanced accross the spectrum (less warm)

Jun 7, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #2,286 of 9,288
Dumb question, why does the physical skip track restarts the song? It's only when pressed a second time it skips for the next track.
Are you hitting the back button instead? The button layout makes sense if you place the player on its back so the screen it up and look at the buttons from that angle. Play, volume, back, forward - from left to right.

Jun 7, 2019 at 1:41 PM Post #2,287 of 9,288

If you like X5-3 signature, then I don’t suggest buying M11 without trying. In terms of neutrality and naturalness M11 is a step forward, but to my ears its signature pretty noticeably differs from X5-3, it’s less smooth and laid back. So it could not fit your taste (but of course it’s just a guess)

Jun 7, 2019 at 1:44 PM Post #2,288 of 9,288
Are you hitting the back button instead? The button layout makes sense if you place the player on its back so the screen it up and look at the buttons from that angle. Play, volume, back, forward - from left to right.

I'm pressing the right button.

Everytime I press it once, it restarts the current song. If I hit it a second, third, fourth time, and so on it skips tracks normaly. If I let it be, the next time I press it, it restarts the current track.

EDIT: Oh, strike that, I get it now. That makes no ****ing sense. Haha, all my daps skip track on the top button. All of them.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #2,290 of 9,288
I'm pressing the right button.

Everytime I press it once, it restarts the current song. If I hit it a second, third, fourth time, and so on it skips tracks normaly. If I let it be, the next time I press it, it restarts the current track.
Odd. Mine works fine. I only pointed that out because I'm dumb enough to have to sometimes remember which buttons do what because, to me, the buttons should be switched when I'm holding it, but make more sense how they are. I'm just hoping I'm not the dumbest person in the room, that's all :beyersmile:

Jun 7, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #2,291 of 9,288
Odd. Mine works fine. I only pointed that out because I'm dumb enough to have to sometimes remember which buttons do what because, to me, the buttons should be switched when I'm holding it, but make more sense how they are. I'm just hoping I'm not the dumbest person in the room, that's all :beyersmile:

Yeah, I get you now. Makes no sense, yeah, I was skipping back.

This player is made backwards haha, first, the buttons on the left, and then the skip on the botton. And the lock button on top. Ugh.

Jun 7, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #2,292 of 9,288
I was also one who liked X5-iii's signature a lot.
Early days but the M11 is equally smooth yet more resolving and balanced accross the spectrum (less warm)

If you like X5-3 signature, then I don’t suggest buying M11 without trying. In terms of neutrality and naturalness M11 is a step forward, but to my ears its signature pretty noticeably differs from X5-3, it’s less smooth and laid back. So it could not fit your taste (but of course it’s just a guess)

I was afraid of conflicting comments like these... :wink:
@G_T_J - the less-warm is a negative for me, so I guess both your and Cleg's responses make me believe I would stick to my X5-3.

I will definitely audition the M11 at CanJam SoCal, but unless sound signature is REALLY good or bad for my taste - will be hard to tell within 10 minutes audition, and show-floor conditions.

Jun 7, 2019 at 2:13 PM Post #2,293 of 9,288
IMG_20190607_201121.jpg
It's fricking here. And it's spectacular. Kudos, @FiiO

Jun 7, 2019 at 2:13 PM Post #2,294 of 9,288
I was afraid of conflicting comments like these... :wink:
@G_T_J - the less-warm is a negative for me, so I guess both your and Cleg's responses make me believe I would stick to my X5-3.

I will definitely audition the M11 at CanJam SoCal, but unless sound signature is REALLY good or bad for my taste - will be hard to tell within 10 minutes audition, and show-floor conditions.

If you have the chance try it first as it deviates a bit from the X5-iii sound.
The X5-iii had a vinyl-like flavor in its signature - smooth, musical, warm and with high noise floor.

M11 retains the smoothness, it is articulated but it's not as warm while it still does have a high noise floor, especially with Hifiman's RE-600. Hiss is less audible with Meze 99c and I'd say it compliments the ''bassy'' 99s nicely. I guess that's another indication-proof that M11 is well-balanced across the spectrum. (I can't listen to my 99c through my Note8 - too musch bass!).
I previously had the R6 and the M11 is definitely smoother. I had to sell the R6 as I'm sensitive to treble spikes and aggressive signatures.

On thing to be noted, I have figured that the X5-iii is warmer than most players out there. It was warmer in comparison to my ZX2 despite Sony Walkmans being notorious as musical DAPs that lean towards the warmer side. From memory, M11 is closer to what ZX2 was but of course the Sony was dead silent.

As I said, early days but M11 has a very favorable signature that pairs well with warmer headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back