[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jun 7, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #2,296 of 9,288
I had X5III and ZX300, both considered warm (prefered ZX300)

The M11 is just all round better to my ears (with my SE846's) certainly not over warm but not boring clinical either.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2019 at 2:54 PM Post #2,298 of 9,288
Yeah, I get you now. Makes no sense, yeah, I was skipping back.

This player is made backwards haha, first, the buttons on the left, and then the skip on the botton. And the lock button on top. Ugh.
I like the lock button on top, but I wish the controls were on the other side of the player. On the bright side, lefties will be thrilled :k701smile:

Jun 7, 2019 at 2:55 PM Post #2,299 of 9,288
I never said you get sub-par audio through Bluetooth, I said you get below average volume (at least with the devices I tested). Others don't seem to have that problem with LDAC headphones, and in fact report superb audio quality. I'd say the M11 is excellent at everything - wired and wireless - just that wired is obviously (and expectedly) better than wireless, which is the case with ANY device.
I know that's not what you were inferring, I was just calling it sub-par compared to the performance you'd get when connecting it through one of the three ports. Like you and what Fish1050 said that's kind of a given though.

Jun 7, 2019 at 2:59 PM Post #2,300 of 9,288
Obviously we don't know anything about the M13 yet but will it use amp modules like the X7ii? And was there going to be an M15 as well or is my memory getting mixed up? Whatever we're getting I have a good feeling it's going to make some (or many) regret their purchase of the M11, which is really saying something considering how great it is for the price

Jun 7, 2019 at 3:11 PM Post #2,301 of 9,288
Obviously we don't know anything about the M13 yet but will it use amp modules like the X7ii? And was there going to be an M15 as well or is my memory getting mixed up? Whatever we're getting I have a good feeling it's going to make some (or many) regret their purchase of the M11, which is really saying something considering how great it is for the price

Get the M11. Because when the M13 is out you'll want to wait to the M15. When the M15 gets released you'll want to get the newly anounced M17. And so on. History of technology.

Jun 7, 2019 at 3:21 PM Post #2,302 of 9,288
Fiio have said they are stopping with amp modules soon. Maybe they'll go the Cayin n6ii route

Jun 7, 2019 at 3:27 PM Post #2,303 of 9,288
If you have the chance try it first as it deviates a bit from the X5-iii sound.
The X5-iii had a vinyl-like flavor in its signature - smooth, musical, warm and with high noise floor.

M11 retains the smoothness, it is articulated but it's not as warm while it still does have a high noise floor, especially with Hifiman's RE-600. Hiss is less audible with Meze 99c and I'd say it compliments the ''bassy'' 99s nicely. I guess that's another indication-proof that M11 is well-balanced across the spectrum. (I can't listen to my 99c through my Note8 - too musch bass!).
I previously had the R6 and the M11 is definitely smoother. I had to sell the R6 as I'm sensitive to treble spikes and aggressive signatures.

On thing to be noted, I have figured that the X5-iii is warmer than most players out there. It was warmer in comparison to my ZX2 despite Sony Walkmans being notorious as musical DAPs that lean towards the warmer side. From memory, M11 is closer to what ZX2 was but of course the Sony was dead silent.

As I said, early days but M11 has a very favorable signature that pairs well with warmer headphones.

You using high gain on the meze? I'm using low gain and can't hear any hiss at all- balanced 2.5 out.

Jun 7, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #2,305 of 9,288

No more amp modules on daps from fiio, and no more duel card readers.

Jun 7, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #2,308 of 9,288
I forgot to mention that all my tests so far are through regular unbalanced output. I have a balanced cable for the 99c on order plus I will also buy an adapter for my balanced re600

Yeah maybe the 2.5 is cleaner, I use tracks that have long stretches of silence to listen for hiss. I've never really heard any with the meze 99. I do remember older iPods and older Sonys were hiss monsters.

So far this things silent , even with my more sensitive gear. There was someone else that complained about hiss on cans that just aren't sensitive enough to exhibit hiss.

I'm wondering if a couple are defective.? I mean the meze are 30 ohms and 103db sensitivity. Not a real sensitive can.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2019 at 4:06 PM Post #2,309 of 9,288
If you have the chance try it first as it deviates a bit from the X5-iii sound.
The X5-iii had a vinyl-like flavor in its signature - smooth, musical, warm and with high noise floor.

M11 retains the smoothness, it is articulated but it's not as warm while it still does have a high noise floor, especially with Hifiman's RE-600. Hiss is less audible with Meze 99c and I'd say it compliments the ''bassy'' 99s nicely. I guess that's another indication-proof that M11 is well-balanced across the spectrum. (I can't listen to my 99c through my Note8 - too musch bass!).
I previously had the R6 and the M11 is definitely smoother. I had to sell the R6 as I'm sensitive to treble spikes and aggressive signatures.

On thing to be noted, I have figured that the X5-iii is warmer than most players out there. It was warmer in comparison to my ZX2 despite Sony Walkmans being notorious as musical DAPs that lean towards the warmer side. From memory, M11 is closer to what ZX2 was but of course the Sony was dead silent.

As I said, early days but M11 has a very favorable signature that pairs well with warmer headphones.
I reckon you have something wrong with your M11. Mine is dead silent. As in pitch black. I auditioned the notoriously sensitive Andromedas last weekend and try as I may, high gain full volume (no load), SE and balanced, quiet songs, loud songs - zero hiss. Not even a faint whisper. This thing is black.

Jun 7, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #2,310 of 9,288
I reckon you have something wrong with your M11. Mine is dead silent. As in pitch black. I auditioned the notoriously sensitive Andromedas last weekend and try as I may, high gain full volume (no load), SE and balanced, quiet songs, loud songs - zero hiss. Not even a faint whisper. This thing is black.

Interesting. Mine had a decent amount of hiss too 4.4mm out w 64 audio A18t.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back